Edexcel History Unit 2 6H102 20/05/15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
For the other factors I did:

INA (but with no source reference)
Nationalist Pressure

Definitely not enough factors. :/
Original post by Jessicaw2108
What factors did you do for question bii? i did that also!
Original post by Henzo
For the other factors I did:

INA (but with no source reference)
Nationalist Pressure

Definitely not enough factors. :/

What did you put for war?

I mentioned violence with source 18 using calcutta killings but the source was written in 1944 before - is that still ok?
Original post by Gunnarsunn
Oh and also there were some stats I picked up on - Between 1882 and 1885 128 women were elected onto school boards such as Margaret Macmillan who introduced baths in schools in Bradford. In 1900, women made up 14% of the electorate at local elections showing they were competent enough to extend their political role to a broader extent.

The first source mentioned County Councils - I spoke about Eleanor Rathbone who represented Liverpool County Council and helped developed proper housing for the poor and also Susan Lawrence for Manchester County Council who supported the rights of female cleaners.

Yeah, I fleshed out my answer with details on Eleanor Rathbone and Susan Lawrence, but I just hope its enough.
Did anyone else do option D/Ireland? Quote me if you did :biggrin: I did the first option for the 40 marker
Original post by Henzo
Structure mostly... I had thought that I was okay on structure for the b question going into the exam but I got a bit relaxed obviously and it didn't pay off...

I didn't cross reference all the sources on the a question - I cross referenced two twice, so my sources 11 and 12 weren't cross referenced at all, will that lower my marks?

What did you study for unit 1? I'm hoping my unit 1 will pull my grade up, I'm hoping for at least a B.

I'm actually resitting my India section. I got an A in unit one (Stalin/Mao). I got 56/60 so that will obviously help a lot with getting me an A or a high B hopefully. I'm just hopeless when it comes to the India section because of the rigid structure. I always neglect to use the sources enough and try stuff too much of my own knowledge into question B and lose a lot of my AO2 mark for source work. How do you structure your question B?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 605
What did you put for war?

I mentioned violence with source 18 using calcutta killings but the source was written in 1944 before - is that still ok?

Economy
Military morale

Did you analyse the provenance of source 18? I had been told you can pick up some source marks doing that.

It's probably fine if you linked your OK with the source well - But think that the source was referring to the Quit India movement.
For those doing Brit Pol 45-90, how did you find it? I chose the Attlee questions, thanks edexcel for having both Attlee and thatcher! Though I hate you for that maths paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Henzo
Economy
Military morale

Did you analyse the provenance of source 18? I had been told you can pick up some source marks doing that.

It's probably fine if you linked your OK with the source well - But think that the source was referring to the Quit India movement.

It didn't mention quit india which meant i didn't realise - i didn't use the provenance as I didn't know what to say?! Did you?
That was such a lovely paper, it's a shame I ran out of time! Edexcel are so tight with timings!
Not too sure how I did, 20 Marker I said the sources agreed (Morley Minto Reforms) as despite the INC resolution mentioning religious electorates, the position of Nehru and the subtle disagreement from the Muslim guy, those in the INC, League would partake in the reforms. Most Muslims would agree, a large majority of Hindus based upon the resolution showing the comments made by Nehru to represent a minority.

Did the 40 marker on Gandhi, tougher than I anticipated as it stop at 1930. Said he was successful for he mobilised the masses, gained international recognition and harmed the Raj socially (INC mass movement, 2m Indians joined), economically (boycott British goods and taxes) and politically (political population, forced the Raj to take notice). He also gained Muslim support by getting the Khalifat Movement onside.

But, there was mass violence, religion violence between Muslims and Hindus (some Muslim group declared Jihad killing Hindus), the violence would suggest it wasn't Gandhi who challenged the british but the violence that didn't come from his campaign. Finally his stubbornness in non violence halted progress allowing the british to regain control. (forgot to mention how his alliance with the Khalifat alienated lots of Muslims, notably Jinnah).

Hopefully my unit 1 pulls be me up, could have been a lot better tbh
For India did anyone do the world wars impact on India's independence?
Original post by MoeSidat

I did - what factors did you do?
Original post by jabire3
Not too sure how I did, 20 Marker I said the sources agreed (Morley Minto Reforms) as despite the INC resolution mentioning religious electorates, the position of Nehru and the subtle disagreement from the Muslim guy, those in the INC, League would partake in the reforms. Most Muslims would agree, a large majority of Hindus based upon the resolution showing the comments made by Nehru to represent a minority.

Did the 40 marker on Gandhi, tougher than I anticipated as it stop at 1930. Said he was successful for he mobilised the masses, gained international recognition and harmed the Raj socially (INC mass movement, 2m Indians joined), economically (boycott British goods and taxes) and politically (political population, forced the Raj to take notice). He also gained Muslim support by getting the Khalifat Movement onside.

But, there was mass violence, religion violence between Muslims and Hindus (some Muslim group declared Jihad killing Hindus), the violence would suggest it wasn't Gandhi who challenged the british but the violence that didn't come from his campaign. Finally his stubbornness in non violence halted progress allowing the british to regain control. (forgot to mention how his alliance with the Khalifat alienated lots of Muslims, notably Jinnah).

Hopefully my unit 1 pulls be me up, could have been a lot better tbh

I really liked section a. I thought that the sources were brilliant too. Question b was a nice question too but I found it difficult to integrate enough quotes into my answer so I'm hoping my AO1 marks will pull it up to get a B or C overall and possibly an low A when combined with Stalin/ Mao. I'm just hoping that the examiner will overlook my lack of source analysis in question b, do you need too do much source work in b?
Original post by AJC1997
Haha ikr, I read it like 3 times, it was perfect for the married womens property act questions tbh, wasn't there even a sample 40 mark question involving them in there? Also I said it's effects were mostly materialistic rather than true physical advances in womens rights, that's kind of similar right?

Fack there was a quote ina source saying that it was 'symbolic' and i forgot to use it in my conclusion ****, yeah those arent the proper words to describe what you're trying to say but theyll understand what you're trying to say hopefully
Original post by MoeSidat

I did! I though the 20 marker was quite nice actually. for the 40marker my points were:

British unable to control India/could no longer afford it
International pressure in world war 2
Concessions and reforms
Progress of nationalism

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 615
It didn't mention quit india which meant i didn't realise - i didn't use the provenance as I didn't know what to say?! Did you?

I did because I was flapping for what to write down! I wrote some garbage down about Wavell which I can't remember.

Don't worry about your Calcutta Killings reference - That will be fine.
Reply 616
Original post by gcsestudent123
anyone do Britain mass media and popular culture? how did you find it?

if you mean option E, reponding to change, I did! Re sat from last year. Not sure how I feel about it, what about you?
Original post by Susan______1
Yeah, I fleshed out my answer with details on Eleanor Rathbone and Susan Lawrence, but I just hope its enough.

Should be, people would have just included the Government Act 1894, the Franchise Act and the Education Act - Which would have been sufficient. Own knowledge is alright in my point of view.

Don't worry it's enough!
Original post by bitofageek
I did! I though the 20 marker was quite nice actually. for the 40marker my points were:

British unable to control India/could no longer afford it
International pressure in world war 2
Concessions and reforms
Progress of nationalism

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did

Labour government and no longer afford it
lack of manpower - troops leaving, army could not be relied on in civil war
Violence - great calcutta killings
nationalism with the government of india act made independence and reform inevitable

i don't know if those points are ok??
Reply 619
did anyone else do responding to change, option E2, and if so, how did you find it?!:-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending