The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce

Lol ye

Original post by al_94
Wenger a veteran manager with nearly 20 years at Arsenal just got outfoxed twice in a season by a 36 year old amateur called Garry Monk. If that doesn't tell you this man is past it then I don't know what will.

Oh come on, it's not that deep. Same could be said for LVG, vastly better credentials than Monk and is simply a better manager in the game yet Monk was able to out fox him twice this season too. It happens. Poyet managed to outfox Mourinho twice last season taking 4/6 points from the two fixtures, does that mean Jose's past it? Ton of other examples but cba to type them now.

Tonight was just an example of how good a team Swansea are and what a season they're having. Just a bad tactical decision from Wenger, don't think it's fair to call out his whole managerial existence for us because of one game. Our run had to end somewhere, too bad it was tonight lol :smile:
They will F up in the games that matter, and have no excuse except "that's what we are"
A loss at Old Trafford, where you have failed to win a league match since 2006, would send United one point above you.
Reply 9823
You know who checking

Although disappointing, I'm happy we lost to Swansea yesterday, it gives our fans a right deserved kick up the ass. Only a few weeks ago we were being compared to the likes of Chelsea by some deluded ***** and tbh I'm sick of the false sense of optimism that we get every year as if things ever look up, and as if we're ever close to the title. We're on track to finish at a MAXIMUM of 79 points which is not progress but we'd be lucky to even reach that as we're going into the UTD game with bad form. Would not be surprised one bit if they managed to win hence most likely we're finishing on 76/77 pts which is ****ing piss poor.

Where are the "AKB's" who were calling out for the Wenger outs all year? Hope it's finally sunken into your head that Wenger will not take us towards the title but let's be real IF by chance we managed to win the FA cup you'll turn around again and say "2 back to back FA cups, "Vengah is progress!!"

Glad it happened sooner, then to wait till next season and realise that we HAVENT PROGRESSED at all, instead Wenger has papered over the cracks here as usual we'll continue finishing 4th. Lol at anyone who says 3rd is progress when in reality it's 4th by default because UTD and Liverpool have both declined.

We'll sign another reject like Pedro and say "yeah we got a real chance this year!!1!", whilst other teams try to sign players like Pogba, Koke, Griezman, Depay, Gundogan,Hummels, and we'll be sitting here with a squad full of misfits. It just goes to show you that no matter who we sign, we'll still fall short because Wenger is inept tactically. Inb4 big wins to a collapsed City side who have been beaten by dross like Liverpool, and UTD in the FA cup which means **** all until we can beat them at OT next week. Wenger is a top 4 manager now at best, as long as he is in charge then I will guarantee you we will not win the title. Let's not forget Mourinho finished above us in the table whilst using Torres and ****ing Demba Ba as his strikers.

inb4 "You're only saying this cause we lost". No. I've stated that I've always been Wenger out through out this season even if I did have the false sense of hope that we were making progress. The funny thing is at the start (and end) of the last summer transfer window, it was argued on this thread that Wenger MUST win the title this season and has no excuses for failure, otherwise it was time for him to go. And yet we're back in the same position with people saying "let's just give him a year or two more, we are progress!!", failing to realise his shortcomings yet again.

Wenger had the two best chances at the title for 2013/2014 season and, this season (considering bar for City we were in the best position to push on). But he's failed, and the teams around us are only getting stronger. Wenger's blown it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9824
Also remember when you all took the piss out of Peggles for being over dramatic, but she was right all along

Apologise
Drl
Pretty sure Peggles was just AFTVs Claude's TSR account
Original post by swirly
Pretty sure Peggles was just AFTVs Claude's TSR account

Haven't been here for ages and you're still talking about me, aww cute.

Yesterday was a pile of **** but can't win them all, no point in being too hung up over it considering we've been on a good run for quite some time now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9828
Original post by Peggles_*
Haven't been here for ages and you're still talking about me, aww cute.

Yesterday was a pile of **** but can't win them all, no point in being too hung up over it considering we've been on a good run for quite some time now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Speak of da ****ing devil

Scroll up to see why you were quoted though lel
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Pimped Butterfly
And yet there's 100s of players from the PL who move to bigger clubs and flop.

The whole 'no PL experience' is exactly that; a giant ****ing myth.

Oh don't get me wrong, there are tons of flops from smaller teams (Carroll springs to mind), but be realistic, if you're going for the pl, what's a more likely better SHORT term signing for challenging for the pl, Benteke or Lacazette?
Benteke has proven his worth over the last 2 seasons in a pretty awful team, Lacazette is a guy who's killing it, but is also a big risk in the next year or so, he doesn't have pl experience so will likely take a year or 2 to adapt, and no cl experience (not that that matters Benteke doesn't and we aren't getting further than the quarters even if we're lucky).

Plus Wengs would no doubt play him on the wing just to banter him off and "help him develop". Plus he's said he's happy whete he is and will have cl football anyway.

I'm liking the reports of Milner, he's a decent player who can play in pretty much any midfield position, although if both him and Pedro sign it'll mean either Walcott's out, or being moved to striker and Ox to CDM most likely.
Original post by RA95
Also remember when you all took the piss out of Peggles for being over dramatic, but she was right all along

Apologise

Lol it's alright, can't expect everyone to have seen the light like I had done a few years ago.

Was a typical performance last night, I thought the arrogant Arsenal of old had finally gone. They honestly thought they could just rock up and win 3-0 kmt!

Posted from TSR Mobile
We lose for the first time in 3 months and Peggles returns, no surpruse there then :colone:
Original post by Mackay
A loss at Old Trafford, where you have failed to win a league match since 2006, would send United one point above you.

And we have a game in hand against Sunderland, what is your point here?
Original post by RA95
Speak of da ****ing devil

Scroll up to see why you were quoted though lel

Lol I'm not dramatic anyway, I'm just passionate but being so passionate takes a lot of me so took a step back.

Poor Claude though, he honestly looked like he was about to have a heart attack, Arsenal will kill him off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by leinad2012
We lose for the first time in 3 months and Peggles returns, no surpruse there then :colone:

Can you read?

Have I criticised the team or Wenger? No.

And if you looked, you would have seen that someone said something about me so I just commented. I've been doing great since we've been winning, but I'm also an adult and can't spend
My entire day on here like some.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol it's alright, can't expect everyone to have seen the light like I had done a few years ago.

Was a typical performance last night, I thought the arrogant Arsenal of old had finally gone. They honestly thought they could just rock up and win 3-0 kmt!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had same problem with United fans. Can be positive at this time of the season though, maybe will mean that you go into the market to reinvest and there's no real ramifications for the dropped points. Having said that, the way Wenger came out and criticised Monk for not playing (wtf anyway) suggests he puts the blame on the opposition, not his own team. Scary thing for you guys I guess is Swansea are unbeaten in the last 3 years at the Emirates, which suggests more than luck, and a mid table side having your number is a scary prospect. Same for United and most mid-table sides as well, reality is that both teams are ****e. Van Gaal will invest, do you think Wenger will?
Leinad bitter as usual
(edited 8 years ago)
Can you read?

Have I criticised the team or Wenger? No.

And if you looked, you would have seen that someone said something about me so I just commented. I've been doing great since we've been winning, but I'm also an adult and can't spend
My entire day on here like some.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's only banter Peggles calm, I've had to be the one to take over as the negative fan over the last 3 months without you here, it's tough :redface:

So long as we finish 3rd I'm pleased we lost, the arrogance against 6-10 places teams is disgusting, which is why we've got less points vs. 6-9 than 1-5 this season, absolute arrogance and tactical incompetance
Original post by leinad2012
Oh don't get me wrong, there are tons of flops from smaller teams (Carroll springs to mind), but be realistic, if you're going for the pl, what's a more likely better SHORT term signing for challenging for the pl, Benteke or Lacazette?

Lacazette would be better in the short term too. He has all the attributes to succeed in PL football, and is a better player than Benteke all round. And you don't make signings, not in the least £25m signings like Benteke and Lacazette, for the short term.

Liverpool signed Adam Lallana this summer (debatable whether he was a back up to, or the first choice ahead of, Xherdan Shaqiri) and injuries meant that we immediately lost the value of his 'PL readiness', ie there's no point putting value in the 'PL experience' myth, because moving from a smaller club to a bigger club is can be just as big a change in playing style as it is across leagues. If a foreign player doesn't immediately succeed, it can more often be put down to being played in the wrong system (eg Suarez under Dalglish) or to other factors like injury, playing in a losing team etc, rather than 'not being ready for PL football'.

Lacazette is a rapid, physical beast of a striker who's excellent on the counter. I see no reason why he would struggle to adapt to the quicker transitions of this league (actually he'd probably thrive, just as Torres, Aguero, Costa did).

So this PL experience thing is, as previously stated, a giant myth.
Original post by Depleted
I had same problem with United fans. Can be positive at this time of the season though, maybe will mean that you go into the market to reinvest and there's no real ramifications for the dropped points. Having said that, the way Wenger came out and criticised Monk for not playing (wtf anyway) suggests he puts the blame on the opposition, not his own team. Scary thing for you guys I guess is Swansea are unbeaten in the last 3 years at the Emirates, which suggests more than luck, and a mid table side having your number is a scary prospect. Same for United and most mid-table sides as well, reality is that both teams are ****e. Van Gaal will invest, do you think Wenger will?

Swansea are our new bogey team. It's easy for Arsene to criticise them but in reality, they done what everyone would of predicted of them, if we are such a superior team, it should be our job to overcome them.

What is more worrying is that we cannot seem to unlock a team who will spend the majority of their time sitting deep and defending.

I don't think it's a question of will be invest, because quite frankly he has to. If we don't, and everyone else does, he go backwards. We need a new GK, DM and someone who gets goals from the right. As much as I love the Ox, his return from the right is shocking, something like 14 goals and 14 assists in over 100 appearances.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest