The Student Room Group

2015 GCSE 21st Century Physics P1 P2 P3

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kxylah
Hey guys!!
So next exam on wednesday is physics...
any 6 marker predictions? Considering the amount of maths there was in biology and chemistry, i won't be surprised if 50% of the physics paper is maths....

you were correct, most of the paper was maths
Original post by Zaydy3
it does exist but I did higher. I was just wondering cos I really don't remember a solar panel question so I think I must have missed it. how many other questions were on the same page as this question? and if so how many marks were they

Just the one question and I believe it was 3 marks.
What did you get for the 'peak' question regarding the Tsunami?
Original post by TheChosenOne1
you're probably right. maybe i'll get a mark for it:frown:from all the sciences which one did you find most difficult?i thought it was biology.Also what was the depth of the ocean?? I had no idea with that question

I put 3000 for the depth, I thought biology was the easiest and physics the hardest
Did anyone talk about Microwave radiation for the phone question and how it had a heating effect on tissues and the brain?
Also what did you guys put for the power station questions?
Original post by zigocarn
Just the one question and I believe it was 3 marks.
What did you get for the 'peak' question regarding the Tsunami?

No I meant were there any on the opposite side of the double page spread?:frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:

And I got that the amplitude of the waves in the sea were low so the sailors didn't see the tsunami but the amplitude was high when it struck land
Original post by Zaydy3
No I meant were there any on the opposite side of the double page spread?:frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:

And I got that the amplitude of the waves in the sea were low so the sailors didn't see the tsunami but the amplitude was high when it struck land

I got that too!
Original post by Zaydy3

Oh right yh I think there were.
Original post by Desert_fox15
Oh man that was retarded, the moment they asked me to draw a solar system was the moment I knew it would me messed up. At least my maths was on point, hoping to get 44 or so

That solar system question had me closing the paper and reopening it. :coma:
Original post by swagmister
I put 3000 for the depth, I thought biology was the easiest and physics the hardest

same!!!
I said the reason was because the depth had to be between the depth of the two wavelengths that 180m/s was between.
I kinda just rambled for that question :smile:
Reply 209
Original post by TheChosenOne1
you were correct, most of the paper was maths

haha more like 70% of the paper was maths, 20% was art and 10% was bull**** :angry:
Original post by swagmister

i thought that Biology was the hardest then physics then chemistry. :smile:
Original post by kxylah
haha more like 70% of the paper was maths, 20% was art and 10% was bull**** :angry:

you are correct again haha:smile:
Hey guys, exam could of gone a lot better, just curious what you guys got on the power station in china question? i got 0.7% but other people i know put 70%......
I wish that I at least asked about the bio and chem papers, maybe I would've been prepared for Physics. :\

What did u guys write about in question 1? Seriously, was that even in the curriculum?

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:
Original post by Brandontom11
Hey guys, exam could of gone a lot better, just curious what you guys got on the power station in china question? i got 0.7% but other people i know put 70%......

Apparently, it's 0.7 because when you divide the number by the number China needs you'll get 7/1000 (methinks) and then you multiply it by a 100 getting the percentage giving u 0.7.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:
Original post by panda64
That was so hard I cried afterwards. I felt like nothing I had revised even showed up it was just a bunch of maths and asking about details of topics I didn't know (but I knew about the topic as a whole :/) The long answers were ok but I don't think I wrote enough detail on them. Didn't help that the kid next to me felt the need to sniff every 3 seconds, it was so distracting I couldn't concentrate. I hope there's low grade boundaries it was such an awful exam :/ Everyone was saying it was easy at school but I feel like people just say that to seem smart haha

Yeah, it tested interpretation rather than knowledge. :banana2:
The A* boundary better be 10%

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did you guys get on that question about how the earthquake couldn't be seen the water or something

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted from TSR Mobile

Did anyone else come out of the exam thinking what.the.actual.****
c5cdc3d7b33263524aa730eb0802fae1e4c4daa1407d684b8dc9c2debfa16f2e.jpg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending