The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

I had mine on the 29th of April and still no response,I saw someone from my assessment day earlier whilst driving,an omen perhaps...,more likely its wishful thinking

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by genericname96
Hi all, just a quick question, I am most likely going to be relocating for this position and was just wondering if anyone else was looking at relocating and if so what the main options are? I take it house sharing is likely to be a big possibility if there are multiple applicants all relocating to a certain area?

I am more than likely needing to relocate however not too sure! Where was your location preference?
Original post by Samrichman
I am more than likely needing to relocate however not too sure! Where was your location preference?

I've not really got an ideal location in mind at the moment, I think it will be more down to the job role and what area of the civil service that I'll be based in. You?
I'd say that's probably time for this week.
I've not seen many acceptances here for commercial though and none for Wales so maybe there's hope yet
Original post by Tranceistor
I'd say that's probably time for this week.
I've not seen many acceptances here for commercial though and none for Wales so maybe there's hope yet

Yeah I haven't seen many for commercial either so fingers crossed! Hopefully we hear back Mon/Tues at latest, my first A2 exam is on Weds and could really do without worrying about this aswell as my exams :tongue:
Reply 805
Just spoke to capita about operational development apprenticeship, they said they had only just received the results back. They told me they would be finalising them at the start of next week and would send them out at the end of next week. I asked if anybody had been given their results yet and they said no one has had them yet.
I suppose that concludes it for this week then! On Monday it's back to refreshing our emails!:')
I'm most likely going to be relocating (to London - hopefully) and am interested in what sort of advice or help there will be regarding that. I would be absolutely amazed if there's no internal "find a flatmate" scheme on the Civil Service intranet, or something.

Anyone else intending on relocating to London?

Hope I don't end up having a 2.5hr commute to work every day..
Reply 808
Another email off capita:

Thank you for your response to the offer of a place on the Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship.

5-6pm really does seem to be the magic hour for them..
I have been accepted for the fast track business admin role but I was really hoping to land an IT role.

I've not fully decided it yet but I am 80% sure I am going to reject the offer for employment.

Too bad these are the only roles available in scotland.

For everyone still waiting to hear back from them, there's still hope. I'm sure there are more people who will do what I think I will do!
Original post by Miyata
To be honest I think it should be okay if they have known you at least for around a year. Though I didn't want to risk so ended up using people who knew me for over 5 years just to be safe xD

I only stayed 1.5 years in same school, 2 years in college, etc, no place same for 3 straight years, so I had to use my friends who attended same school and college classes with me, no one else knew me for 3 straight years in work or educational environment. As I only stayed in uni for a year before I left, and worked for a year. So yeah xD Hope that will okay as well xD

Who did you end up using by the way, if not work?

Oh! I bet it was tough for you to decide who to use then, I suppose you did the right thing! I chose my form tutor from secondary school and then a teacher from my college.
Original post by MrDC
Anybody here from the May 7th morning session? The interview and group exercise I felt went fine but the written exercise was a disaster for me.

I've been offered the business admin role, not my first choice but it is still level 4, will give me opportunities to develop many skills and if it does offer a stable job with a good salary then I look forward to working hard to be successful at this.

The wait was a bloody killer! Hang in there to those who are waiting I hope you all receive good news, if anyone has been unsuccessful then don't give up, I'm sure there will be something out there lined up for you as long as you keep your head up and stay positive, winners don't quit, remember that.

I was at the morning session too. I also found the written exercise and absolute killer! Hated it, thought I screwed it all up. Absolutely loved my interview though. Didn't practice the competencies neither! I heard back yesterday (Thursday) with confirmation for the Business Admin. I think I had commercial as my first and Finance as my second! Looking back on it though, I think I would prefer this one over the other two! Well done on being successful! Do you live in London or will you be commuting?
I have been asked to respond by Monday confirming if I will take the offer or not... but the role has not been confirmed?
Original post by rosschaps
I have been asked to respond by Monday confirming if I will take the offer or not... but the role has not been confirmed?

The email should say the role you have been chosen for, but that location and dates will be confirmed?
Original post by HarrisonLee26
The email should say the role you have been chosen for, but that location and dates will be confirmed?

All I got was Finance Apprentice and I think others got Commerical Apprentice or Business Admin Apprentice. Not an actual job role.
Original post by AFellaW
All I got was Finance Apprentice and I think others got Commerical Apprentice or Business Admin Apprentice. Not an actual job role.

Oh I understand what you are saying now, sorry! That will be confirmed after the 8th or 9th I read on here somewhere once people have accepted or declined their offers.
Oh I understand what you are saying now, sorry! That will be confirmed after the 8th or 9th I read on here somewhere once people have accepted or declined their offers.

Yeah it's all a bit confusing, hopefully it starts to become clearer now and we'll find out actual job roles and our departments.
Reply 817
I was at the morning session too. I also found the written exercise and absolute killer! Hated it, thought I screwed it all up. Absolutely loved my interview though. Didn't practice the competencies neither! I heard back yesterday (Thursday) with confirmation for the Business Admin. I think I had commercial as my first and Finance as my second! Looking back on it though, I think I would prefer this one over the other two! Well done on being successful! Do you live in London or will you be commuting?

Harrison! Nice to know you passed. I remember speaking to you at the beginning just before we got split into groups and began the exercises. I live in London, I'm guessing you will be commuting. Looking forward to getting the confirmation of department and location. Do you know if anybody else from the May 7th morning session made it?
Anyone from the 23rd April AM assessment centre been successful?
Original post by MrDC
Harrison! Nice to know you passed. I remember speaking to you at the beginning just before we got split into groups and began the exercises. I live in London, I'm guessing you will be commuting. Looking forward to getting the confirmation of department and location. Do you know if anybody else from the May 7th morning session made it?

Oh really? Were you the guy to my right? Works in EE? Yeah I shall be commuting which shouldnt be too bad when the new station is built juat outside my village! I cant wait ti find out neither. What department do you want ideally? I dont know of anuone else sadly, but seems like a lot of people got placed with a business admin apprenticeship at the same time near enough

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending