The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hellokittymad
:console:you can do this! xx

I'm about 60% sure I am not screwed for two thirds of my paper tomorrow, which I guess is something.
Original post by CescaD96
I'm about 60% sure I am not screwed for two thirds of my paper tomorrow, which I guess is something.

I'll pray for you, can I be any help?
I'll pray for you, can I be any help?

I don't mind people praying for me, so thank you. :console:
I don't mind people praying for me, so thank you. :console:

youre very welcome (: xx
Right, I need to get up and write the last essay for my pgde. I feel a bit delicate and wish I could spend the day doing something outside that would make me feel better.

I can't remember all of the steps I used to take to make essay writing less stressful.
Reply 7905
Original post by Anonymous
Not sure how much more I can take, feeling very low :frown:

Have ESA medical looming on Wednesday, the evil evil people have used prolonged email discussions as evidence

Gambled again tonight, seem to do that at times of stress. Which has of course set off bad thoughts :frown:

Gambling is evil man. I have been gambling after seven months off a bet and only two or three bets in a year. i had a serious problem and was in rehab for it last year so I need to get a grip on it but part of the problem is I don't care enough until I have caused serious damage.

I won two grand on Wednesday and lost it all. Couldn't even afford a can of coke this weekend.

My plans with it are crazy anyway. I feel like I just need to get about five or ten grand to put in a safe deposit for backup if I need to escape. Even when I do stash it, I just end up gambling it. Last time I even cashed in the deposit on the key and gambled that. Then I got another few grand and legged it and was caught out and had to give it up to pay back debt.

I don't even stress about the money. I just stress about being found out and letting people down once again.
Original post by Anonymous
Not sure how much more I can take, feeling very low :frown:

Have ESA medical looming on Wednesday, the evil evil people have used prolonged email discussions as evidence

Gambled again tonight, seem to do that at times of stress. Which has of course set off bad thoughts :frown:
Ah it's shocking that they're stressing vulnerable people out. Sorry to hear it's all stressing you out. All of that needs revising but now with the cuts and things hmm...

Email discussions between who?
Mum hasn't asked me why I get transition, and my sister doesn't, yet.
And we where talking about transition earlier.

I think that's kind of a result.
Original post by Sabertooth
Really happy for you that things are going well. :smile:

Have you told the uni about your mental health/got stuff in place to try and make things as manageable as possible?

I have never been diagnosed, as I haven't had anything more than deeply depressed moments in my life, so havent seen the need. But I'll be getting extra help anyway at Uni due to my dyslexia, so that should try and help keep things at bay, but if things start to get worse and more that i feel i can handle, I'll get it all checked out. I feel my main trigger is stress, so with me being able to get extended deadlines and help to be able to complete the work, fingers crossed, I should be fine.

thanks all the same though :smile:
Original post by TheUnknownDude
Life will certainly change for you when you go to uni. Just make a lot of friends, and you'll be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll try and make the best of a stressful situation. :smile:
Original post by Jay018
I'll try and make the best of a stressful situation. :smile:

Yes. Hope it all goes good for you. If you need to talk to anyone, feel free to pm me :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feels like after being relatively happy for so long things are crashing down now. Been sobbing away this morning, partly because I'm really not confident about my dissertation and partly something else which is even more stupid.
Fell asleep because I have a horrible stomach ache and I am meant to be studying. :eek:
Fell asleep because I have a horrible stomach ache and I am meant to be studying. :eek:

your health comes first honey xx
your health comes first honey xx

I'm behind by an hour.

at least I am not tired anymore.
I'm behind by an hour.

at least I am not tired anymore.

*offers hugs*
today officially ****ing sucks. I have had enough of everything and cannot cope. feel lower than I have in a long time, impossible to do even small things it seems. had to talk myself into going outside for hours, finally got out and was horrible. felt low and everything was getting to me and was horrible. feel no better. I am sick of it. for some unknown reason my sleep is completely ****ed to the point I don't sleep if unmedicated, and if I med up, I sleep until the afternoon and feel so drugged up and sedated. which leads me to feel even worse and then unable to sleep at all because of waking so late. I cant ****ing win with anything. nothing ****ing helps me to feel better, meds are just ****ing useless and no therapy and no GP that is bothered or does much and ****ing cant do it and just gaaaaaaaah
It actually makes me feel horrid when I get good grades because I feel bad because others don't get grades as high as mine.

But at the same time my whole self esteem is also based on getting good grades, which is something none of my friends seem to understand. They're like, "cuppa, you're smart why are you ever worrying about this". I tell them that my self worth depends on it and I have literally nothing else to offer anyone, and they calm down. The next day they're saying the same thing. I'm just so tired of having no dreams, aspirations... Not even interests. The only goal I have right now is younger into uni and I don't even want to go. But I have nothing else so I might as well.
Really struggling right now...rang Samaritan helpline which helped a bit just venting and stuff but the phone call is over now and now fighting off urges, I just want the thoughts to stop, feel so low right now.
Original post by SassQueen13
Really struggling right now...rang Samaritan helpline which helped a bit just venting and stuff but the phone call is over now and now fighting off urges, I just want the thoughts to stop, feel so low right now.
You can talk with us for now but if you need to you can ring Samaritans as many times as you like if you get the same person just put the phone down and call again you'll get a different person eventually. Apart from us is their anyone you can chat to maybe a flat mate, sibilings or parent?

Latest