The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Marli-Ruth
LOOOOL yeah ������������ :biggrin:

DO YOU GET MORE MARKS?????? I wrote loads of information about it because it's the only thing I revised but I coulda drawn the diagram as well!!!! Would a diagram impress the examiner cos I was trying to do everything I could to make the examiner happy despite almost writing Monopoly in my exam :eek:
For pilot study did you write about asking pps how they felt about experiment, seeing if enough time to remember 10 words adjust time etc and then state approprirate because improve pilot study and save time / money?
Reply 1522
Don't worry about the little 2 markers guys. Most points are really relevant. Remember in mark schemes, it says give marks to any relevant points, and the examiners are normally psychology teachers (My psychology teacher is one!) so they should understand what you mean :smile: As long as you have elaborated!
For the 12 marker for A02 i used the study of Hodges and Tizard for a study against the concept of Bowlbys Critical period, is this correct and will i get marks for it?!?!?!!?
For some stupid reason, for the 6 mark question asking the effect of anxiety on EWT, i wrote about the Memon study (age on accuracy) do you think i still might be able to get a couple of marks?!?!
Original post by Jimmy_G123
For the 12 marker for A02 i used the study of Hodges and Tizard for a study against the concept of Bowlbys Critical period, is this correct and will i get marks for it?!?!?!!?

depends on what you ACTUALLY wrote.. as long as you link it to disagree with the Critical period then yes it is relevant
For the memory improvement, I talked about the method of loci?

Is this right?
Just to check; when asked to outline the MSM, we did not have to talk about specifics in terms of capacity, encoding, and duration (i.e the studies and what these were found to be?) I said it was linear, explained how information is transferred between stores and forgotten in quite a bit of detail, but simply said that each store was 'different' in terms of it's capacity, duration and encoding. Surely this would be unnecessary AO2 given the outline nature of the question?
Original post by SEGHaynes
For some stupid reason, for the 6 mark question asking the effect of anxiety on EWT, i wrote about the Memon study (age on accuracy) do you think i still might be able to get a couple of marks?!?!

Possibly? I wrote about the weapon focus effect... Is that right?
For the 'advantage of strange situation' I wrote about how it is a controlled observation which can be stopped if infants get way too distressed, would that be relevant ?
Also, what do you think the grade boundaries will be like? in all the previous years its usually about 50 marks or more out of 72 to get an A. Do you think the same will apply roughly for this year?
Original post by billymccreith
Just to check; when asked to outline the MSM, we did not have to talk about specifics in terms of capacity, encoding, and duration (i.e the studies and what these were found to be?) I said it was linear, explained how information is transferred between stores and forgotten in quite a bit of detail, but simply said that each store was 'different' in terms of it's capacity, duration and encoding. Surely this would be unnecessary AO2 given the outline nature of the question?

Hmm, I added it, just to be sure...

So I said something like "For information to be transferred to the STM, it must be attended to, once there it is encoded acoustically and information can be held there for approximately 18-20 seconds, as proposed by Peterson and Peterson..." etc, etc...
Original post by TrojanH
depends on what you ACTUALLY wrote.. as long as you link it to disagree with the Critical period then yes it is relevant

I wrote that they found adopted children still managed to form close bonds with care givers when interviewed at the age of 8, this suggests that attachment can happen outside of the the critical period so goes against this concept? would that get me a mark or two?
Was the EWT testimony I wrote about the weapon focus effect and loftus et al

Is this right?😔😔😔

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by victoria1998
Possibly? I wrote about the weapon focus effect... Is that right?

yes weapon effect is right
Original post by Prina_R

Is this right?😔😔😔

Posted from TSR Mobile

yep thats right
Original post by Prina_R

Is this right?😔😔😔

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes! It was anxiety on eyewitness testimony. I used the weapon focus effect as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the advantage of SS I wrote about prior and glaser..how the SS helps with future situations. Eg) if you are securely attached then you have positive outcomes such as independence...is this right?:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shamzy25
Yes! It was anxiety on eyewitness testimony. I used the weapon focus effect as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would it have been okay to have just mentioned weapon focus effect? Did you have to mention more than one? I only did that one...
Original post by Onion Ring
DO YOU GET MORE MARKS?????? I wrote loads of information about it because it's the only thing I revised but I coulda drawn the diagram as well!!!! Would a diagram impress the examiner cos I was trying to do everything I could to make the examiner happy despite almost writing Monopoly in my exam :eek:

No, you won't get more marks if you fully explained all the things that would of been on the diagram, e.g attention, decay etc. I don't think a diagram would impress the examiner as much as a fully coherant answer giving a detailed explanation on the MSM- although a diagram is acceptable, it is not ideal, especially as on the front of the paper it actually states 'you must write in continuous prose', so I wouldnt worry:-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending