The Student Room Group

AQA Economics AS May 2015

Scroll to see replies

What did you guys pic for the MPC question where it asks about market failure? Diseconomies of scale or immobility factor (or something similar)??
Original post by czj1997
what did you guys put for the MCQ question on the capital goods/derived demand?

depends on demand for consumer goods
Original post by jakelong1001
For question 2 on the multiple choice did you guys pick A - Delivery Van or B - Stocks & Shares?

Van

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BBeyond
yh i got 4 d's in a row around there :smile:

Damn, I got 3 As in a row at some point and I think I got DDCD or something there . . . I've forgotten half of the questions, though!
Original post by ridirahman
What did you guys pic for the MPC question where it asks about market failure? Diseconomies of scale or immobility factor (or something similar)??

factor immobility
What about the normal good relating to income elasticity and price elasticity? I said both were positive?
Original post by BBeyond
i doubt it :frown: you didn't define income

How about "it's an unequal distribution on income between the rich and the poor. Income is a flow of money and this generally represent skills in of people e.g. bankers on average make more than a cashier" for some reason my mind went blank so I tried my best to explain what I meant. Argh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The question about what is associated with market failures is negative externalities btw, it came up on a previous paper.
Original post by BBeyond
i doubt it :frown: you didn't define income

I put 'when there is a gap between the rich and poor & wrote some more stuff..' is this right?
i didnt manage to finish the 25 markers tho
Original post by Kiranjott
What about the normal good relating to income elasticity and price elasticity? I said both were positive?

There were two questions on normal goods /inferior goods I think - if my memory is right, the first was about the effect of a fall in incomes - for that I think the answer was that demand for goods Y and Z only would increase.
Original post by Kiranjott

income positive price negative

Original post by TheGreatImposter
How about "it's an unequal distribution on income between the rich and the poor. Income is a flow of money and this generally represent skills in of people e.g. bankers on average make more than a cashier" for some reason my mind went blank so I tried my best to explain what I meant. Argh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would say 5
Original post by ridirahman
I put 'when there is a gap between the rich and poor & wrote some more stuff..' is this right?

i don't think you'd get 5 sorry :frown: i may be wrong ofc
Original post by TheGreatImposter

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's okay, I think I said something like income is the wages paid to an individual after tax deductions and when assets like stocks and shares are added, and inequality means that there is an uneven distribution and therefore a disparity between the incomes of the individuals in an economy. Something like that?
Original post by Wawasan
Good on the whole, I suspect grade boundaries will be a little bit lower than last year maybe.

I'm just wondering - for the multiple choice, did any of you end of with the answer D for questions 7, 8, 9 AND 10? Or something similar - I can't remember. I was a bit surprised to end up with four in a row but I suppose Iwas confident of the answer being D at the time!

Yes.
Original post by Wawasan
There were two questions on normal goods /inferior goods I think - if my memory is right, the first was about the effect of a fall in incomes - for that I think the answer was that demand for goods Y and Z only would increase.

what did you put for the question about british gas bro? pretty sure I put D
Original post by BBeyond
what did you put for the question about british gas bro? pretty sure I put D

Hmm I really can't remember the question? :confused: If I recognize it then I'm sure I'd remember!
Original post by Wawasan
Hmm I really can't remember the question? :confused: If I recognize it then I'm sure I'd remember!

it said gas prices rose 18% or something? then what does the data infer
what about the last mcq question on monopoly? the answers were like high prices lead to market failure, product differentiation has low barriers of entry and others i forgot.
Original post by BBeyond
it said gas prices rose 18% or something? then what does the data infer

Is that multiple choice? I remember there being one about inelastic demand of -0.6 and that an increase in price would cause the amount spent/revenues to increase but I can't seem to remember anything about British Gas? :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending