The Student Room Group

2015 GCSE 21st Century Physics P1 P2 P3

Scroll to see replies

Same, I panicked and left it until the end

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by parker13
YESS i put about that and after the exam i thought oh no its only ionising but I'm so glad i didn't cross it out, also i said we don't know the long term effects is that also correct?

I said it makes particles vibrate which heats them up, is strongly absorbed by water, body contains water, can cause cancer
Can someone...anyone...tell me which questions were on the same double page spread as the solar panel company question. I know the solar panel q was 3 marks and took up a whole page but what about on the other side? How many marks was that other side? Cos I missed it and want to know how many marks I've lost for certain
What did people put for those elements in stars questions?

I think I put

Hydrogen

And then Helium, Carbon and oxygen
Reply 404
Hiya, thanks for posting this- it was really helpful in the run up to the exam. Just wondering if you have access to P4-6? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iamlucy

I think I put

Hydrogen

I put that too ! (:
Original post by iamlucy

I think I put

Hydrogen

Yes that's what I wrote
Original post by spaceman11
I said it makes particles vibrate which heats them up, is strongly absorbed by water, body contains water, can cause cancer

I said heats up molecules not particles, will that be okay?
Reply 408
anyone here doing the AQA english lit exam tmrw??
if so, anyone doing the place cluster?
Original post by aimeelovescats
I put that too ! (:

*high fives you*

YAYAY for us :wink:
I said heats up molecules not particles, will that be okay?

The book says "everything is made up of atoms and molecules" - so i'm sure that's absolutely fine - just atoms joined together shouldn't get you marked down :smile:
Yes that's what I wrote

YaY for us!!

:smile:
Original post by iamlucy
The book says "everything is made up of atoms and molecules" - so i'm sure that's absolutely fine - just atoms joined together shouldn't get you marked down :smile:

Okay thanks!:h:
Original post by abbeyjayne
Well i was reduced to tears at the end so **** you ocr....

You and me both - I've been pretty calm and relaxed about my exams so far but yesterday I ended up having a panic attack because I couldn't answer about a third of the questions... Freaking nightmare... If they rest of the Physics exams are going to be like that, I'm going to go and fly into that Tau Ceti star they were on about, it's better than being down here.
Reply 414
Original post by Jitesh
So you would have about 73 ums (guessijg) if you're 7 percent off an a

About 30 in physics, 40 in biology and chemistry to be on a safe b I would say

I can do more 'accurate' calculations tonight though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahh thank you soo much for your reply! I really appreciate it :smile:
How did the exam go for you?
Original post by examstressed1808
You and me both - I've been pretty calm and relaxed about my exams so far but yesterday I ended up having a panic attack because I couldn't answer about a third of the questions... Freaking nightmare... If they rest of the Physics exams are going to be like that, I'm going to go and fly into that Tau Ceti star they were on about, it's better than being down here.

100% agree :-) ive been so calm throughout my exams but physics? That was a joke.
It's not surprising though ,they have to make exams difficult , but the questions apart from the mathematics were relatively straightforward.
This is not a drill but apparently, one of my classmates said that the physics exam was easy.

What has the world come to? 😱😨

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:
Reply 418
Hi guys, was just wondering if someone could give me a hand with something? Do you think I'd have done OK on the microwave//mobile phones question if the points I made were:

-Children can contact parents with phones
-Children can contact someone in the event of an emergency
-Some people may feel the benefits of phones outweigh the risks

-We do not know the long term health effects of phones as we haven't used them for long enough
-Although the radiation isn't ionising or of a high frequency it could still have adverse health affects such as brain tumours or cancer
-Damage to ears from phones
-Damage to the body due to the heating affects of phones (didn't mention water molecules though :frown: )
Reply 419
Seriously can someone help ahaha? See above ^

I'm fussing over that one question so much :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending