The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MohamedH94
Hey peeps - I've been offered a digital & technology post but I applied for business admin.I think the only reason they have offered me the digital & technology one is because of the fact I have two A Levels in a STEM subject. However, I don't know anything about it or what it involves. So i was wondering if there is anyone on here who actually wanted it the Digital & Technology apprenticeship or who has also been offered it? And if they know what this apprenticeship actually involves and what the benefits are because I have a bad feeling it's just going to be providing basic IT support to civil servants...

https://www5.i-grasp.com/fe/apprenticeships.asp?newms=info2#D-T

I went for cyber security however I wouldn't mind digital and tech either but it looks as if it's software development (programming and such) and web development.
Reply 1041
Hi All

I had my assessment centre in Birmingham on Friday 15th May and found out I was successful the following Tuesday. I am also however still waiting to find out my location!
Original post by MohamedH94
Hey peeps - I've been offered a digital & technology post but I applied for business admin.I think the only reason they have offered me the digital & technology one is because of the fact I have two A Levels in a STEM subject. However, I don't know anything about it or what it involves. So i was wondering if there is anyone on here who actually wanted it the Digital & Technology apprenticeship or who has also been offered it? And if they know what this apprenticeship actually involves and what the benefits are because I have a bad feeling it's just going to be providing basic IT support to civil servants...

Seems like you got what I need haha..Tbh maintenance and stuff is a possibility, but it says on the website it's more software development based so maybe you'd be working on some smaller projects like making the civil service's application site for apprentices or making apps for your department for extrapolating data..It's not gonna be the harder/more important stuff that's critical to the government as that would be for the more experienced fast stream graduates with actual skill for the job I suppose..
Original post by Bailey1996
Has anyone from Milton Keynes/midlands heard back yet? I had my assessment day on the 29th of May and still waiting to hear back and was just wonering if anyone from this area has.

And well done everyone who has received job offers!

I had my assessment day on 12th May in Milton Keynes and haven't heard back yet.
Original post by Anne4G
That's good to know, thanks!
Good luck to you too 😊

Just to let you guys know that I have received an offer for the Operational Delivery Apprenticeship this afternoon, so they have finally started to give out results. It's been a very long wait!
I hope you hear from them soon, and good luck
Original post by JazChloe
Just to let you guys know that I have received an offer for the Operational Delivery Apprenticeship this afternoon, so they have finally started to give out results. It's been a very long wait!

Do your offers include location and department or is it like the Fast Track offers where it's just confirming you have a place?
Reply 1046

Congratulations it's good to see that they're finally sending out offers. What time did you receive the confirmation?
Original post by AFellaW
Do your offers include location and department or is it like the Fast Track offers where it's just confirming you have a place?

It did include location and department, which was nice to see. I thought after reading the stuff from the fast track guys that it would be another long wait until it was revealed!
It did include location and department, which was nice to see. I thought after reading the stuff from the fast track guys that it would be another long wait until it was revealed!

That's good to hear, hopefully us fast track applicants will find out departments tomorrow!
Original post by Jid12
Congratulations it's good to see that they're finally sending out offers. What time did you receive the confirmation?

Thank you
I've been keeping an eye on the thread for a couple of weeks to see if anyone had heard anything. The end is in sight for you! They emailed me at 16.08.
Thank you
I've been keeping an eye on the thread for a couple of weeks to see if anyone had heard anything. The end is in sight for you! They emailed me at 16.08.

Yeah it's been a long and tiring process but it'll be worth it in the end hopefully!
Reply 1051

I had an offer from them today too, how exciting! Congratulations 😊
Only just found this site. Really interesting reading thru. Ive been offerred fast track but havent heard anything since to offer email
Original post by ACF2015
Only just found this site. Really interesting reading thru. Ive been offerred fast track but havent heard anything since to offer email

Welcome! :smile:

As for Fast Track, some of us have been given offers, but none of us have received specifics like department or role yet. Hopefully this will come through soon, as a few of us were told we would hear by the 10th.

Also, some people are still waiting to hear back to see if they've been accepted/rejected. I hope they find out soon, the wait must be dreadful!
Good to hear people have heard on the Operational Delivery Apprenticeship now,hopefully I'll hear back tommorow,but at least I know I should have an answer within the next week or so and that were nearly at the end of this proccess now.
Reply 1055
Anyone know how they are sending the offers out for the op delivery apprenticeship. Are they being done by location or assessment centre score?
Thanks. Thats great to know so im not the only one who doesnt know where, what or when !!i got my offer last week but it just said the recruitment team will contact you in the near future. I havent told anyone yet about the offer as i want to make sure it all happens so keeping it all crossed.
Reply 1057

Would you mind telling me which department they placed you in?
Reply 1058
Original post by G3251
Anyone know how they are sending the offers out for the op delivery apprenticeship. Are they being done by location or assessment centre score?

Im not sure, I did my assessment in Manchester and have been offered a place in Liverpool if that helps, where did you apply for?
Reply 1059
Same, I did mine in Manchester but my first choice was bootle with Liverpool second. Hopefully I will hear tomorrow. What department did you get?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending