The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by millseat
Does anyone know what to include for A02 on a 12 marker on types of conformity??

Do you mean normative social influence and informational social influence?

In this case ..

A strength of these explanations is that they can help us to understand conformity and therefore help people resist pressures to conform. An example of this is that it has been found that normative social influence can explain bullying. The people who are doing the bullying may not actually think that what they're doing is right but they might feel pressure to bully in order to conform to their group's norms.

A weakness is that we can't always explain conformity with normative social influence and informational social influence because most of the research has been done using lab experiments therefore the results lack ecological validity. It also means that it's hard to generelise them to real life settings.

Another weakness is that it would be wrong to see these explanations as completely separate explanations. A better way of explaining conformity may be by combining both explanations.
Original post by miaa97
Yeah it was something like give one strength and one limitation of a case study

ok thanks, thought I wrote about the wrong thing for a sec
Yeah, they also happened to give us a full page to answer something worth 4 marks... It wasn't as if it was about pilots that needed a full runway
Will the grade boundaries ever be above 80% for an A? (57/58 marks) Like will they ever raise it and say 85% for an A?
Reply 1684
Original post by arthursaskia
For the question on research into anxiety on EWT did anyone else use Peters 1988? This was about anxiety and accuracy of recall in EWT but no one else seems to have used this study, do you think I could still get marks?

I used Peters too, it is an anxiety study so I'm sure we'll get marks, I doubt it's enough for a full 6 though as there's not loads to write about for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fleming1928
Do you mean normative social influence and informational social influence?In this case ..A strength of these explanations is that they can help us to understand conformity and therefore help people resist pressures to conform. An example of this is that it has been found that normative social influence can explain bullying. The people who are doing the bullying may not actually think that what they're doing is right but they might feel pressure to bully in order to conform to their group's norms.A weakness is that we can't always explain conformity with normative social influence and informational social influence because most of the research has been done using lab experiments therefore the results lack ecological validity. It also means that it's hard to generelise them to real life settings.Another weakness is that it would be wrong to see these explanations as completely separate explanations. A better way of explaining conformity may be by combining both explanations.
Thank you thats really helped!
Im so worrird about confirmty and stress...any tips on how to revise them effectively...i did a mock and got a B but i want a high A...any tips,??
For the question about anxiety and EWT, could you say that one of limitations of it is that a lot of the research is lab based and therefore cannot be applied to real life?
Original post by ZaneJohnson98
For the question about anxiety and EWT, could you say that one of limitations of it is that a lot of the research is lab based and therefore cannot be applied to real life?

if I remember correctly you had to explain a limitation of the study you wrote about ??? so f you wrote about the one in the health clinic that was a field experiment that would be wrong
Original post by faggstagram
if I remember correctly you had to explain a limitation of the study you wrote about ??? so f you wrote about the one in the health clinic that was a field experiment that would be wrong

Actually, it was a general limitation of using psychological experiments to conduct research into the effects of anxiety on EWT. So it didn't have to be linked to the aforementioned study.
Original post by zeusss
this isn't true. I've looked at the boundaries for the past few years and the highest I saw was 57/72 :/

Seriously! Thats great, we've always been told its 60 at college XD
Reply 1691
Is there an unofficial mark scheme for yesterday's exam out yet?
Original post by ZaneJohnson98

You could say that, I said that conducting research into anxiety requires the participants to be emotionally aroused, so could cause psychological harm.
What was a strength and a limitation for the question about case studies ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is doing 3 pages without using paragraphs except on the essay question on notepad decent? I did a full 3 pages and I'm wondering if that's too little? Thanks.
Original post by ssn2125
Any predictions for the psya2 12 marker(s)??

Posted from TSR Mobile

check loopa and saj has made predictions
is there research methods on unit 2?
Original post by Marli-Ruth
That's what I put too :frown: I put a time frame also

I think that is correct as it was comparing 1 memory strategy so if you compared 2 memory strategys that is wrong it was the effect of using a memory strategy for recall rather than not using one ....
Original post by chloenew23
is there research methods on unit 2?

Yes unfortunately!
Original post by AyshaU
check loopa and saj has made predictions

thanks, will do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending