The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Midnight1811
What do you think will be the grade boundaries then?

54-58 for an A unit 1

50-54 For an A unit 2
Hi does anyone know how many marks is 85 ums in the second paper
Original post by SunDun111
I don't know why but I've started getting really nervous for this now. For the 12 marker on bowlbys theory instead of putting evidence coming against it comes from Schaffer and Emerson, I put one disadvantage comes from Schaffer and Emerson? Will this mean it will be disregarded....

No surely the examiner would know that disadvantage will mean a weakness so it should be ok
Original post by Midnight1811
What do you think will be the grade boundaries then?

I think they'll be higher than previous years but anything over 60 is unrealistic as there are those weaker candidates who will struggle regardless of the paper:

Unit 1 57 - A
52 - B
47 - C etc

Unit 2 54 - A
49 - B
44 - C etc

So I assume no more than 111/142 for an A but hopefully less :smile:
Original post by iodo345
No surely the examiner would know that disadvantage will mean a weakness so it should be ok

Ok thanks guess it's just nerves getting the better of me...because for all ao2 I accidently put like one advantage comes from Hazan and shaver etc..
Reply 3265
Original post by jake1998hut
hi
for the 4 marker on methods to deal with stress i was short for time so just wrote cbt is a method of coping with stress- will this get me one mark?
for the janet stem question i wrote about her having high responsibility for organising stuff and mentioned johansson study- would this get me marks?
for the 12 marker i wrote 2 pages, 1 page on ao1 briefly describing ect then for ao2 evaluating it on the next page- would this get more than 6 marks of credit?
Did everyone else put that Kieran had an inter locus so was more confident and belived in himself more meaning he was more likely to resist pressure to conform.
Thanks

I wrote about CBT due to a lack of time as well, but my psychology teacher said that you can pick up some marks because SIT is a form of CBT anyway. I also wrote about the Johansson study and should get credit because it shows the effect of work overload on stress. For the 12 marker I only had time to write about antipsychotics and antidepressants and was told i could get at least 10 because it was asking for one or more forms of therapy. Yeah, i said Kieran had an an internal LOC too.
what do people think 100 UMS will be on each paper? I think I lost 2 marks on unit 1 and 5 marks on unit 2
Guys I can't get over this exam in my head, I know you told me that the examiner wouldn't mind if I out for a02 like one disadvantage of bowlbys theory comes from Schaffer and Emerson. But what if it does? This means he might completely disregard all my a02 and I might not get a B... So nervous can someone put my mind to rest
Guys I can't get over this exam in my head, I know you told me that the examiner wouldn't mind if I out for a02 like one disadvantage of bowlbys theory comes from Schaffer and Emerson. But what if it does? This means he might completely disregard all my a02 and I might not get a B... So nervous can someone put my mind to rest

For all of your AO2 did you just put that sentence or did you elaborate and put other points? If you put other points they wouldn't disregard the whole thing
Original post by bethygirl
For all of your AO2 did you just put that sentence or did you elaborate and put other points? If you put other points they wouldn't disregard the whole thing

So basically I put, one disadvantage of the learning theory comes from Schaffer and Emerson. They investigated 60 baby's in Glasgow and found 40 per cent had multiple attachments. This is a disadvantage because it shows the theory is wrong etc. I expanded on this and wrote other study's, but I forgot to put instead of showing it's evidence against the study, I put it's a disadvantage?
Does anyone have a link to an unofficial mark scheme for unit 2 ?? thanks :biggrin:
So basically I put, one disadvantage of the learning theory comes from Schaffer and Emerson. They investigated 60 baby's in Glasgow and found 40 per cent had multiple attachments. This is a disadvantage because it shows the theory is wrong etc. I expanded on this and wrote other study's, but I forgot to put instead of showing it's evidence against the study, I put it's a disadvantage?

Disadvantage is just another word for limitation and weakness. You will gain some marks but the only way to get full marks in the essay is to say why it's a disadvantage.
Disadvantage is just another word for limitation and weakness. You will gain some marks but the only way to get full marks in the essay is to say why it's a disadvantage.

I did, I said this is a disadvantage because it contradicts the learning theory which suggests an attachment should only be mate with one person yet they find baby's have multiplied attachments. I wrote 3 study's in detail, but I out them as advantage or disadvantage instead of writing my point as research supporting, or against, is this fine?
I did, I said this is a disadvantage because it contradicts the learning theory which suggests an attachment should only be mate with one person yet they find baby's have multiplied attachments. I wrote 3 study's in detail, but I out them as advantage or disadvantage instead of writing my point as research supporting, or against, is this fine?

Did you evaluate the different aspects of the theory? Because just putting study's and saying they support or don't support the theory probably won't be enough for the question because it wasn't a research driven question
Did you evaluate the different aspects of the theory? Because just putting study's and saying they support or don't support the theory probably won't be enough for the question because it wasn't a research driven question

My teacher said support/for or against should be enough. But I did criticise bowlbys view of the father. So does putting like one disadvantage comes from Schaffer and Emerson, instead of evidence against not matter?
My teacher said support/for or against should be enough. But I did criticise bowlbys view of the father. So does putting like one disadvantage comes from Schaffer and Emerson, instead of evidence against not matter?

Using the word disadvantage will make you lose no more marks than if you'd have said evidence against:smile:!
Using the word disadvantage will make you lose no more marks than if you'd have said evidence against:smile:!

Are you sure? I'm scared haha...
How can you still remember what you wrote lmao
Are you sure? I'm scared haha...

I'm positive, it means the exact same thing. You could have said disadvantage, evidence against, limitation or weakness and they are all perfectly correct
I'm positive, it means the exact same thing. You could have said disadvantage, evidence against, limitation or weakness and they are all perfectly correct

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending