Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham offer holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by southernbelle123
Hi.

Well on this thread everyone is going to be wondering why you would even consider Coventry, when you have the option of Durham!!

True, I guess I was hoping someone applying to Durham for languages would be able to tell me in which aspects they consider it better.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by monspie9
True, I guess I was hoping someone applying to Durham for languages would be able to tell me in which aspects they consider it better.

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=French

Durham 1st Warwick 4th
Hi,
Is someone on this thread who talked to one of the anthropology professors? What did you think about them?
Just got an offer from Durham for MSc. New and Renewable Energy! SuperexCited:colondollar:
Any Mature students applying for Finance, Economics or business courses in Durham? I have an unconditional offer for Sept 2015. Would be nice to connect :smile:
Just got my unconditional offer for Durham today (Law).

College info to follow. Hope it's Hatfield or St Chad's.
Just got a conditional offer for law today! I want to firm Durham and put Notts as my insurance, but I'm a little worried. Does anyone know if Durham will still give you an unconditional offer if your grades fall short by just a tiny bit? Thanks!
Durham Law, allocated to St.Cuthbert's...I very much doubt they will be lenient on results day.. perhaps mitigating circumstances?!
Original post by annamatcha
Just got a conditional offer for law today! I want to firm Durham and put Notts as my insurance, but I'm a little worried. Does anyone know if Durham will still give you an unconditional offer if your grades fall short by just a tiny bit? Thanks!

I'm also interested in finding more about Durham's grade leniency for Law. I doubt every student achieves A*AA though..?
Original post by 105263
I'm also interested in finding more about Durham's grade leniency for Law. I doubt every student achieves A*AA though..?

Average UCAS tariff for Law students at Durham is 521 according to CUG. So every student might have gotten A*AA... I would imagine they would be strict on the A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by 105263

That's what I thought as well... But I'm not sure. :frown:
Original post by annamatcha
That's what I thought as well... But I'm not sure. :frown:

According to the latest (1 week old!) Complete University Guide, for Law Durham are currently rated third only behind Oxford and Cambridge. The average A Level grades achieved by Durham entrants was higher than for Oxford and only slightly below Cambridge.

And so, although I don't think it's the answer you want to hear, no I don't think they will be lenient.

Certainly, in my subject English, we were told at Open Day that there was no leeway at all last year.

This IS Durham we are talking about, not the University of Bedfordshire!
Original post by Aussie Dude ._.
Average UCAS tariff for Law students at Durham is 521 according to CUG. So every student might have gotten A*AA... I would imagine they would be strict on the A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well than I guess it's on!
My offer for Classics at Durham is just so much lower than it is for St Andrews... So I chose Durham as insurance:biggrin:
Original post by Ella1996
My offer for Classics at Durham is just so much lower than it is for St Andrews... So I chose Durham as insurance:biggrin:

But that does have the major disadvantage of not going to Durham if you do well!
We've set up a Facebook group for any new maths students if you want to chat with current mathematicians about module choices or anything maths related! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1625756414306738/?__mref=message_bubble
Reply 956
Newcastle or Durham
Original post by Lewart
Newcastle or Durham

For what subject? Durham is better than Newcastle in almost every respect!
Reply 958
Original post by Donniee
For what subject? Durham is better than Newcastle in almost every respect!

Got an offer for economics from both of them roughly same grade requirements, but I was wondering which will provide the best overall student experience such as best education as well as best student life
Original post by Lewart
Got an offer for economics from both of them roughly same grade requirements, but I was wondering which will provide the best overall student experience such as best education as well as best student life

I'm an economics student, I'm loving it, and everyone I know studying economics loves it here. Perfect balance of academics (Durham is 7th, Newcastle is 28th on league tables!) and free time.

Quick Reply

Latest