The Student Room Group

How much revision do you do?

How many hours a day? How frequent/how many breaks? Every day? And do you follow a revision timetable?

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

At the moment about 8 hours a day as im in exam season. I would say 8 of actual work and 6 for breaks/eating. I'm cramming as i diddnt do much work in the year.

Still getting 8 hours sleep.

My time table:
Wake up 6 get ready eat breakfast etc.
7-9 biology
9-10 break
10-12 biology past papers
12-1 break
1-3 maths past papers
3-4-break
4-6 more maths papers
6-7 break 7-10 chemistry past papers
10- sleep time

I stick to it somedays but somedays i take long breaks.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by whydoidothis?
At the moment about 8 hours a day as im in exam season. I would say 8 of actual work and 6 for breaks/eating. I'm cramming as i diddnt do much work in the year.

My time table:
7-9 biology
9-10 break
12-1 break
1-3 maths past papers
3-4-break
4-6 more maths papers
10- sleep time

Wow you do a lot and have it all planned out! I find it hard to stick to revision timetables, I just revise whenever... You in A2?
Tbh I started what many call 'hard core revision' sort of late so yeah I did 12.5 hours of pscyhology yesterday...
Reply 5
I never do revision, hardly ever really. That's a really bad thing as I procrastinate heavily, but I think it's weighed out by the fact I focus a lot in class which I judge to be far more important.
Reply 6
I started doing about 7 hours a day from 11am to 6pm in March, with a timetable for all subjects, but now I'm doing about 8 hours a day from 10am to 7pm, with a couple of small breaks in between, for whatever exam I am prioritizing at that time. I find it easier to revise for longer with less breaks, as I just get distracted and my revision doesn't flow as well as it would otherwise. At the moment I'm not using my revision timetable anymore, and I'm just doing what I know I need to revise, for example I'm going to spend Saturday doing Unit 2 Psychology, and Sunday doing Cold War.
Definitely not enough :cry2:
enough to pass well i hope?
Reply 9
Original post by Mr.Samba
I never do revision, hardly ever really. That's a really bad thing as I procrastinate heavily

Same

My time table:
7-9 biology
9-10 break
12-1 break
1-3 maths past papers
3-4-break
4-6 more maths papers
10- sleep time

Strong username to post content ratio
Original post by plasmaman
Strong username to post content ratio

Dont get it?
Original post by katemate98
Wow you do a lot and have it all planned out! I find it hard to stick to revision timetables, I just revise whenever... You in A2?

In AS, just used to procratinate loads but when u have a timetable its all goes somuch better.
Dont get it?

I guessed that your username was related to the amount of revision you've been doing?
Quick way to feel ****ty is to see how much revision other people are doing :smile:
Original post by plasmaman
I guessed that your username was related to the amount of revision you've been doing?

Oh, diddnt get it at first.
All this cramming has slowed my brain down..
Oh, diddnt get it at first.
All this cramming has slowed my brain down..

are you at A2?
it can range from 8 hours a day to none at all. For example, today I did 30 minutes and then got distracted...
I'm a mess :frown:

I procrastinate/sleep/am busy all day and at nights I do 8-15 exam papers for maths and chemistry. Last weekend I went crazy one day and did 51 and some extra exercises. Since then I cba, I barely read my notes for 2 hours this week. But another weekend is coming so I hope the crazy dorky me will rise again.

I really need to get my **** together.
I peaked way too early imo so I typically aim for ninety minutes-two hours per night on weekdays, nothing at the moment for weekends.

That's not including the hours of revision I have to do in lesson time, however.

Quick Reply

Latest