The Student Room Group

Question for black girls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Are you only interested in a relationship where the guy has money and bling and materialistic possessions? Do other things come into consideration or is it only money and popularity that matter?

The reason why I want to ask only black girls is because I am strongly attracted to a lot of black chicks but I find that when I look at their attitude towards life or their instagram page it's always full of the "money over everything" hip hop/ghetto/ "make it rain" hood stripper motto on life. I used to think like this too but have since moved on mentally, money isn't everything to me.

Overwhelmingly black girls seem to be like this "only thing that matters is money baby". I can never find a black girl with other interests outside of money and buying materialistic things and showing off for popularity, but with white chicks you've got the materialistic ones but you can also find ones that have other interests too, but I can't find no black girls that stand out from the hip hop sorta girls.

if it bothers you that much go find yourself a white girl it's clear no black girl is ever going to be good to you no matter what they do as they will always be "ghetto" smh
Yes in real life every single black girl I meet is into money, cars, jewellery, hip hop, world star hip hop, strippers shaking their ass for cash, etc you get the picture. That's what I mean when I meet a black girl I look them up after on their social media and that's what they are like. Every single black girl I meet likes Drake and Rick Ross or Meek Mills for example, only white girls I know like more interesting/more intelligent music.

The point of my comparison was not to show attention seeking but to show the difference in the things they are into, their INTERESTS

I don't know a single black person (or person of any race, mind you) who fits into that above criteria. There's got to be something wrong with your social circles, so can't really help you there.

I could post youtube pages of black girls into alternative cultures too, but what's the point? I think your perceptions are already set in stone.
I think you are mistaking bling for success.
Being black and having many black friends, I think black girls just don't want unemployed a budding 47 year-old living with their parents.

Come to think of it, I don't think any girl wants that, girls just want ambition, the potential for success (or 'bling').

You'll find that black girls are just like other girls, and we are not another species. :smile:
Op you sound awfully ignorant. Instagram is by no means a representation of what black girls are like in general same for every other race. Why are you so surprised seeing materialistic women on insta? It's the platform for narcissists. I suggest you go outside to meet some real people there are decent black women out there.
I'm mixed race and I am primarily attracted to dark skin black girls. However, I am finding most of them have the same attitude towards the world and to life as most hood people do. I want to know where I can find black girls that have other interests other than materialism.

Ah. Mixed race. So white mum or dad? If you have a white mum, you prob weren't raised to embrace or value black women b/c your mum never instilled it in you, as she isn't black and wouldn't see the point, typically. :console:
Every single black girl I meet likes Drake and Rick Ross or Meek Mills for example, only white girls I know like more interesting/more intelligent music.

I like Drake, The Weeknd, Nicki Minaj, etc. I also like alternative and indie music. Does this make me less intelligent? And what the **** does music have to do with intelligence? You gonna discuss the pitch or amplitude of the music over dinner?
Original post by Feline_Nymphet
Ah. Mixed race. So white mum or dad? If you have a white mum, you prob weren't raised to embrace or value black women b/c your mum never instilled it in you, as she isn't black and wouldn't see the point, typically. :console:

Well I find black women more attractive than white women physically, so all these people saying 'go find a white girl' I find black girls more better looking, just the attitude to life and the interests of the white girls seems more broad minded and more interesting.

Just want to find that black girl with a coke bottle shape and a more intelligent mind other than the 'get dat money' type.
lol at this post
Original post by Another
I don't know a single black person (or person of any race, mind you) who fits into that above criteria. There's got to be something wrong with your social circles, so can't really help you there.

I could post youtube pages of black girls into alternative cultures too, but what's the point? I think your perceptions are already set in stone.

You have got to be joking. You don't know a single black person that likes Drake and Meek Mills? Just look on any article in the media about these people and look at the comments! It's full of black people, mostly girls drooling over every single thing they do. I'm sure there are black girls into other cultures, just I never see or meet any. When did you last see a black girl in her 20s playing the guitar or wearing vintage clothes instead of huaraches?
Yes in real life every single black girl I meet is into money, cars, jewellery, hip hop, world star hip hop, strippers shaking their ass for cash, etc you get the picture. That's what I mean when I meet a black girl I look them up after on their social media and that's what they are like. Every single black girl I meet likes Drake and Rick Ross or Meek Mills for example, only white girls I know like more interesting/more intelligent music.

The point of my comparison was not to show attention seeking but to show the difference in the things they are into, their INTERESTS

Im a black girl and im interested in video games, cartoons, folk and indie music, knitting and playing on my guitar and ukulele.

I think you're basing your opinion on stereotypes.
The media doesn't represent black people. I for one, don't listen to hip hop music. Maybe because I was brought up in Germany haha. But I listen to pop punk music like All time low or Blink 182. Just because you don't see any doesn't mean they don't exist..

You have got to be joking. You don't know a single black person that likes Drake and Meek Mills? Just look on any article in the media about these people and look at the comments! It's full of black people, mostly girls drooling over every single thing they do. I'm sure there are black girls into other cultures, just I never see or meet any. When did you last see a black girl in her 20s playing the guitar or wearing vintage clothes instead of huaraches?
Original post by adesola15
I think you are mistaking bling for success.
Being black and having many black friends, I think black girls just don't want unemployed a budding 47 year-old living with their parents.

Come to think of it, I don't think any girl wants that, girls just want ambition, the potential for success (or 'bling':wink:.

You'll find that black girls are just like other girls, and we are not another species. :smile:

I think there's a bit of a difference in wanting to achieve success and not being a bum or whatever and being absolutely OBSESSED with wealth and materialism and talking and posting about it constantly like male rappers do. Who wants a girl like that? I'll take one that is happy with what she has and goes with the flow, not someone rigidly stuck with a mindset of 'gettin dat paper in' every minute of every day and on top of that blasting music that talks about nothing but that too!! lol
Yass, me too! I agree so much.

Original post by undine_monty
Im a black girl and im interested in video games, cartoons, folk and indie music, knitting and playing on my guitar and ukulele.

Original post by Black Cat
Op you sound awfully ignorant. Instagram is by no means a representation of what black girls are like in general same for every other race. Why are you so surprised seeing materialistic women on insta? It's the platform for narcissists. I suggest you go outside to meet some real people there are decent black women out there.

Of course it's a representation of what people are like! LOL. So do you think people post about stuff that DOESN'T interest them? I agree social media is very superficial but I disagree that you can't get a good idea of someones character based off what they post and talk about.
the attitude to life and the interests of the white girls seems more broad minded and more interesting.

There have been so many replies to you from people telling you that not all black girls are materialistic, but yet you continue stereotyping.

What do you want? For black girls to get in a line and prove to you that they aren't money grabbers?

Can't see any girl, of any race, going for a guy who thinks it is appropriate to post things like this, for black girls to read.
Original post by asha.o
I like Drake, The Weeknd, Nicki Minaj, etc. I also like alternative and indie music. Does this make me less intelligent? And what the **** does music have to do with intelligence? You gonna discuss the pitch or amplitude of the music over dinner?

I would say someone who listens to Nicki Minaj isn't very mature, and more intelligence comes with more maturity. A girl who prefers to listen to Nas or Black Sabbath instead of Drake and Iggy Azelia is obviously a bit more intellectually interesting. Most people who listen to Minaj probably don't read books either and use slang and text talk when having a conversation.
Original post by undine_monty

I swear in my real life out of all the black girls I know every single black girl I have on Facebook (there are hundreds) none of them are interested in any of that stuff they consider it 'acting white'.
Original post by adesola15
OK...
But I don't see why you are acting like every black girl is like that, and no white girls are like that either...

I really don't know what you are trying to achieve with this thread.

Because every black girl I meet and I know, even the ones connected to my family are like that. I am not saying no white girls are like that at all, I've known many white girls who are like Iggy Azelia and Kreayshawn with their interests, there just seems to be more of a variety and range of white girls to pick from. Example, you have goth white girls, alternative white girls, punk white girls, nerdy white girls, white girls who are animal lovers, white girls who are librarians, white girls who like drag racing etc etc,

with black girls now these days seems every one likes the same fashion, same music, same jewellery, same weave, same food, loves thugs, wants that stripper money, and so on
You have got to be joking. You don't know a single black person that likes Drake and Meek Mills?

The only friend I have who likes Drake is Indian. The rest of us can't stand him. (No idea who Meek Mills is)

Just look on any article in the media about these people and look at the comments! It's full of black people, mostly girls drooling over every single thing they do.

Oh yes, of course. Comments on the bottom of random newspaper online articles are certainly representative of the population.

I'm sure there are black girls into other cultures, just I never see or meet any. When did you last see a black girl in her 20s playing the guitar or wearing vintage clothes instead of huaraches?

When was the last time you saw anyone doing either of those things?

FYI, for the guitar it's three days ago, alternative fashion was last week.
Because every black girl I meet and I know, even the ones connected to my family are like that. I am not saying no white girls are like that at all, I've known many white girls who are like Iggy Azelia and Kreayshawn with their interests, there just seems to be more of a variety and range of white girls to pick from. Example, you have goth white girls, alternative white girls, punk white girls, nerdy white girls, white girls who are animal lovers, white girls who are librarians, white girls who like drag racing etc etc,

with black girls now these days seems every one likes the same fashion, same music, same jewellery, same weave, same food, loves thugs, wants that stripper money, and so on

I hope for your own sake, that you are a troll. Goodbye.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending