The Student Room Group

OCR History B - 2015 Paper Review

Post what section you do and your thoughts on the paper and sources.

I did Cold War and the USA, found that the questions were among the easiest in years!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't really know what my section was called xD it was the First World War, the questions I did for that part were about Technology in war (tanks, aircrafts etc), USAs entry into war and whether Haig achieved his intentions at the Somme.

I really liked the questions, there was definitely no decision on which question I would pick because I had remembered a lot of things about those topics, the other question I wasn't really as confident on.
The sources weren't bad, I ended up making an educated guess for one of them but it turned out to be right anyway :biggrin:
Reply 2
I did the same as you, and I found it fairly easily but Idk if paper 2 will be as easy as this?
Reply 3
I did Cold War and Germany, it wasn't awful but certainly could've been better- about average
Reply 4
I did The Inter war years and Causes and Events of WW1, and yeah it went pretty well I guess...
Some of my answers could have been improved though...
i also did inter war years and causes and events of ww1??compare answers?
for the source question i wrote that the message was that the LON were powerless and following the policy of appeasement led people to think were scared of war and that war was inevitable:/ for the second one i wrote about how they abolished slavery, got rid of leprosy and the Aaland Islands and Upper Selsia..
hby you guys?
what do you think the grade boundaries are for and A or A* out of 81?
I did The cold war and Germany - Germany essay Q' was AMAZING !!1

The Bay of Pigs source was a bit iffy ... but overall i hope its good !!

scared for paper 2 thoo
Need someone to compare answers with me and give me grade boundaries pls!
Original post by vausebi
I did The Inter war years and Causes and Events of WW1, and yeah it went pretty well I guess...
Some of my answers could have been improved though...

i did the same, could u roughly maybe write out what u wrote for some of the questions..would be a great pleasure!thanks x
oh and what were last years grade boundaries for an A out of 81? what do you think it'll be this year..
Original post by AyshuPayshu
I did The cold war and Germany - Germany essay Q' was AMAZING !!1

The Bay of Pigs source was a bit iffy ... but overall i hope its good !!

scared for paper 2 thoo

what are the grade boundaries???????xx
Original post by EXAMS//2015
i did the same, could u roughly maybe write out what u wrote for some of the questions..would be a great pleasure!thanks x
oh and what were last years grade boundaries for an A out of 81? what do you think it'll be this year..

For the first question I wrote basically what you did and for the next one I wrote about upper silesia, Aaland islands, how the league helped soldiers from war, slaves, improved medication and the lives of people in regards to working and living conditions.
Also, for one of the questions towards the end about Haig, I wrote how his war tactics were out of date, and the great loss of lives could be seen as a failure. Although, one of the main aims of the the battle of the somme was to distract the enemy and Haig was successful in doing this, so he did in fact complete his aims.

Ummmm I honestly can't remember anything else SORRY!

EDIT: Oh, and June 2014's grade boundaries were:
67 marks for an A* and 60 for an A - I've just got these from the following link: http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/176543-unit-level-raw-mark-and-ums-grade-boundaries-june-2014.pdf
(edited 8 years ago)
what are the grade boundaries???????xx

no idea sorry :frown:
Original post by vausebi
For the first question I wrote basically what you did and for the next one I wrote about upper silesia, Aaland islands, how the league helped soldiers from war, slaves, improved medication and the lives of people in regards to working and living conditions.
Also, for one of the questions towards the end about Haig, I wrote how his war tactics were out of date, and the great loss of lives could be seen as a failure. Although, one of the main aims of the the battle of the somme was to distract the enemy and Haig was successful in doing this, so he did in fact complete his aims.

Ummmm I honestly can't remember anything else SORRY!

EDIT: Oh, and June 2014's grade boundaries were:
67 marks for an A* and 60 for an A - I've just got these from the following link: http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/176543-unit-level-raw-mark-and-ums-grade-boundaries-june-2014.pdf

oh thanks a lot it's fine yh i wrote similar! lets hope its enough.. what did u put for importance of americas entry?
and the source question where the kaiser hand his first placed on agadir?nd the boat with the kaiser standing up in it?
oh thanks a lot it's fine yh i wrote similar! lets hope its enough.. what did u put for importance of americas entry?
and the source question where the kaiser hand his first placed on agadir?nd the boat with the kaiser standing up in it?

For the importance of America's entry I wrote how the Germans were outnumbered, plus america is a powerful country and so could have brought along more efficient mechanized weapons.

For the source question, I just described the events at occurred during the Agadir crisis of 1911 and explained why the cartoonist drew that.

The boat one I completely messed up and wrote something about the alliance system or something do with the events occurring during the time the source was drawn/published.
Original post by vausebi
For the importance of America's entry I wrote how the Germans were outnumbered, plus america is a powerful country and so could have brought along more efficient mechanized weapons.

For the source question, I just described the events at occurred during the Agadir crisis of 1911 and explained why the cartoonist drew that.

The boat one I completely messed up and wrote something about the alliance system or something do with the events occurring during the time the source was drawn/published.

for the agadir question i mentioned the morrocon crisis of 1912, the second one where the kaiser sent a gunboat called the panther..is that wrong?:/:frown:

do u know what u were supposed to write..i think i messed that up too.. i put something about the kaiser playing a major role in causing tension etc?:/
for the agadir question i mentioned the morrocon crisis of 1912, the second one where the kaiser sent a gunboat called the panther..is that wrong?:/:frown:

do u know what u were supposed to write..i think i messed that up too.. i put something about the kaiser playing a major role in causing tension etc?:/

Yeah The second moroccan crisis and the Agadir crisis are the same thing I believe...(Basically about the panther)

I'm not sure what we were actually meant to write but I think but you wrote is acceptable and on the right track. So don't worry~
Original post by vausebi
Yeah The second moroccan crisis and the Agadir crisis are the same thing I believe...(Basically about the panther)

I'm not sure what we were actually meant to write but I think but you wrote is acceptable and on the right track. So don't worry~

i hope so! and oh right thanks, i hope you get what ur aiming for!
x
i hope so! and oh right thanks, i hope you get what ur aiming for!
x

Thank you and likewise~ :smile:
Original post by vausebi
Thank you and likewise~ :smile:

:smile: btw do u have any knowledge on Idi Amin? completely lost.
:smile: btw do u have any knowledge on Idi Amin? completely lost.

No sorry, is this for paper 2?
I'm doing Britain for that...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending