The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

For the psychological methods of stress management I put Ellis' rational emotive therapy, is this right?
Original post by rebeccawhitmore
For the psychological methods of stress management I put Ellis' rational emotive therapy, is this right?

I put SIT, I think REBT is more cognitive
I wrote zach most likely to resist because there was the presence of social support - being Tom

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope your fine as CBT is a form of SIT :smile:
For daily hassles, I wrote about Lazarus accumulation and amplification effect (saw it in previous mark scheme?), Bouteyre et al. Relationship of daily hassles and mental health of students transitioning from school to uni and Gervais self reported study with the nurses .-. I think this is enough for 4 marks right?

Also for the second question I put standard deviation 😨 and no one here put it whatsoever omg lol I put something bout, disperse results or something forgot what I wrote exactly, is that right? What do you guys think 😭😭😭
Original post by KSIOlajideBT
I accidentally wrote "home-work interphase" and not "home-work interface" for the workplace stress question. Do you think i will get the mark?

Posted from TSR Mobile

bump
Original post by M.Edres
I wrote zach most likely to resist because there was the presence of social support - being Tom

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put Kieran because he was the one with internal locus of control .-.
Reply 3127
What was the answer to the first question about tick boxes
Original post by wbenmore
I put SIT, I think REBT is more cognitive

Oh oh I put biofeed back is that right?
For the social change question I wrote about Smith and Mackie's social change theory. Did anyone else do this? Bit nervous as I've yet to see another person with this answer.
Me tooo :smile:
Original post by Ra141
What was the answer to the first question about tick boxes

C, more stress, less health.
Original post by georgina_r0se
Did you have to describe drugs for A01 in the 12 markers or could you just do ECT?

It said one OR more... So you can literally talk about one in detail (i.e drugs in a lot of detail) or two (Ect and drugs) but with less detail than if you only wrote one...
Original post by YouAgain
I put Kieran because he was the one with internal locus of control .-.

Kieren is correct.

Yet both are still correct. I've looked at the markscheme and let's face it - AQA recycle the hell out of their papers!

Yes you will get marks as long as you fully explain WHY (in relation to question)

go ahead open AQA mark schemes up for Psych, they all clearly state 'credit relevant material' and for questions like these 'credit if statements are supported' that is why it mostly says "e.g" and not "It MUST be" because Pyschology is very broad and is open to interpretation.

This goes with all questions, as long as you explicitly refer to the stem and answer the question given... you go!
Original post by Troytheboy
Oh oh I put biofeed back is that right?

I think that's a biological therapy
i put Kieran too because he showed independent behaviour? is that the right thing? also was Q1 C?
Reply 3136
What was the answer to the first question about the graphs, were you had to a tick a box
Yeah that's fine! Don't worry you'll do fine :smile:
I think it was C
Original post by TrojanH
Kieren is correct.

Yet both are still correct. I've looked at the markscheme and let's face it - AQA recycle the hell out of their papers!

Yes you will get marks as long as you fully explain WHY (in relation to question)

go ahead open AQA mark schemes up for Psych, they all clearly state 'credit relevant material' and for questions like these 'credit if statements are supported' that is why it mostly says "e.g" and not "It MUST be" because Pyschology is very broad and is open to interpretation.

This goes with all questions, as long as you explicitly refer to the stem and answer the question given... you go!

Yeah they deffo recycle it. I noticed the questions on the middle section ( can't specifically point out which exact questions where they) but they were literally the exact same questions as the past papers in 2012 I think it was ? And a few were just worded differently... Like the normative and informational influence definition came up a few years ago as well... I noticed it straight away because I literally just done all the past papers this morning before the test lol so it was fresh in my mind

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending