The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kawehi
I've messed up all three of my maths exams so far :s-smilie: but I think that chemistry and biology went pretty excellently! I'm predicting low 90s overall, (hopefully) because I'm pretty sure I'll be getting mid 80s in maths :/ How about you?

Maths: 96%
Biology: 94%
Chemistry: 88% (Unfortunately) I still have one exam left that is worth 50%. It is my hardest exam and I need to get at least 90% to clean up my **** in the last exam. So I think I'll average around 92%.
Original post by C0balt
Was aiming for 98% but not after Unit 1 physics LOL
Lucky if I get 93+. :getmecoat:

Physics wont be in my most relevant 3 luckily. Although I got near to 100% in both mocks so it is very very sad that I messed up.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it possible to do exams at more than one exam centre? I'm not sure if my school will let me do FM privatelynext year and I'm scared my timetables will clash!
Original post by BioStudentx
Maths: 96%
Biology: 94%
Chemistry: 88% (Unfortunately) I still have one exam left that is worth 50%. It is my hardest exam and I need to get at least 90% to clean up my **** in the last exam. So I think I'll average around 92%.

Nice! That's still really good! Are those going off unofficial mark schemes? Are you doing OCR for chemistry btw?
Original post by C0balt
Was aiming for 98% but not after Unit 1 physics LOL
Lucky if I get 93+. :getmecoat:

Doubt it went that badly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Physics wont be in my most relevant 3 luckily. Although I got near to 100% in both mocks so it is very very sad that I messed up.

Yeah same, my past papers went very well, and slipped extremely hard in the actual thing lol

Same here! With ocr physics I managed to run out of time and had about 30 seconds for the last question ugh
Out of curiosity, where will be everyone's second choice if they don't get an offer for cambridge?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kawehi
Nice! That's still really good! Are those going off unofficial mark schemes? Are you doing OCR for chemistry btw?

Yes I do OCR chemistry. And yes I am using the unofficial mark schemes, my own instinct etc. Usually I'm right about most thing. I got the charge of an electron wrong in my exam. I didn't write -1 and lost marks. I thought it was 1/1840 at the time. 10/10 would write that again.
Original post by TirnanF
Out of curiosity, where will be everyone's second choice if they don't get an offer for cambridge?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Imperial woop woop.
Original post by TirnanF

Posted from TSR Mobile

Durham probably

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samb1234
Doubt it went that badly

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I am very pessimistic that is true but it can't be good when I already know 5 marks worth of silly mistakes plus 3 potential marks if I don't get consequential. Then comes obligatory unplanned losses from the least unexpected
Original post by TirnanF

Posted from TSR Mobile

Durham, predictably.
Original post by TirnanF

Posted from TSR Mobile

Durham, I'm going to a summer school at Durham and they guarantee to give me a "standard offer" when I apply!
This isn't even reliant on AS grades (obviously I still want to do well to get an offer from Cambridge).
I would be studying either physics, or physics with astrophysics.
Original post by TirnanF

Posted from TSR Mobile

Edinburgh Chemical Physics
Entry requirement is much lower like AAA so might be wasting my (hopeful) A*s but I like the look of the course. Haven't looked much into other unis however, so might like Durham or something who knows
Yes I do OCR chemistry. And yes I am using the unofficial mark schemes, my own instinct etc. Usually I'm right about most thing. I got the charge of an electron wrong in my exam. I didn't write -1 and lost marks. I thought it was 1/1840 at the time. 10/10 would write that again.

Ah man that sucks! According to the mark schemes for bio and chem, I *seem* to have gotten full marks (???) but I'm taking that with a serious pinch of salt.. Plus F321/F211 were only worth 30%, so I've got plenty of wiggle room to screw the rest of it up :redface: How did you do on the coursework?
Original post by C0balt
Well I am very pessimistic that is true but it can't be good when I already know 5 marks worth of silly mistakes plus 3 potential marks if I don't get consequential. Then comes obligatory unplanned losses from the least unexpected

The thing is that that's not even that bad. Even last year, which was a very easy paper, you would only lose around 12-15 ums for dropping 10-12 marks. 15/300 is almost nothing, and that's only one of the 3 subjects included in the average

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TirnanF

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Durham or Imperial I guess.
Original post by kawehi
Ah man that sucks! According to the mark schemes for bio and chem, I *seem* to have gotten full marks (???) but I'm taking that with a serious pinch of salt.. Plus F321/F211 were only worth 30%, so I've got plenty of wiggle room to screw the rest of it up :redface: How did you do on the coursework?

Lol teacher is too much of a ****** to tell us our results so I have no clue.
I thought that word would have been censored. My bad :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by samb1234
The thing is that that's not even that bad. Even last year, which was a very easy paper, you would only lose around 12-15 ums for dropping 10-12 marks. 15/300 is almost nothing, and that's only one of the 3 subjects included in the average

Posted from TSR Mobile

You know what, of all the people who cheered me up you do the best job lol
At least other three I took went alright, and unit 2 is much better seeing how low the boundaries are and I now love waves lol

Latest

Trending

Trending