The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by C0balt
That is quite a rude way to speak.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Being rude? I was genuinely curious as to how it would work, and my pondering was answered by me finding out he got a really high score in Mathematics.
Original post by Joshb873
I don't feel anything because I knew NOTHING about your situation, why are you assuming I knew you had a high grade in maths? Congratulations....

I had a b in physics aswell btw.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kadak
Wow,thats just ridicolously too long for a science degree.But why must you get your phd by 28 ?

So I can settle down with a decent job in research before I'm 30 :tongue:
I thought the UMS rule was for the A2 units?

Anyway, this kid up there got a D and is claiming he got an offer. Wonder how that would work.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's not a kid.
Chemistry isn't important in maths.
Physicmaths got the grades in the subjects that counts.
Just because he gets a D doesn't rule him out,would you do that if you were a admissions officer?
I don't feel anything because I knew NOTHING about your situation, why are you assuming I knew you had a high grade in maths? Congratulations....

I don't blame you for not knowing him, and I don't blame you for joining this thread late. But I find it unacceptable that you act disrespectfully and condescending

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anyway, this kid up there got a D and is claiming he got an offer. Wonder how that would work.

Don't be such an ********
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by enaayrah
So I can settle down with a decent job in research before I'm 30 :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough.Can I called you Professoress /Professor in front of your name? :tongue:.

Original post by physicsmaths
I had a b in physics aswell btw.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's great, I hope you get your place in September!
That's great, I hope you get your place in September!

I hope I do too. Hope you get wherever your aiming.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough.Can I called you Professoress /Professor in front of your name? :tongue:.

No! :lol:
I haven't even passed my AS Levels yet

Ah, selective logic. Ignore my other responses. Ignore the fact I had never heard of an applicant with a D being offered a place, ignore the fact I now know his situation and that I was simply curious. Yes, I am such a whatever that censored word is.

Bravo, directly insulting people for being curious, bravo.
Original post by cerlohee
Yeah it's insane. I got an offer on the way home after just submitting my ucas i was like :redface: :redface:
They said they give out just over 5x the number of offers as they have places, expecting just under 1/5 people to accept them (skew cos cambridge natsci lol) so I guess that's why. Actually quite a few courses and universities do something similar!

Yeah I guess most people applying for natsci would be applying for the likes of Cambridge and Durham so fair enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
I hope I do too. Hope you get wherever your aiming.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks man.
Reply 9514
Love how I got blanked 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah, selective logic. Ignore my other responses. Ignore the fact I had never heard of an applicant with a D being offered a place, ignore the fact I now know his situation and that I was simply curious. Yes, I am such a whatever that censored word is.

Bravo, directly insulting people for being curious, bravo.

I'm sorry but your tone was despicable.
Original post by Guls
Love how I got blanked 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry I was too busy revising chemistry to respond lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm sorry but your tone was despicable.

My tone? You don't know what tone I adopted, seen as though it was a text based response. I was quite chilled and curious, it was you who decided my tone was something negative. Just because I wasn't sucking air out the kids ******* doesn't mean I was being "despicable". I can't wait for you to enter the real world after you leave college.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Wait,if you have no A*s at GCSE there's a high chance of rejection? Oh well,that's imperial gone from my list it seems 😞.

I was told the average GCSE results of an Oxbridge applicant were 8A*s or higher.

Obviously this isn't a concrete fact and exceptions will be made but if you do happen to have GCSE results resembling these then it makes you a much more competitive applicant (especially for Oxford, who place quite a bit of emphasis on GCSEs)
No! :lol:
I haven't even passed my AS Levels yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
But I like to give my friends titles :frown:.

Latest

Trending

Trending