The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sam_xox
I laughed at this😂

Anyway, if all else fails let's all just shock ourselves with 450v and hope for the best!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you ;]

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey guys, if you dont write your 12 mark question in paragraphs do you lose any marks?
Original post by Relish
hey guys, if you dont write your 12 mark question in paragraphs do you lose any marks?

Yes, about 4 marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by m1503_
Can someone please summarise which treatment goes with which approach to abnormality thanks

Biological approach: treatment is ECT and drugs i.e. anti-psychotic drugs, anti-depressants.

Cognitive approach: cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and rational emotive behavioural therapy if you need a second.

Behavioural approach: systematic densensitisation, and aversion therapy

Psychodynamic approach: psychoanalysis i.e. dream analysis, free word association and projective ink blot testing.

Hope this helps, good luck, you'll be fab xx
Original post by k.bryan4
How would you answer "outline and evaluate research relating to independent behaviour"?

Would you just talk about resisting pressures to conform like:
-high internal LOC
-unanimity etc

and resisting pressures to obey:
-no authority
-no legitimate authority
-seeing the pain we cause

then back each one up using the variations from Milgram and Asch's study??

Yes thats right!! :smile:
For the cognitive approach can you talk about the ABC model or do you need to talk about Beck too?
Original post by Relish

I wonder this too, although I'm pretty sure it says 'write in continuous prose'
Original post by Shamzy25
Yes, about 4 marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

U serious??????!!!?
Original post by dottielottie
For the cognitive approach can you talk about the ABC model or do you need to talk about Beck too?

Yes, however if its a 12 mark question i advise you to write about both
Original post by Shamzy25
Yes, about 4 marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

*******s
Original post by anniemp
Biological approach: treatment is ECT and drugs i.e. anti-psychotic drugs, anti-depressants.

Cognitive approach: cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and rational emotive behavioural therapy if you need a second.

Behavioural approach: systematic densensitisation, and aversion therapy

Psychodynamic approach: psychoanalysis i.e. dream analysis, free word association and projective ink blot testing.

Hope this helps, good luck, you'll be fab xx

I know kmow rational emotive behavioural therapy for cognitive therapist do I need to know the other?
Original post by Relish
Yes, however if its a 12 mark question i advise you to write about both
can they ask a question just about CBT? because i have only learnt REBT!
Original post by Relish
U serious??????!!!?

Yes I'm being serious. You have to use paragraphs. Especially in 12 markers. Honestly it's not even that hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SunDun111
I know kmow rational emotive behavioural therapy for cognitive therapist do I need to know the other?

I think one is probably enough, as long as you can elaborate fully. I think in the essay's they wouldn't specify for a specific treatment with an approach, they would just say psychological treatments, in which case you could do REBT and psychoanalysis or a behavioural one.
Original post by anniemp
I think one is probably enough, as long as you can elaborate fully. I think in the essay's they wouldn't specify for a specific treatment with an approach, they would just say psychological treatments, in which case you could do REBT and psychoanalysis or a behavioural one.

Is systematic desensitization psychological?

Yes it comes under cognitive therapy

Yeah it comes under the behavioural approach :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Amyjonesx
can they ask a question just about CBT? because i have only learnt REBT!

REBT is a type of CBT

Posted from TSR Mobile
Desperate: What are some AO2 points for the behavioural approach?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending