The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by christophaw
The Humber region! How about you? Had my assessment on the 21st of April!

Mine was 17th for West Mid! We should hear back around the same time really depending on how they're doing it!
Original post by rafanadal
Mine was 17th for West Mid! We should hear back around the same time really depending on how they're doing it!

I'm ridiculously nervous haha! Though the wait for this isn't that bad! I applied for a different apprenticeship last year and I applied in March, test in April, interview may, then didn't hear back till mid September :')
Good luck man!!!
Just a question for you guys, what's everyone's background? The guys at my assessment were all mainly in college, Where I finished college and have been in work for two years haha, wondered if I'm the only one that's applied that isn't a student or something like that?:smile:
Original post by christophaw
I'm ridiculously nervous haha! Though the wait for this isn't that bad! I applied for a different apprenticeship last year and I applied in March, test in April, interview may, then didn't hear back till mid September :':wink:
Good luck man!!!

Me too I want this so bad haha! And jeeeez that's horrible how did you cope :s-smilie: good luck to you too, be sure to post on here if you get it :biggrin:
Me too I want this so bad haha! And jeeeez that's horrible how did you cope :s-smilie: good luck to you too, be sure to post on here if you get it :biggrin:

I sure will! Keep us updated to pal! :smile:
Original post by AFellaW
Yeah I mean it's a tad annoying getting it after the assessment centre but the only way it disadvantaged me was I could have focused on the 5 competencies they wanted instead of the 10 or so in the Civil Service framework

Hi, could you tell me what the 5 competencies are which they would like you to incorporate? I have an assessment centre on Friday and have not yet received anything like this from them
Reply 266

I applied for commercial as my first choice and heard back after exactly a week so fingers crossed you'll hear soon :smile:
Reply 267
Hi everyone, I'm going to the Assessment Centre tomorrow at Newcastle. I'm feeling pretty prepared for it myself, got all documents and have looked back at my application and the competencies that they are looking for. Is there anything else that I should know about on the day?
vbf
Original post by MH01
I applied for commercial as my first choice and heard back after exactly a week so fingers crossed you'll hear soon :smile:

Did you have your assessment centre in london i had mine of the 1st may as well but havent heard back yet, and is it confirmed that you have gotten a place within commercial? :s-smilie:
Original post by Dan1697
Hi everyone, I'm going to the Assessment Centre tomorrow at Newcastle. I'm feeling pretty prepared for it myself, got all documents and have looked back at my application and the competencies that they are looking for. Is there anything else that I should know about on the day?

Hi, could you tell me what compentencies they are looking for? I have my assessment on Friday aswell, but have not yet received anything from them regarding compentencies
Reply 271
Original post by anagoogi
Did you have your assessment centre in london i had mine of the 1st may as well but havent heard back yet, and is it confirmed that you have gotten a place within commercial? :s-smilie:

My assessment was in Manchester and they aren't confirming department / locations until the end of May so I'm not sure if it will be Commerical to be honest. It could be anything.
Original post by MH01

Ok awesome, cheers bud! :smile:
Just had my assessment day. The written exercise wasn't what I thought it would be like...Not feeling overly confident with how today went, but I'll see sooner or later. Had a decent group though thankfully, it was only me and 2 other guys.
Reply 274
Original post by carleyball91
Hi, could you tell me what compentencies they are looking for? I have my assessment on Friday aswell, but have not yet received anything from them regarding compentencies

That's strange, wasn't there a document attached to your assessment centre invitation email? It's called Fast Track Apprentices Candidate Information Pack. Anyway, they are looking for the following:

Collaborating and partnering

Delivering at pace

Making effective decisions

Managing a quality service

Building capability

It says to have something prepared about each of them, I'm guessing they will ask you stuff relating to your application and how you have demonstrated these competencies.
Reply 275
Original post by sam1w2e
Just had my assessment day. The written exercise wasn't what I thought it would be like...Not feeling overly confident with how today went, but I'll see sooner or later. Had a decent group though thankfully, it was only me and 2 other guys.

Was the written exercise the hardest out of the three? I've heard others saying that it difficult as well.
Original post by Dan1697
Was the written exercise the hardest out of the three? I've heard others saying that it difficult as well.

Yeah was definitely the hardest of the three. Took me forever to actually figure out what I was supposed to be doing.
Original post by sam1w2e
Yeah was definitely the hardest of the three. Took me forever to actually figure out what I was supposed to be doing.

Same here, it was definitely my worst one out of the three! Felt like there was nowhere near enough time for it all!
I am also a commercial applicant, had my AC two weeks ago tomorrow, can't imagine having to wait till June to find out. From my general digging there doesn't seem to be many first choice commercial applicants. Best of luck everyone.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Dazman0106
I am also a commercial applicant, had my AC two weeks ago tomorrow, can't imagine having to wait till June to find out. From my general digging there doesn't seem to be many first choice commercial applicants. Best of luck everyone.

That's what I've been thinking too! Mostly business or finance! Good luck to you too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending