The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pollyanna1998
I don't know either ?? :frown:

i;ve been taught it but i dont know what it is.. lord my recall is complete an utter crap right now
Original post by Mysterious M
don't worry thats me for all my subjects now *sigh* good luck eh? we;re going to need it god i hate the ' key

Luckily two of my subjects I did last year and are just resits which relieve the pressure a bit as I am happy with a B and a C 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Omg

If these attachments work, I just found predictions for the exam (I know we shouldn't rely on these but to hell with it)

Is it the Loopa predictions or some new ones? 😱

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GelukkigChloe
Is it the Loopa predictions or some new ones? 😱

Posted from TSR Mobile

No it's only loops :frown: GUYS LOOK UP LOOPA PREDICTIONS FOR PSYCHOLOGY AS
No it's only loops :frown: GUYS LOOK UP LOOPA PREDICTIONS FOR PSYCHOLOGY AS

If they are correct then I will be very very happy 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
Luckily two of my subjects I did last year and are just resits which relieve the pressure a bit as I am happy with a B and a C 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you apply to university

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahh i see, lucky:P
Well im off, If i stay up now im deffo fudged tomorrow, have fun revising guys and lets hope cramming an hour or so before somehow helps me

Goodnight to all and good luck~~
I KNOWWW :frown:((((((((( I really want to go to university but at this rate all the ones I've looked at for the course I want require AAB or ABB. At this rate I'm not too confident
It motivates well ill give you that, but when you're literally leaving it until the day the motivation doesn't always pay off because theres a high chance you wont be able to cover everything (though some will be able to). That and the stress overload makes it hard to get the info into your head, but good technique :smile: night!
Did you apply to university

Unfortunately no. 😔 I chose to resit year 12 as I despised physics and I told my teachers that I would resit the year if I had to take physics to A2.

Unfortunately, the Maths gods were not in my favour and I got an E, so I couldn't take it onto A2. It took a lot of persuading for my head of sixth to let me resit the year. I'm so glad that I did as I actually enjoy my subjects now.

I'm taking psychology and geography as new A-Levels and I am resitting AS Biology and Chemistry 😊 I hope to do psychology at university, so these exams are very important to me 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
i;ve been taught it but i dont know what it is.. lord my recall is complete an utter crap right now

The peg word technique and the method of loci are separate techniques

Method of loci is when you think of a regular route that you take, picture a number of key landmarks along that route and then picture whatever word you want to remember with that landmark. Then when you think of the landmark the word should also be in your memory.

The peg word method is when you use a list like 'One is a Bun' Two is a shoe' and then picture the word you want to remember for example an apple, and picture it in a shoe, if that makes sense! it is pretty complicated!
Well i wouldve been screwed had it not been for you, dear angel:P, what is the peg method again?

It is basically when you associate a word with another word and visually hang it using a peg. Apparently it's a good method of learning information quickly.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well im off, If i stay up now im deffo fudged tomorrow, have fun revising guys and lets hope cramming an hour or so before somehow helps me

Goodnight to all and good luck~~

GOOD LUCK HUN! Every little helps blah blah. Just go in there with the right attitude, your mindset helps. Don't miss out any questions - blag about it if you don't know anything. You will do fine. Tell me how you think it went tomorrow :smile: praying to the exam gods for easy questions
Original post by JuliusSeizure
It is basically when you associate a word with another word and visually hang it using a peg. Apparently it's a good method of learning information quickly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't that the method of loci where you associate something with a room in a house....
Original post by Hannah_Lake
The peg word technique and the method of loci are separate techniques

Method of loci is when you think of a regular route that you take, picture a number of key landmarks along that route and then picture whatever word you want to remember with that landmark. Then when you think of the landmark the word should also be in your memory.

The peg word method is when you use a list like 'One is a Bun' Two is a shoe' and then picture the word you want to remember for example an apple, and picture it in a shoe, if that makes sense! it is pretty complicated!

I'll reread this tomorrow - that is a horrible way to remember in my opinion :P
Thankyou! good luck!
Original post by JuliusSeizure

Posted from TSR Mobile

my mind is long gone for this, thankyou though, good luck and good night!
Unfortunately no. 😔 I chose to resit year 12 as I despised physics and I told my teachers that I would resit the year if I had to take physics to A2.

Unfortunately, the Maths gods were not in my favour and I got an E, so I couldn't take it onto A2. It took a lot of persuading for my head of sixth to let me resit the year. I'm so glad that I did as I actually enjoy my subjects now.

I'm taking psychology and geography as new A-Levels and I am resitting AS Biology and Chemistry 😊 I hope to do psychology at university, so these exams are very important to me 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

My current college doesn't let you resit, I feel like I'd snap up the opportunity to resit year 12 though, and put more into it :frown: We will just have to see how bad I do...
my mind is long gone for this, thankyou though, good luck and good night!

You too :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
GOOD LUCK HUN! Every little helps blah blah. Just go in there with the right attitude, your mindset helps. Don't miss out any questions - blag about it if you don't know anything. You will do fine. Tell me how you think it went tomorrow :smile: praying to the exam gods for easy questions

lmao thankyou, you too :P
You and me both! i will be blabbing 75% of the time i assure you, good night and good luck!

Yeah ofc we'll discuss it here

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending