The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE RS part D

Hi!
Could anyone give me an example of a GCSE RS part d response? This is always the question I lose the most marks on.
For part d questions I usually do 3 points spilt into 3 separate paragraphs. My general structure is point, evidence (such as a teaching/bible quote) and then an explanation. It is a good idea to cover three different (Christian - if that is the religion you studied) opinions if the question is something like 'Explain Christians attitudes to...'.Hope this helps and let me know if you need any more advice!
(d) Explain why a place of worship is important to the Christian community (6 marks)

Mark Scheme
Attachment not found

Model Answer:
The place of worship is vital to the Christian community for a range of reasons. Firstly, it is the center of the communication where the vicar can minister to his congregation - the people who have assembled for the service - as well as the wider community in which he will lead the service whilst offering advice where needed. Another reasons why is it a vital place for the Christian community is because services may be held there such as baptism and marriage which marks a milestone in life. In addition, the church is the center of Christian worship where the community come together to worship and partake in sacraments such as Eucharist and it is also where the festivals and services are celebrated for the religion. It can also play a vital part in the community such as young children and adults may join groups which are hosted at the church such as Scouts as well as bringing the town together in times of fear.

Edit: I don't know if I got confused with exam boards.
Original post by thepurplerain
For part d questions I usually do 3 points spilt into 3 separate paragraphs. My general structure is point, evidence (such as a teaching/bible quote) and then an explanation. It is a good idea to cover three different (Christian - if that is the religion you studied) opinions if the question is something like 'Explain Christians attitudes to...'.Hope this helps and let me know if you need any more advice!

Thanks for your help! Do you think you could just clarify what you mean by an explanation? I get very confused by this part of the PEE structure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you for your help!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nogginthenog2000
Thanks for your help! Do you think you could just clarify what you mean by an explanation? I get very confused by this part of the PEE structure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The explanation is where you explain what the evidence means, basically rephrasing it. For example
St. Paul wrote, "The sexually immoral will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven." The 'sexuallly immoral' includes that who commit adultery and therefore adultery is a serious sin, as it will prevent you from getting to Heaven.

Quick Reply

Latest