The Student Room Group

Democracy and Dictatorship in Germany (OCR)

How did you guys find the exam? Also, how did you group the sources for part B; I was happy with my groupings until other people in my class told me theirs :confused:
Set A apart from B, C, D and E largely, could have been more unpicked but that was my general consensus for b.
I did the same, thought i was wrong because so many agreed with the interpretation! :h:
Original post by aworldalone
Set A apart from B, C, D and E largely, could have been more unpicked but that was my general consensus for b.

I was going to do that, but decided not to because I felt having all but one source in a group would be wrong, but thinking about it now, I think it would have been the best way to go.

In the end I grouped B and C together based on the fact that they showed the oppression of the churches, then D and E based on the fundamental conflict of ideologies. I then used A on its own to counter my arguments but then wrote about how it wasn't relevant as it was during a time when Hitler wanted to appear tolerant of the churches (with the concordat)
Original post by rachelthehuman
I was going to do that, but decided not to because I felt having all but one source in a group would be wrong, but thinking about it now, I think it would have been the best way to go.

In the end I grouped B and C together based on the fact that they showed the oppression of the churches, then D and E based on the fundamental conflict of ideologies. I then used A on its own to counter my arguments but then wrote about how it wasn't relevant as it was during a time when Hitler wanted to appear tolerant of the churches (with the concordat)

I did that within my arguments. Made those points exactly! Just in my intro I grouped them in the broader context (linking to the question). Does the oppression not fundamentally show the incompatibility between Nazism and Christianity? I made the distinctions between the sources but grouped them in the beginning. Also argued one of them could be ambiguous in a way, (can't remember which though!)
I did that within my arguments. Made those points exactly! Just in my intro I grouped them in the broader context (linking to the question). Does the oppression not fundamentally show the incompatibility between Nazism and Christianity? I made the distinctions between the sources but grouped them in the beginning. Also argued one of them could be ambiguous in a way, (can't remember which though!)

Ah okay, that does make a lot more sense than what I did. I grouped them in a specific thematic way in the intro, rather than broadly as agree and disagree. My whole argument was based around the fact that the oppression and opposing ideologies is why Christianity had no place in the Nazi state. I did think that maybe source B could imply some ambiguity as it mentioned how the crucifix was placed next to the picture of Hitler (as opposed to replacing it, showing some level of co-existance) but as I messed up at first and had to restart 15 minutes into the time, I left that point out.
Original post by ameliarose48
I did the same, thought i was wrong because so many agreed with the interpretation! :h:

That is exactly why I was so unsure on how to group them... The subject matter was perfect though, just before the exam I actually said that I hoped the question was on Nazi churches (and my mock was on the churches as well so it was extra perfect :biggrin:)
Reply 7

I'm so happy someone else grouped them this way! After hearing everyone else's groupings I was convinced I majorly misinterpreted the sources.:redface:
Well i did a past paper on churches last week, and we revised it in the lesson before the exam, there are going to be some very smug history teachers walking around college tomorrow! :^_^:
Original post by ameliarose48
Well i did a past paper on churches last week, and we revised it in the lesson before the exam, there are going to be some very smug history teachers walking around college tomorrow! :^_^:

A few of us went to see our teacher after the exam and she was so smug seeing as she set our mock paper on churches :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending