The Student Room Group

AQA: Anti-Semitism, Hitler and the German People 1919-1945, HIS2N, 20th May 2015

Hey! I hadn't seen a general thread about this topic yet. I'm resitting this exam and I really want to get an A in it, any help and revision tips and such will be very useful! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Use the 'access to history Anti Semitism and the Holocaust book', makes notes revolving around dates. For the sources, type in
Reply 2
Anyone know what questions are likely to come up?
How many points do we make for 12 and 24 mark questions?
Is it 6 for 24 markers and 3 for 12 markers? Does it have to be 6, or can you get away with 4 or 5?
Reply 4
Original post by Phillipo57
How many points do we make for 12 and 24 mark questions?
Is it 6 for 24 markers and 3 for 12 markers? Does it have to be 6, or can you get away with 4 or 5?

you cold probably get away with 4-5 (4 is pushing it tho i think) if you develop your points really well.
Reply 5
The main thing is that you show both sides, my teacher has been saying 3 on one and 2 on the other is fine, but if you have time a 3rd won't hurt
Reply 6
Does anybody have any predictions? My teacher has put an emphasis on it being about the responsibility of Himmler for a 24 marker, also does anybody have any idea how to answer questions such as 'explain why the Nuremberg laws were brought in' or 'explain why the Jews are associated with the treaty of Versailles'? Because we were never told there were questions other than source questions until last week! Good luck,everyone! :colondollar:
Reply 7
Original post by what_even
Does anybody have any predictions? My teacher has put an emphasis on it being about the responsibility of Himmler for a 24 marker, also does anybody have any idea how to answer questions such as 'explain why the Nuremberg laws were brought in' or 'explain why the Jews are associated with the treaty of Versailles'? Because we were never told there were questions other than source questions until last week! Good luck,everyone! :colondollar:

My teacher says it's impossible to predict.
For the Nuremberg Laws you'd be looking at things like:
Keep the Jews out of businesses
Stop Jews marrying other Germans
Reduce rights of Jews

Not sure on the ToV question, maybe because lots of the German politicians were Jewish?
kind of freaking out, might just read the entire aqa textbook, take notes on key dates and stuff? seems like this exam is less divided into different distinct sections than the other unit im doing (britain 1483-1529)
Reply 9
Original post by desmoothie
kind of freaking out, might just read the entire aqa textbook, take notes on key dates and stuff? seems like this exam is less divided into different distinct sections than the other unit im doing (britain 1483-1529)

That sounds interesting, the other unit I did was Britain 1906-51, which was fairly dull
was thinking main things to revise are the important people in the nazi party, important events, hitlers ideology, attitudes and successful jews in weimar, and the rest will fill itself in?
Does anyone know if we have to know specific case studies for the Jewish ghettos and the death camps?
Reply 12
It will probably be useful to know numbers of deaths and whatnot, specific evidence and all that
Dreading this exam, feel like i know nothing...
Any predictions, i'm scared out of my mind. so unprepared.
(edited 8 years ago)
I thought that went quite well! The 24 marker about Nazi Policies affecting Jews was like a dream, I revised all of the Decrees and Legislations this morning :3 and the first 24 mark was pretty good, though I felt I waffled.
Original post by Rodgersd09
It was an amazing question!!! Did you do question 2 or 3? And how much did you write - because I felt I was a bit short on quantity - Did 7 pages...

Question 2, as I forgot everything Himmler ever did :wink: and hm, I don't remember how much I wrote, I think it was around 8-9 pages?? but eh, it's quality not quantity
Reply 17
Ran out of time. There's that A out of the window. 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by erinzo
Ran out of time. There's that A out of the window. 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile

I said bye to my A after my Russia exam
Reply 19
That was a good exam for me. I did the ghettoization and Himmler question :smile:
Finished with like 20 mins to spare somehow

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending