The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Troytheboy
Can someone explain the freudian approach - I still don't understand it.

How does fixation occur?
What relationship do the psychosexual stages have to the ID ego and superego

Fixation occurs through traumatic experiences at the stage
Original post by Mysterious M
reinforcement but thats unit 1 not unit 2 (which is tomorrow)

You still need it for the behavioural approach to abnormality :biggrin:
Is anyone else retaking unit 2 and is therefore also doing units 3 and 4?
Original post by j05h.wr1ght
Is anyone actually ready for Unit 2? I know im not

Pfff me, not really. I only started cramming today. I've had 2 days and a half off with no exams and I started properly revising today. Im unbelievable :frown:
Original post by lucy112233

You're on a roll lol
Original post by scrawlx101
Psychodynamic Approach

- There's internal conflict between the Id,Ego and Superego
- If we have too much or too little of the psychosexual stages fixation occurs e.g. if your mother doesnt breastfeed you enough in the future Freud thought that you would have become Fixated and start sucking stuff(something like that I think)

Thats all i really know...

Okay thanks. Do the psychosexuxal stages determine your ID, ego and superego?
Original post by undine_monty
Pfff me, not really. I only started cramming today. I've had 2 days and a half off with no exams and I started properly revising today. Im unbelievable :frown:

I'm so glad you said that because I've been putting off revision so much and feel so unprepared 😷

Posted from TSR Mobile
outline the cognitive approach to psychopathology help please!!
Original post by lucy112233

We do?! Goddamit.. I know nothing-.-
tbh all we need to know ALL of the abnormality definitions/approaches in detail no questions about it and the Therapies too,its a whole section...
Original post by Mysterious M
We do?! Goddamit.. I know nothing-.-

Haha:biggrin: good luck with the exam tomorrow!!:clap2:
Original post by thatblackguy
Can anyone summarise REBT and its evaluations for me please would be greatly appreciated

shorter period compared to psychoanalysis
very effective in treating depression (longer lasting recovery than antidepressants)
reduces ethical issues - client is involved a lot etc :smile:

I'm not sure if they're all right though
Original post by Katieee98
I'm so glad you said that because I've been putting off revision so much and feel so unprepared 😷

Posted from TSR Mobile

Luckily we also have the tommorow morning to revise as well as tonight. Im just gonna learn everything as fully as I can tonight then in the morning, test my recall
Original post by Micxael
shorter period compared to psychoanalysis
very effective in treating depression (longer lasting recovery than antidepressants)
reduces ethical issues - client is involved a lot etc :smile:

I'm not sure if they're all right though

Oh thank you:smile:, do you know anything about the procedure for A01?
Original post by studentwiz
outline the cognitive approach to psychopathology help please!!

The cognitive approach assumes that our irrational thoughts are the reason for abnormality. It was later looked upon by Ellis who developed the ABC model. The A is the activating process. The B is the belief that is either rational or irrational and the C is the consequence which is rational or irrational. For example the A could be a dog. The B could be to be rational and think it's cute or be irrational and think it will kill you. The C is to actually run away which is irrational or to go over and strike the dog. Beck de keeps the cognitive triad which he suggested is what people who are depressed think. The first part is negative thoughts about yourself e.g. You hate yourself, negative thoughts about everyone e.g. Everyone hates me and negative thoughts about the world e.g. The world hates me. The cognitive approach assumes that this is all a way of thinking and that it is possible to simply cure abnormality by not thinking in a certain way and being rational... Correct me if I'm wrong just learned it today
How would you link Minkea's research into Social Learning Theory back to Behavioural approach to abnormality

the study was about baby monkeys who saw older monkeys fear in the presence of snakes and learnt this etc

Like i cant exactly say 'this shows the approach is valid in everyday life' becaue we aren't baby monkeys
Original post by MW-19--
How would you link Minkea's research into Social Learning Theory back to Behavioural approach to abnormality

the study was about baby monkeys who saw older monkeys fear in the presence of snakes and learnt this etc

Like i cant exactly say 'this shows the approach is valid in everyday life' becaue we aren't baby monkeys

It shows how social phobias are learnt through social learning theory
Guys could Asch's study be used to talk about minority influence? and would Moscovici et al be considered a variation of Asch's study?
What are the predictions for the 12 mark questions???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by j05h.wr1ght
Is anyone actually ready for Unit 2? I know im not

Your not alone :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending