The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

University of Essex 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Can we apply for accom. if Essex is our insurance choice? Thanks in advance!
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by inthechaos
Can we apply for accom. if Essex is our insurance choice? Thanks in advance!

Hi,

No, you can only apply once the university has become your firm choice. However, they do guarantee new undergraduates university accommodation as long as you apply by 21 August, so even if you do miss your firm choice you should still have time to apply before the deadline.

You can find out more about the process and the accommodation offered here:
http://essex.ac.uk/accommodation/apply/default.aspx

Hope this helps. :smile:
Original post by FionaMG
Hi,

No, you can only apply once the university has become your firm choice. However, they do guarantee new undergraduates university accommodation as long as you apply by 21 August, so even if you do miss your firm choice you should still have time to apply before the deadline.

You can find out more about the process and the accommodation offered here:
http://essex.ac.uk/accommodation/apply/default.aspx

Reply 283
Hi, where can we see the accommodation reviews? I've got an unconditional offer and firmed Essex. But I can't see accommodation options yet.
Original post by Z4HL
Hi, where can we see the accommodation reviews? I've got an unconditional offer and firmed Essex. But I can't see accommodation options yet.

Hi,

Congratulations on your unconditional offer. :smile:

You can find all the information here:
http://essex.ac.uk/accommodation/residences/default.aspx

There are lots of pics and the menu on the left has a link to the page that tells you how to apply.

Have you set up your "MyEssex" account yet? Because you won't be able to apply for accommodation until you do. It's quick and easy and the instructions are on the apply page.

If you have already set it up, you need to bear in mind that It can take up to 48 hours to go live. Once it does, you should see a link in MyEssex that will let you apply for accommodation.

Reply 285
Original post by FionaMG
Hi,

Congratulations on your unconditional offer. :smile:

You can find all the information here:
http://essex.ac.uk/accommodation/residences/default.aspx

There are lots of pics and the menu on the left has a link to the page that tells you how to apply.

Have you set up your "MyEssex" account yet? Because you won't be able to apply for accommodation until you do. It's quick and easy and the instructions are on the apply page.

If you have already set it up, you need to bear in mind that It can take up to 48 hours to go live. Once it does, you should see a link in MyEssex that will let you apply for accommodation.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I'll have a look. :biggrin:

It has been 48 hours and I still didn't find it in MyEssex portal. Maybe a little glitch in the system.
Original post by Z4HL
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I'll have a look. :biggrin:

It has been 48 hours and I still didn't find it in MyEssex portal. Maybe a little glitch in the system.

Yeah you've got to wait a few days, happened with me.
Original post by angelfox
were you conditional or unconditional?

Original post by Chlomc
Yup.

I'll be in south towers, Betrand Russel Tower.

Thanks :smile: I emailed and got told I wouldn't hear back until results day in August. I'm assuming this is due to my offer being conditional. I'm hoping I get into South Towers as it's the only accommodation that will be covered by my maintenance loan haha.
Hi! Essex is my firm choice to study Philosophy. Applied for accommodation at South Courts and was told I won't hear back until August when my offer becomes unconditional. Looking to maybe get to know one or two people before going as I know freshers can be quite daunting for some. Hope everyone is looking forward to university!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hiya!
Anyone have any idea what the moving in dates are? x
Original post by Marilyn Denice
Hiya!

Have a look on the website. It varies for different campus's and courses

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Marilyn Denice
Hiya!

Hi,

Gabby is right, different dates for different campuses and courses. All the details are here: http://essex.ac.uk/students/new/

There's some other useful information on there too but bookmark the page and keep checking back from time to time because from the beginning of next month they should start adding information about welcome events. :smile:
Thanx 27 th sep x
Original post by Gabbyzb95
Hi! Essex is my firm choice to study Philosophy. Applied for accommodation at South Courts and was told I won't hear back until August when my offer becomes unconditional. Looking to maybe get to know one or two people before going as I know freshers can be quite daunting for some. Hope everyone is looking forward to university!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for South Courts as well.
Original post by angelfox
I applied for South Courts as well.

Good to meet you. What are you applied for to study if you don't mind me asking

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gabbyzb95
Good to meet you. What are you applied for to study if you don't mind me asking

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for law
Anyone applying for the quays ?
Anyone applied for south towers?