The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BLevers
Do you think the PSYA2 Exam will appear as more difficult? I personally felt that the PSYA1 exam was incredibly easy - Maybe too easy perhaps!

my teacher said if there wasn't much research methods in the first paper then then second will most probably be packed with it such as correlations and stuff
PSYA2 question
when the question says:

outline and evaluate research into stress related illnesses how do you know whether to talk about cardiovascular and psychiatric disorders or other research such as the Glaser and Cohen?
Original post by MW-19--
Yeah it does!
Do you mean because the investigator isnt there, it wont influence the baby's response?

If the mark scheme is strict then maybe not because the ss was a controlled observation not an experiment
We don't need to know the cardovasicular section right? I mean the spec doesn't have it and I've never seen it on any past paper before
Original post by 09kmervana
Who devised the hassles and uplifts scale?

Delongis et al

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the multistore model I wrote about sensory memory,STM,LTM didn't refer to capacity etc :frown: is that okay???

For limitation of EWT I said many were done in labs so it lacks ecological validity...is that okay?

PLEASE REPLY

Posted from TSR Mobile
You won't get full 6. maybe 4, maximum as we needed to have talked about specific components within the stores
Original post by Midnight1811
You won't get full 6. maybe 4, maximum as we needed to have talked about specific components within the stores

Ugh that's so annoying, I talked about environmental stimuli, sensory memory, how to get info into STM through rehearsal, then I talked about maintance rehearsal with LTM..then how info can fail to be retrieve through decay etc..still no 6marks?? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
could someone mark my 12 marker on bowlby i replicated from my exam please? i didn't add any new information. Thanks.
The marking for psychology isn't like say science where you hit certain points it's how well you have written it overall including detail... just hope for an easy marker!
Original post by Prina_R
For the multistore model I wrote about sensory memory,STM,LTM didn't refer to capacity etc :frown: is that okay???

For limitation of EWT I said many were done in labs so it lacks ecological validity...is that okay?

PLEASE REPLY

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure about your MSM answer but I put the same as you for the limitation into EWT research, so hopefully we're right! 😬
Anyone else going to attempt to learn all unit 2 this weekend haha
Original post by SunDun111
Anyone else going to attempt to learn all unit 2 this weekend haha

Yes I am LOOOL!!
Starting Friday
Original post by Marli-Ruth
Yes I am LOOOL!!
Starting Friday

Same haha xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would anyone be able say how many you think i would get out of 6 for outlining research into conformity?
Thanks in advance"

Asch (1956) carried out a study to see how lone participants would react to the behavior of confederates. He used 123 American Volunteers, with only one of these real participants in each trial, as the rest were confederates. They were asked to pick a line that seemed the odd one out from 3 comparison lines, named A, B and C. During the 12 critical trials, where confederates purposely gave incorrect answers, he found that 37% of the real participants also gave incorrect answers and complied every time, and that 75% complied at least once. When questioned as to why they gave incorrect answers, common reasons included; distorted perception, action and judgement. Asch then conducted an extra trial without the use of confederates and found that only 1% gave incorrect answers, so concluded that the lines were not ambiguous so that cannot explain the high levels of conformity. Asch then conducted further trials, using different variations, for example when adding another real participant, he found that conformity levels dropped 5.5% and when making the lines less ambiguous, conformity increasing as the difficulty increased.
Original post by Shamzy25

if you want some advice learn the model essays dont do notes from class or books its a waste of time imo i found that essays is the best way any question that comes in the test just stems off the essay so one you know how to write the essay rather than piecing together info and another is it covers most questions in the test apart from maybe definitions
Original post by chloenew23
Would anyone be able say how many you think i would get out of 6 for outlining research into conformity?
Thanks in advance"

Asch (1956) carried out a study to see how lone participants would react to the behavior of confederates. He used 123 American Volunteers, with only one of these real participants in each trial, as the rest were confederates. They were asked to pick a line that seemed the odd one out from 3 comparison lines, named A, B and C. During the 12 critical trials, where confederates purposely gave incorrect answers, he found that 37% of the real participants also gave incorrect answers and complied every time, and that 75% complied at least once. When questioned as to why they gave incorrect answers, common reasons included; distorted perception, action and judgement. Asch then conducted an extra trial without the use of confederates and found that only 1% gave incorrect answers, so concluded that the lines were not ambiguous so that cannot explain the high levels of conformity. Asch then conducted further trials, using different variations, for example when adding another real participant, he found that conformity levels dropped 5.5% and when making the lines less ambiguous, conformity increasing as the difficulty increased.

i would say to gain extra marks or just to cover yourself maybe explain the 3 points briefly what Asch concluded but that should be 6 marks
Original post by S.H.A.Z.A.M
if you want some advice learn the model essays dont do notes from class or books its a waste of time imo i found that essays is the best way any question that comes in the test just stems off the essay so one you know how to write the essay rather than piecing together info and another is it covers most questions in the test apart from maybe definitions

Best advice! That's what I've been doing!
Can't find essays on how the body responds to stress?
Do we need to know this in detail?
Thread locked for clean-up
Hi guys,

Loopa have been in touch regarding copyright infringement in this thread. I remind you that sharing copyrighted materials on TSR is against our rules, and is against the law. Now that this has been stated openly, any future infringement of copyright will be dealt with strictly. Good luck with your exams!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending