The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL A2 BUSINESS STUDIES (Business and Econ)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nadi95
Thank you very much! This was so helpful of you! :smile: So basically you have to come up with possible questions the case studies could be about? Also for Section B, it's decision making right? So both essays are related to the case studies? Also if anyone knows how to access the case studies or could send them to me, it would be much appreciated as it's locked on the Pearson Edexcel website :frown:

I have sent you a private message with loads of resources including the case-study :smile:
How have you guys been revising for international business?
if anyone has any good revision resources for either of the a2 units feel free to share them :smile:
it'd be great if this thread could become like the science ones where loads of questions gets asked and answered and resources are shared
hi guys hws revision going so far for international businesses ?? has everyone done all the past papers in the previous years ?
What do we need to know about pressure groups?
I have a feeling they will come up as they haven't for ages
Reply 26
Original post by A level sufferer
Are we all ready for international business on Wednesday?

not really :')
I still struggle with writing things down efficiently without getting bogged down with how many details to include (trying not to get stuck on lower levels of grades)

I actually started a thread about unit 4, the centre parcs one, where I tried to piece some recent information of the company and its activities to try and get the analysis juices flowin'. Feel free to check it out and share your thoughts on it :smile:
Reply 27
Original post by Liverpool061897
What do we need to know about pressure groups?

with pressure groups I think you should evaluate how efficient they may be, the possible threat they may pose and then talk about how the companies can negate their activities (PR and CSR) but end your answer with an evaluation whether they would be effective against the company in question (for example if the company is say centre parcs, they care greatly about their brand image so they won't tolerate bad publicity but at the same time they have high CSR so a pressure group may not have great influence unless they are able to produce evidence against centre parcs for which it would be a PR disaster for the company)
but that's all my opinion :smile:
Original post by Mimu
not really :':wink:
I still struggle with writing things down efficiently without getting bogged down with how many details to include (trying not to get stuck on lower levels of grades)

I actually started a thread about unit 4, the centre parcs one, where I tried to piece some recent information of the company and its activities to try and get the analysis juices flowin'. Feel free to check it out and share your thoughts on it :smile:

Yeah i feel you, the only major issue for me is the time constraints, Although im better than last year (Where i could not finish a paper within the time) i dont have enough time to check my answers which is just poo tbh.

Hope we all do well tomorrow
Good Luck everyone, dont forget resources on my GetRevising account or private message me! Please be kind Edexcel!!
Original post by Mimu
with pressure groups I think you should evaluate how efficient they may be, the possible threat they may pose and then talk about how the companies can negate their activities (PR and CSR) but end your answer with an evaluation whether they would be effective against the company in question (for example if the company is say centre parcs, they care greatly about their brand image so they won't tolerate bad publicity but at the same time they have high CSR so a pressure group may not have great influence unless they are able to produce evidence against centre parcs for which it would be a PR disaster for the company)
but that's all my opinion :smile:

Okay cheers
Good luck to everyone tomorrow
I am so scared
Reply 33
Same here, i am not ready :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've just been looking at some grade boundaries and some years you could drop 22 marks and still get an A*!

Do you have to subscribe to access it?
How did everybody get on with Unit 3???

(I am aware this thread was intended for Unit 4... which im sure it will be after today!)
Original post by leemurphy1
How did everybody get on with Unit 3???

(I am aware this thread was intended for Unit 4... which im sure it will be after today!)

Question 8 confused me soo much otherwise the rest wasnt too bad. The 15 marker was really similar to last years so i just adapted the essay to suit this years. How did you find it?
Original post by A level sufferer
Question 8 confused me soo much otherwise the rest wasnt too bad. The 15 marker was really similar to last years so i just adapted the essay to suit this years. How did you find it?

I ran out of time for the final 15 mark question!!! I felt there was too much on India, there was no mention on the other BRIC countries at all... I felt like I was repeating myself alot

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending