The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bateman93
Can I ask the people who've received offers, what time of day did you get the email or text?

I got mine on the 4th of June at 3.50, however this was just another confirmation because I was offered the role back in May
Reply 901
Original post by Bateman93
Can I ask the people who've received offers, what time of day did you get the email or text?

I received mine in the morning, sometime around 11am.
Reply 902
Still haven't had an email confirming my acceptance email was received... :s-smilie:
Just rang Capita having attended the assessment centre on the 23rd of April, to be told that just because we haven't heard anything yet, it doesn't mean we aren't successful as they are still awaiting results from some locations/frameworks apparently. A lot were sent out last week, but those who didn't hear back should expect to hear within the next 2 weeks?!! I was told 10 days two weeks ago!
Original post by redcarchadwood
Just rang Capita having attended the assessment centre on the 23rd of April, to be told that just because we haven't heard anything yet, it doesn't mean we aren't successful as they are still awaiting results from some locations/frameworks apparently. A lot were sent out last week, but those who didn't hear back should expect to hear within the next 2 weeks?!! I was told 10 days two weeks ago!

As I said, they haven't got a clue as to what is going on!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by redcarchadwood

Lord, I swear this is bare awkward man..I wanna give up on this job and be happy, but it keeps giving me hope..What's more awkward/weird as hell is the fact that I can find an advert on indeed.com for 4 out of the 5 frameworks but none of digital and technology(the one I applied for) so I'm just confused as hell..
Does anyone know how much we'll be getting paid - I didn't dare ask at the assessment centre! :biggrin:

Cheers
Original post by Ilereth
Still haven't had an email confirming my acceptance email was received... :s-smilie:

I accepted on Thursday and got nothing back so I rang this afternoon and the lady on the phone checked and they had got my email but were inundated with emails so hadn't had chance to read and reply to them all yet!
Original post by TomRedfearn
Does anyone know how much we'll be getting paid - I didn't dare ask at the assessment centre! :biggrin:

Cheers

Minimum of £19,500 dependant on department and location, so I'd expect the Northern cities and Scotland to be on the lower end of the scale and London to be on the higher end.

Where did you apply to?
Original post by AFellaW
Minimum of £19,500 dependant on department and location, so I'd expect the Northern cities and Scotland to be on the lower end of the scale and London to be on the higher end.

Where did you apply to?

Do you have any idea what the maximum would be? I'll probably be in London so just curious...
Original post by AFellaW

Where did you apply to?

Yorkshire so I'm hoping for Leeds - I just thought that seemed like a lot of money with the minimum wage for apprentices being £2.73 hr. I assumed, when I applied, that the £19,500 figure was once we'd fully qualified!
Original post by Clear1996
Do you have any idea what the maximum would be? I'll probably be in London so just curious...

Honestly, I've no idea cause it varies on department but look these are apparently the DWP pay scales image.jpghttp://www.pcs.org.uk/download.cfm?docid=E39CEC99-D738-45D0-9C32E953698D894D

And as we're joining at EO level, going of that an London salary would be £24k but I don't think we'll get £24k in an apprenticeship. Best just to wait and see what they offer us.
Reply 912
Original post by veggyem96
I accepted on Thursday and got nothing back so I rang this afternoon and the lady on the phone checked and they had got my email but were inundated with emails so hadn't had chance to read and reply to them all yet!

Ah ok, phew! I was worried, but I know I definitely sent the acceptance email so it wouldn't be any fault my end!
Original post by TomRedfearn
Yorkshire so I'm hoping for Leeds - I just thought that seemed like a lot of money with the minimum wage for apprentices being £2.73 hr. I assumed, when I applied, that the £19,500 figure was once we'd fully qualified!

No that will be the minimum starting salary as the normal EO wage range is £22,000 - £29,000 depending on location and experience.
Reply 914
Original post by AFellaW
Honestly, I've no idea cause it varies on department but look these are apparently the DWP pay scales image.jpghttp://www.pcs.org.uk/download.cfm?docid=E39CEC99-D738-45D0-9C32E953698D894D

And as we're joining at EO level, going of that an London salary would be £24k but I don't think we'll get £24k in an apprenticeship. Best just to wait and see what they offer us.

I was looking at reviews on ratemyapprenticeship, and I'm pretty sure that some of the London based apprentices said they were earning around £26k +
Original post by tarajs
I was looking at reviews on ratemyapprenticeship, and I'm pretty sure that some of the London based apprentices said they were earning around £26k +

Well if it's that high then it looks like I'm moving out, maybe that's after a year or two of experience though? Anyways it's probably best just to wait till it gets confirmed haha
Reply 916
Original post by AFellaW
Well if it's that high then it looks like I'm moving out, maybe that's after a year or two of experience though? Anyways it's probably best just to wait till it gets confirmed haha

Yeah, you're probably right! I just wish we wouldn't have to wait so long to hear all this information >.<
Original post by tarajs

I was looking on there too. Most people rate their apprenticeships pretty well, only bad thing they mention is poor tutoring/assessor support from Capita (no surprise there).

For London they seem to be earning £23k-£27k, which is actually not too bad. Makes me consider possibly moving to London instead of commuting, however I would still only be able to afford a flatshare.
Original post by rosschaps
I was looking on there too. Most people rate their apprenticeships pretty well, only bad thing they mention is poor tutoring/assessor support from Capita (no surprise there).

For London they seem to be earning £23k-£27k, which is actually not too bad. Makes me consider possibly moving to London instead of commuting, however I would still only be able to afford a flatshare.

Yeah a 1 bed/studio in a reasonable distance would be around £1000/pm, so a flat share would be the obvious choice but if you are planning to commute you need to weigh up the time and the cost of the commute as I wouldn't want a 2 hour commute each way but it depends on you really
Original post by rafanadal
Same here bud we need to go out and forget it all haaha :biggrin::wink:

Don't suppose you've heard anything yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending