The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Poor finals set. Anti-climax.
Djokovic was just too good. Murray made too many unforced errors and his shot execution was very poor at times.
Wow what a choke from Williams! Still the favourite but to lose a set from 4-1 40-15 in a grand slam final is unheard of from her
Tough loss for Andy - amazed he managed to push it to 5 though.

And congrats to Serena for her 20th Slam
Original post by lizzy95
Wawrinka has won RG. Great fight from Murray but whoever wins will get smoked by Wawrinka in the final in max 4 sets
why don't you bet on it then if you're so sure? odds of 6.8 on betfair for wawrinka to win.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by snowman77
why don't you bet on it then if you're so sure? odds of 6.8 on betfair for wawrinka to win.

Never placed a bet in my life and not about to start, not my thing. :s-smilie:
Original post by lizzy95
Never placed a bet in my life and not about to start, not my thing. :s-smilie:
well you seem so sure that wawrinka will win, so why not place a bet? unless you're not actually so sure :wink:
well you seem so sure that wawrinka will win, so why not place a bet? unless you're not actually so sure :wink:

Well no one can be sure of anything, I don't have a crystal ball and tennis is as unpredictable as anything. My original comment was rash, to say the least and said when I thought that Djokovic had thrown the match away (Murray had all the momentum at the start of the 5th) in which case Murray would be easy pickings for Wawrinka or that Djokovic would scrap past Murray in a tight 5th draining him to the point that Wawrinka would stamp all over him in the final. Since Djokovic managed to pull out the win in a very one-sided 5th set he's not at such a heavy disadvantage and overcoming this adversity may serve him in good stead for a challenging match against Wawrinka, hence why in subsequent posts I said I now think it's 50-50
Can't see Stan knocking Djokovic over, he might get a set off him, that's it.
Original post by lizzy95
Well no one can be sure of anything, I don't have a crystal ball and tennis is as unpredictable as anything. My original comment was rash, to say the least and said when I thought that Djokovic had thrown the match away (Murray had all the momentum at the start of the 5th) in which case Murray would be easy pickings for Wawrinka or that Djokovic would scrap past Murray in a tight 5th draining him to the point that Wawrinka would stamp all over him in the final. Since Djokovic managed to pull out the win in a very one-sided 5th set he's not at such a heavy disadvantage and overcoming this adversity may serve him in good stead for a challenging match against Wawrinka, hence why in subsequent posts I said I now think it's 50-50
If you think it's 50-50, there is still huge value in backing Wawrinka at odds of 6.8. If you truly think Wawrinka has a 50% chance of winning, you would be happy with taking any odds above 2, and 6.8 is massively over 2.

Lets look at it another way - if we flipped a coin 1000 times and I gave you £10 every time it landed on heads, but you only had to give me £5 every time it landed on tails, you'd snap that offer up in an instant. So why aren't you betting on Wawrinka at odds of 6.8? Seems like a no brainer if his true chances of winning are 50%.
If you think it's 50-50, there is still huge value in backing Wawrinka at odds of 6.8. If you truly think Wawrinka has a 50% chance of winning, you would be happy with taking any odds above 2, and 6.8 is massively over 2.

Lets look at it another way - if we flipped a coin 1000 times and I gave you £10 every time it landed on heads, but you only had to give me £5 every time it landed on tails, you'd snap that offer up in an instant. So why aren't you betting on Wawrinka at odds of 6.8? Seems like a no brainer if his true chances of winning are 50%.

Why do you want her to bet so much

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Why do you want her to bet so much

Posted from TSR Mobile

My thoughts exactly...
Stan in 4 for me.. but nobody cares.

Gasquet is coming for you Wimbledon!
Stan right back into this, Djokovic's lose service games cost him in that set. Let's see who wants it more now...
yes stan the man takes the 2nd set, 1-1
Stan the man! Novak seems rattled.
One set a piece. Just started watching as was busy with Isle of Man tt races...

Posted from TSR Mobile
them winners in that game by Stan :dice:
Long way back for Novak now, Stan just too good right now
oh gawd that ripper round the net :coma:

Quick Reply

Latest