The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Krollo
How bull**** are we talking? I once got credit in a mock by stating 'The Nazis were renowned for their marching songs' lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its basically analysing arguments so fairly. I get taught by someone who doesn't have a clue what the exam is actually on so I have no idea what is even in it. Worst bit is that we got forced to do coursework for it lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Remember when checking answers, don't just look at them and confirm your steps; you could be confirming the correctness of an arithmetical step that could be mathematically wrong for the question (i.e. you could have integrated where you need to differentiate and you checked that your differentiation was correct, not that fact that differentiation is the incorrect method) Redo the question from the start, baring in mind what the question is asking. You're all smart enough to not do that, but just a pointer :smile:
I guess I will be asking for an additional booklet for second round for ultimate check :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Protoxylic
Remember when checking answers, don't just look at them and confirm your steps; you could be confirming the correctness of an arithmetical step that could be mathematically wrong for the question (i.e. you could have integrated where you need to differentiate and you checked that your differentiation was correct, not that fact that differentiation is the incorrect method) Redo the question from the start, baring in mind what the question is asking. You're all smart enough to not do that, but just a pointer :smile:

And yeah, it is easy to make mathematical errors, and arithmetic ones too but I'll take it slowly I think
Everyone's hardcore C1 revision has brought down Exam solutions for the first time this year. :biggrin:
Original post by enaayrah

And yeah, it is easy to make mathematical errors, and arithmetic ones too but I'll take it slowly I think

I wish I could do that but I tend to panic and just do it as fast as possible. Although it does mean that I can redo an entire paper within the 90 mins, not sure what is the best approach.
Original post by a_quiet_person
Everyone's hardcore C1 revision has brought down Exam solutions for the first time this year. :biggrin:

I wish I could do that but I tend to panic and just do it as fast as possible. Although it does mean that I can redo an entire paper within the 90 mins, not sure what is the best approach.

Try to halve your time. So, 45 minutes slowly doing the questions, and then 45 minutes checking :smile:

I remember sitting in my GCSE Maths exam 3 years ago, for a whole hour with nothing to do, so I decided to write a story on the tracing paper :lol:
Original post by samb1234
Pre u short course global perspectives lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol I'd imagine it's bull**** writing subject then XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everyone ready for tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well as ready as i will ever be. This is the easiest exam so it should be okay :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
Lol I'd imagine it's bull**** writing subject then XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its a Cambridge course which is specifically on Cambridge's list of courses they don't accept. That answer your question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Try to halve your time. So, 45 minutes slowly doing the questions, and then 45 minutes checking :smile:

I remember sitting in my GCSE Maths exam 3 years ago, for a whole hour with nothing to do, so I decided to write a story on the tracing paper :lol:

:lol: I'm surprised you can still remember it. How did you keep up with maths if you took 3 years between GCSE and AS?
Much like when you play the game of thrones, when you play the game of Cambridge, you win or you die :lol:

Nicely said :biggrin: its a good thing there are many places for cambridge unlike the one iron throne otherwise we would all be in competition with each other (not that we aren't already :tongue:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by a_quiet_person
:lol: I'm surprised you can still remember it. How did you keep up with maths if you took 3 years between GCSE and AS?

I took a Stats GCSE and a further maths qualification, but mostly, I used to help around in class a lot so that kept me up to scratch :smile:
Original post by TheKhaleesi
Nicely said :biggrin: its a good thing there are many places for cambridge unlike the one iron throne otherwise we would all be in competition with each other (not that we aren't already :tongue:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

The iron offer sounds quite applicable :teehee:

I definitely don't want to be Ned Stark in this game! :colone:
Its a Cambridge course which is specifically on Cambridge's list of courses they don't accept. That answer your question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aha :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yay I got full mark no careless mistake, I can now sleep in happiness :redface:

After exams I should start watching game of thrones to get all those references lol :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Much like when you play the game of thrones, when you play the game of Cambridge, you win or you die :lol:

good one :lol::congrats:
Original post by C0balt
Yay I got full mark no careless mistake, I can now sleep in happiness :redface:

After exams I should start watching game of thrones to get all those references lol :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah after exams, i made the mistake of starting it in the easter holidays and finished 5 seasons within 2 weeks, its so addictive!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheKhaleesi
Yeah after exams, i made the mistake of starting it in the easter holidays and finished 5 seasons within 2 weeks, its so addictive!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the warning :lol: I'll at least start that in second week of June because by then most of my exams are over :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My "what if" is too strong that my plastic bag has at least two of everything :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Diashann
good one :lol::congrats:

Merci beaucoup :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending