The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1620
Had an email today saying I should've heard from my department by now and if not to email them back. Anyone else has this email?
Went to my possible (I say possible as its confirmed as long as my checks come back OK) placement today to hand in my health forms, various ID check forms and a photo (for an ID I think). The DBS check for HMRC is being done online, I was told I would get an email early next week with all the info and a link to fill in the online form.

I was given a tour around the various office sections that I could be working within (there are 2 floors and various sections dealing with different things), and I was told the likely start date as being the 7th of September (this is as long as all the DBS check comes back in time).

One thing that surprised me was the dress code considering its a gov department office based job, it was very casual in that it seems like jeans and t-shirts are allowed as loads of people where wearing things like that (unless this was some sort of casual day). When I worked with the Manchester Council a few years ago (as part of the future jobs fund scheme), despite the fact the office I was in had no customer face to face dealings it was a requirement to wear shoes, trousers and a shirt (if you are male).

Anyways, it was nice to see the placement and meet the various people in charge and see what I could be doing, hopefully the checks come back OK (I will be shocked if they don't) and I get to start on the 7th of Sept.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1622
Original post by nd1986
Had an email today saying I should've heard from my department by now and if not to email them back. Anyone else has this email?

Yeah i got that email, i think it was sent to everyone.
Reply 1623
Original post by ZiggyMoff
Went to my possible (I say possible as its confirmed as long as my checks come back OK) placement today to hand in my health forms, various ID check forms and a photo (for an ID I think). The DBS check for HMRC is being done online, I was told I would get an email early next week with all the info and a link to fill in the online form.

I was given a tour around the various office sections that I could be working within (there are 2 floors and various sections dealing with different things), I was told the likely start date as being the 7th of September (this is as long as all the DBS check comes back in time).

One thing that surprised me was the dress code considering its a gov department office based job, it was very casual in that it seems like jeans and t-shirts are allowed as loads of people where wearing things like that (unless this was some sort of casual day). When I worked with the Manchester Council a few years ago (as part of the future jobs fund scheme), despite the fact the office I was in had no customer face to face dealings it was a requirement to wear shoes, trousers and a shirt (if you are male).

Anyways, it was nice to see the placement and meet the various people in charge and see what I could be doing - hopefully the checks come back OK (I will be shocked if they don't) and I get to start on the 7th of Sept.

I think it was probably casual friday, a lot of workplaces do this.
Original post by NH99
I think it was probably casual friday, a lot of workplaces do this.

Yeah, probably, i never asked as it just seemed weird to say something like "the way people are dressed, is this the dress code????". I'm sure if it was casual day, they will tell me before i start.
Reply 1625
Original post by ZiggyMoff
Yeah, probably, i never asked as it just seemed weird to say something like "the way people are dressed, is this the dress code????". I'm sure if it was casual day, they will tell me before i start.

Yeah, at least you know where you are going to be placed, i still have had nothing back.
Reply 1626
Original post by nd1986

Yep, I had that email today. Quite relieved as that's the 1st I've heard since 4th June. I replied and fingers crossed I'll find out my location and department soon!
Reply 1627
Lower grades (AA-AO) wear casual cloths. O bands tend to wear smarter clothes, however, there's nothing to say they can't wear jeans and a t shirt too
No actual way, just got accepted onto the fast track apprenticeship scheme!! :smile:

Don't know my department or location yet, can't wait to hear back on it tho. So happy I dropped my phone when I read the email ahaha, don't have to go to university now either which is great for me.
Does anyone know how likely it is that they would be willing to change your location? Today I have been informed of location and department, but the location is so far away there would be 6 hours of travelling, unreasonably high transport costs - not to mention that due to the times that the trains run I physically wouldn't be able to get there until after 9am.
Original post by B Rabbit 313
Does anyone know how likely it is that they would be willing to change your location? Today I have been informed of location and department, but the location is so far away there would be 6 hours of travelling, unreasonably high transport costs - not to mention that due to the times that the trains run I physically wouldn't be able to get there until after 9am.

I was originally provisionally placed to Leeds but I stated that I had asked for north east. I'm now provisionally placed in Newcastle for dwp business admin in fraud error and debt
Awww that ministry of justice role sounds right up my street!! But I got placed in department of energy and climate change.. anyone else there?

Original post by lolsl1
Just received an email telling me I have been placed in the ministry of justice and have been assigned to the national offenders management service, however a person I emailed the other day from the DWP told me I had been placed there - clearly they aren't entirely sure themselves!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1632
Original post by MrsMakaveli
Awww that ministry of justice role sounds right up my street!! But I got placed in department of energy and climate change.. anyone else there?

Yeah I was happy with it, but it's quite scary considering I've been told I'm placed in a prison 😂 that sounds interesting as well though, And even if you don't like it I'm sure eventually you would be able to change department. Im also pretty sure I saw someone else comment a while ago saying that they had been placed in that department... Unless that was you? Hahaha
(edited 8 years ago)
Blackpool anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1634
Original post by nd1986

Yes I got this email. I replied to the email address given but heard back yet. I'm a bit more relaxed now I've had some contact.
Original post by lr1990
Yes I got this email. I replied to the email address given but heard back yet. I'm a bit more relaxed now I've had some contact.

I haven't even received that email? Could anyone give me the email address it came from? Getting really stressed out now haha
Original post by nutter_butter93
I haven't even received that email? Could anyone give me the email address it came from? Getting really stressed out now haha

"However if this is not the case and you have not received information about the post or pre-appointment process I would be grateful if you could let me know on my email address [email protected]"

That's the one I got, although I've already received pre-appointment info

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Original post by Suauk123
"However if this is not the case and you have not received information about the post or pre-appointment process I would be grateful if you could let me know on my email address [email protected]"

That's the one I got, although I've already received pre-appointment info

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Thank you I'll send her an email and see if I get any response !
Hi guys, is this email for Fast Track or Operational Delivery Scheme. I've had an email saying I've been placed in HMRC in Manchester but nothing since and that was a month ago!
Just want to speak to someone to find out approx start date as I have a holiday coming up and don't know whether to go if it will clash with start dates?
Original post by nutter_butter93
Thank you I'll send her an email and see if I get any response !
Reply 1639
just received an email saying that i have been placed in HMRC but don't know location. Is anyone else from Scotland been placed in HMRC?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending