The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cat_Holmes
When writing a 12 marker about abnormality approaches what are you supposed to include? For example if I was talking about the cognitive approach do I talk about CBT or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Personally if approaches come up I am going to put something like (imagining they ask for cognitive approach) 'Also an effective treatment has come of the basis of this approach, for example CBT which was found to be no less effective than biological treatments like drugs etc'
12 Mark answer about Independent Behaviour???
Original post by Marli-Ruth
Thank god the 12 marker wont be personality types :biggrin:

Yeah, I'm really glad about that too :biggrin:

Hoping independent behaviour might appear...
Original post by hannah4262
Do we need to know this?:s-smilie: I'm learning everything in minimal detail which I know isn't great but I've never been taught about ECT in detail?
Also, this has probably already been asked but do we need 6 evaluation points for AO2 or is 4 elaborated points enough for 6 marks?

Just learn these points for AO1 and evaluate 4 points with two strengths and two weaknesses for AO2. Don't write about 6 in the exam as you will run out of time and it is best to have the 4 and PEEL.
Original post by nicole_wilson
How would you go about answering a 12 marker for Independent Behaviour?????

er 3 ao1s and ao2s on resisting conformity and the same for disobeying :smile:
Original post by mogwai98
Yeah, I'm really glad about that too :biggrin:

Hoping independent behaviour might appear...

im hoping that too!!
:biggrin:
has anyone learnt milgram's justifications? we were taught it but I'm not sure where'd i use it or if we need it at all.. and also where do i/ do i need to learn the zimbardo prison study?? :confused:

Eg. what Milgram did: caused pain and anguish
Justification: he couldn't have predicted to what extreme lengths they'd go to

another example: tarnished the name of psychology
justification: prompted stricter ethical guidelines and he made a huge contribution so was worth breaking ethical guidelines. won an award.

i already have ethical and methodological issues for ao2 of the study.
(edited 8 years ago)
im hoping that too!!

Fingers crossed then :smile:
Do we need to know Milgram and Aches variations or just the original experiment?
im hoping that too!!

what is the study for independent behaviour?
I don't understand independent behaviour questions, what does it mean what do we out I know locus of control but what else
im hoping that too!!

what would you talk about for independent behaviour A01 and A02 if it came up?

and you could outline REBT pleaseeee
Original post by tobeobi
Do we need to know Milgram and Aches variations or just the original experiment?

We don't need to know variations but it can be used as evaluations for independent behavior
Original post by Fleming1928
what is the study for independent behaviour?

ive got one study on Greskevicius et al and he did a study on dress sense (saying women more likely to conform to dress to please men and men more independent as dress to stand out.

Kohlberg et al found those with moral principles were more likely to resist and show independent behaviour.

sorry its a bit vauge
don't have my notes
Original post by Whilerisleeps
has anyone learnt milgram's justifications? we were taught it but I'm not sure where'd i use it or if we need it at all.. and also where do i/ do i need to learn the zimbardo prison study?? :confused:

Eg. what Milgram did: caused pain and anguish
Justification: he couldn't have predicted to what extreme lengths they'd go to

another example: tarnished the name of psychology
justification: prompted stricter ethical guidelines and he made a huge contribution so was worth breaking ethical guidelines. won an award.

i already have ethical and methodological issues for ao2 of the study.

....anyone?:confused:
Original post by Whilerisleeps
....anyone?:confused:

The justifications can be used as good evaluation points so I'd learn a few, but I wouldn't go out of my way to learn more than 3. Zimbardo's study can be used for Obedience, but you don't really HAVE to learn it (I'm not; if needs be I'll just mention it briefly when evaluating Milgram). Milgram's main study (and any variations if you can remember them) is the main one you need.
do we need to know about freud for the psychodyamic approach and if so what on earth do we need to know? I do not recall learning about this at all, however the id, ego and superego seems to ring a bell... has anyone got any idea?

many thanks :smile:
Can somebody tell me some evaluation/AO2 points for psychoanalysis please?
ive got one study on Greskevicius et al and he did a study on dress sense (saying women more likely to conform to dress to please men and men more independent as dress to stand out.

Kohlberg et al found those with moral principles were more likely to resist and show independent behaviour.

sorry its a bit vauge
don't have my notes

We didn't learn any of this :/ We only learnt reasons why people resist conformity/obedience
Original post by Fenicoteri
Can somebody tell me some evaluation/AO2 points for psychoanalysis please?

-Time consuming so patients may not follow through with it all
+It actually tackles the root of the problem. Can be compared with SD
-Dream analysis: people's recall of dreams is not likely to be accurate
-Repressed, painful memories may be uncovered. Can cause further harm
-The therapy doesn't work for all disorders

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending