The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kadak
Let me guess.Ill never in my wildest dreams get an offer like that for natsci ?

Yes 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kadak
Let me guess.Ill never in my wildest dreams get an offer like that for natsci ?

A*AA my friend
Original post by enaayrah
Exactly :frown: That would pour my dream of 'PhD by 28' down the drain

Wow,thats just ridicolously too long for a science degree.But why must you get your phd by 28 ?
Original post by Joshb873
A*AA my friend

But Cambridge years ago increased it to two A*s.And loads of people get more than that,so I doubt Ill get it.Getting an offer from Cambridge is a gift anyway ,nvm mind whether you need two A*s or one.
Original post by physicsmaths

All I want is the offer,even if its three A* I dont mind.
Yeh any offernis acheivable from hard work from january. Unless its step then it is just a weird undecribable exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kadak
All I want is the offer,even if its three A* I dont mind.

If you apply and you're not a complete idiot who got D's at AS then they'll give you an offer, as long as it is logically possible to get the grades at the end of A2. Hard work during AS is worth it though, especially when I only need a D at A2 to get my A in History :wink:
If you apply and you're not a complete idiot who got D's at AS then they'll give you an offer, as long as it is logically possible to get the grades at the end of A2. Hard work during AS is worth it though, especially when I only need a D at A2 to get my A in History :wink:

Are you taking the mick out of my D in chemistry. I bet you don't believe me that I got an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wish I could show Cambridge how much extra reading I did in year 7,8,9, and 10 before I knew I wanted to apply...
Are you taking the mick out of my D in chemistry. I bet you don't believe me that I got an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What subject did you apply for? I didn't know you got a D in chemistry but if you applied for NS or a singular science option I would refuse to believe Cambridge gave you an offer.
Original post by cerlohee
Yeah it's insane. I got an offer on the way home after just submitting my ucas i was like :redface: :redface:
They said they give out just over 5x the number of offers as they have places, expecting just under 1/5 people to accept them (skew cos cambridge natsci lol) so I guess that's why. Actually quite a few courses and universities do something similar!

What did they offer you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thechemistress
What day are you going? :smile:

If anybody else is going on the 2nd, perhaps we could do a meetup type thing? Also is anybody going with their parents?

I'm going 2nd aswell! :smile:. It'd be great to meet up but I'm coming with a friend, his family and my family... Might be tough to ditch them all :tongue:. We could have our TSR names on badges or something haha.

Original post by chloe-jessica
I hadn't heard about practice interviews actually, a friend told me about sample lectures which seem pretty useful. The only thing is that I can't make it on the 2nd and I've booked UCL on the 3rd which I think I'd rather go to as there are about 6 unis which I can't decide between for 2 applications and UCL is one of those. There's too much going on :s-smilie:

I'm going UCL 3rd aswell :smile:. Tbf I do live in London so it's not so much of a trek for me but I'll be tired as hell. Doing Oxford 1st, Cambridge 2nd, UCL 3rd and Southampton 4th. UCL is a truly awesome place though :biggrin:, you should definitely consider it.
(edited 8 years ago)
What subject did you apply for? I didn't know you got a D in chemistry but if you applied for NS or a singular science option I would refuse to believe Cambridge gave you an offer.

Mathematics

Posted from TSR Mobile

What were your other results?
Cambridge don't usually care about your GCSE grades as long as you got AT LEAST straight B's.

Oxford are a lot stricter on the GCSE's.

But of course, if you and someone else get the same A level results, they might use GCSE's as a deciding factor, but this is rare.

You can only apply to one of the Oxbridge Uni's and I've always seen Cambridge being easier to get a conditional offer for. Someone I know got B's at GCSE and 4 B's at AS and were offered an AAA place to do History at Cambridge.

4B's at AS? Did the UMS rule not apply to him or something? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nurav11
4B's at AS? Did the UMS rule not apply to him or something? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought the UMS rule was for the A2 units?

Anyway, this kid up there got a D and is claiming he got an offer. Wonder how that would work.

Anyway, this kid up there got a D and is claiming he got an offer. Wonder how that would work.

Because if you're applying for maths why would they care about chemistry. He got very high maths ums and maths has step as well so they can make more offers per place. Plus he did loads of super curricular maths stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1433014576.939828.jpg

Feel like a **** now mate.
Posted from TSR Mobile

That is quite a rude way to speak.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1433014576.939828.jpg

Feel like a **** now mate.
Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't feel anything because I knew NOTHING about your situation, why are you assuming I knew you had a high grade in maths? Congratulations....

Latest

Trending

Trending