The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lucydrysdale
Should be yes as that was what I was told in an email yesterday as they were just finalising everything yesterday with the organiser.

Exciting times! Disappointed by the lack of cyber guys on here!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who's business in London then?
Who's business in London then?

I am.
Original post by Urban_Spaceman
I am.

Which assessment centre did you go to?
Which assessment centre did you go to?

Friday 17th of April in London. You went to the Cardiff one did you say?

I put all my options for location as "London & Reading". Keeping fingers crossed for London. Nothing against the lovely city of Reading, but Jesus Christ please not Reading..
(edited 8 years ago)
Friday 17th of April in London. You went to the Cardiff one did you say?

I put all my options for location as "London & Reading". Keeping fingers crossed for London. Nothing against the lovely city of Reading, but Jesus Christ please not Reading..

No mine was in London. I want to be in Cardiff though, you won't be in reading unless you're doing the commericial one. The rest are all based throughout London departments. I would much rather be reading it's easier to get to from Cardiff every day. Only one train. Never works out that easy though
No mine was in London. I want to be in Cardiff though, you won't be in reading unless you're doing the commericial one. The rest are all based throughout London departments. I would much rather be reading it's easier to get to from Cardiff every day. Only one train. Never works out that easy though

I can sympathise. The way it stands I could very well be commuting 2hrs or so each way. Once everything is finalised I think it might be an idea for London-based people commuting in to have a think about the possibilities of flatshares etc. So far it seems like a number of us area bit stuffed in this regard.
Hi guys :smile: I am currently an AO in the Civil Service in London and have been commuting to work (1hr 30 each way). I've been successful in my application for the FTA Scheme this year and can safely say I do not want to be travelling 3 hours a day anymore! I will be looking for move to London for the start of this apprenticeship :smile:
Original post by redcarchadwood
I attended the Birmingham assessment centre on the 23rd. Were you morning or afternoon?
I've still not heard anything either :/

I was in the afternoon session, what about yourself?
I can sympathise. The way it stands I could very well be commuting 2hrs or so each way. Once everything is finalised I think it might be an idea for London-based people commuting in to have a think about the possibilities of flatshares etc. So far it seems like a number of us area bit stuffed in this regard.

It would be yeah they just haven't been very helpful in the sense I tried to change my location weeks ago
Is anybody business admin in Yorkshire?
It would be yeah they just haven't been very helpful in the sense I tried to change my location weeks ago

Hope you get the location you're after. Not long till we find out now.
Reply 952
I haven't heard much from anyone in the West Midlands region. Who has applied in the WM region and hasn't heard back since the AC?
Reply 953
Arghh the wait is killing me!

I'd like to think I've been waiting patiently since about February and over 3 months later I'd really appreciate finding out where I will be working and more importantly when I will be starting!! Just in case anyone from capita is reading this :smile:

Good luck to everyone who still hasn't heard! Fingers crossed this week will be the week everyone finds out!
Original post by srbd
Arghh the wait is killing me!

I'd like to think I've been waiting patiently since about February and over 3 months later I'd really appreciate finding out where I will be working and more importantly when I will be starting!! Just in case anyone from capita is reading this :smile:

Good luck to everyone who still hasn't heard! Fingers crossed this week will be the week everyone finds out!

Hopefully they've set it up to send the emails 5 past 5 after they've left the office.
Reply 955
Original post by AFellaW
Hopefully they've set it up to send the emails 5 past 5 after they've left the office.

Haha yeah so no one can call them! Although I've received emails off them at 6pm so not sure if it is actually a person sending it..
Original post by AFellaW
I would imagine it to be quite dear though, there was someone on here said a season ticket from Oxford was £5500 and that's only an hour journey!

Im the Oxford guy!
It is £4700 and £5500 with the underground.
for a coach, which is 20 minutes slower, it is £1100 excl underground, so Id be looking at £2000, but traffic is a huge factor. If we are earning as much as what some of the individuals are suggesting, I would consider a flat share with others alike I think.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by HarrisonLee26
Im the Oxford guy!
It is £4700 and £5500 with the underground.
for a coach, which is 20 minutes slower, it is £1100 excl underground, so Id be looking at 2k. If we are earning as much as what some of the individuals are suggesting, i woukd consider a flat share with others alike I think

You know if you could tolerate the coach and the delays that come with it £2k isn't that bad, I'm looking at £1500 just for London travel, albeit I'll be in zone 5 but still atleast you won't have rent to pay.
Original post by AFellaW
You know if you could tolerate the coach and the delays that come with it £2k isn't that bad, I'm looking at £1500 just for London travel, albeit I'll be in zone 5 but still atleast you won't have rent to pay.

Im really considering it as it is a significant saving! Just the traffic on the M40 can be a pain and also as I get towards Oxford Street and Victoria.
I think I can the underground from Notting Hill Gate though straight to Westminster which would be a life saver! How long woukd your commute be from zone 5?
Original post by HarrisonLee26
Im really considering it as it is a significant saving! Just the traffic on the M40 can be a pain and also as I get towards Oxford Street and Victoria.
I think I can the underground from Notting Hill Gate though straight to Westminster which would be a life saver! How long woukd your commute be from zone 5?

Door to door to Whitehall my commute is around 50 minutes, if you got on at Notting hill gate you could get on the circle or district line straight to Westminster.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending