The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pinkteddyx64
Can I electrocute him because I just heard "Nothings Gonna Stop Us Now" being played? :biggrin:

Yes; also bill him for any damages caused if the station failed to "segue" the song correctly! :smile:
Original post by AngryJellyfish

+1 rep coming your way! :yep: :wink:
Original post by spotify95
Yes; also bill him for any damages caused if the station failed to "segue" the song correctly! :smile:

Actually it was being played during a news report about a football team playing in Austria! :wink:

But if it was Lincs FM playing the song and they failed to segue the song like you said, could I smash the playout equipment with a hammer and invoice James_W for a whole new studio? :wink:
Can I bill James_W for a new laptop if Windows 10 installs on my parents' laptop, but there is an error and we have to reinstall windows 8?

Furthermore, I will be participating in a "garage sale" later on next month. It costs £5 to enter into this sale and set up a stall. If I don't even make my £5 back (let alone make a profit), what can we do to James_W?
:yep:

Throw him down a deep well and cover up the top! :yep:
Actually it was being played during a news report about a football team playing in Austria! :wink:

But if it was Lincs FM playing the song and they failed to segue the song like you said, could I smash the playout equipment with a hammer and invoice James_W for a whole new studio? :wink:

Oh okay, and yes you certainly could! :smile:

Except maybe salvage anything that I could use in making my own radio station :yep:
Oh okay, and yes you certainly could! :smile:

Except maybe salvage anything that I could use in making my own radio station :yep:

And if on DS Radiogram said that he hated your radio station, can we make him sleep sleep in a cage with tigers and lions? :wink:
And if on DS Radiogram said that he hated your radio station, can we make him sleep sleep in a cage with tigers and lions? :wink:

Yes please do - he'd probably say that I was segueing my songs wrong, when in actuality I was using the correct segue points!

After all, who wants half a Starship? I don't! :angry:
(edited 8 years ago)
:yep:

Throw him down a deep well and cover up the top! :yep:

Can we do the same thing to Toby Anstis (from Heart)?
Can we do the same thing to Toby Anstis (from Heart)?

Sure. :h: :yep:

Can I lauch a rocket through that nightmare Poundstretcher store with the faulty lighting because on average New York City has more friendlier people than here in the UK from my personal experience? :sadnod: :cry:

Can I lauch a rocket through that nightmare Poundstretcher store with the faulty lighting because on average New York City has more friendlier people than here in the UK from my personal experience? :sadnod: :cry:

Friendlier than who, exactly?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup :smile: :yep:

Has that Poundstretcher store improved recently? Has the lighting got any better?

We had a faulty fluoro in our garage which I thought had let go, turns out that the problem wasn't to do with the ballast, which is what we thought - the starter motor had let go, so replacing the starter was easy! :smile:

Most of the lamps in that store could get away with new lamps and starters, but there might be a few replacement ballasts needed. :frown:

Btw, if the DMU university gave me the MHs (that I pictured on TBAAJ) when they are replaced by LED, who can we bill for replacement parts? The G12 MH lamps cost anywhere from £6 upwards on eBay, I don't know about the capacitors, and I don't know if there are even compatible ballasts being sold!

If I did inherit these MHs chances are it'd cost more money to fix the lights up to working standard, than the lights would be worth to sell :frown:

In these circumstances, would it be better to:
a) Repair all the lamps, caps, ballasts and possibly ignitors (despite the cost) and sell them all in working condition
b) try and get as many working fittings from the faulty fittings, buy some new G12 lamps (if needed) and sell the faulty fittings (in need of total replacement internals, such as caps and ballasts) as for parts or not working
c) Sell the lamps "as is", with only 5 of the 32 fittings in working condition, and the rest as parts or not working - despite some fittings only requiring a relamp (of course the other 20-odd would need capacitors or ballasts).

Edit: Apparently the capacitor I need is a 400V, 8 microfarad capacitor. Or possibly even a "12 uF Lighting Capacitor". Cost: £4.20
Edit 2: Here we go, a replacement ballast (don't know whether this will fit or not!) will cost £14 + VAT. Imagine doing that to 20+ fittings!!!!
Edit 3: Apparently the G12 70W lamps are £13.50 + VAT. Should be able to get them cheaper off ebay.
Edit 4: Apparently, these fittings need an "igniter" as well. Who knows, these may have been the reason why the lights don't work, and not the ballasts... particularly if they have had "cycling" issues (turn on, then turn off).
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by panda14
Friendlier than who, exactly?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just people in general. :frown:
Yup :smile: :yep:

Has that Poundstretcher store improved recently? Has the lighting got any better?

We had a faulty fluoro in our garage which I thought had let go, turns out that the problem wasn't to do with the ballast, which is what we thought - the starter motor had let go, so replacing the starter was easy! :smile:

Most of the lamps in that store could get away with new lamps and starters, but there might be a few replacement ballasts needed. :frown:

Btw, if the DMU university gave me the MHs (that I pictured on TBAAJ) when they are replaced by LED, who can we bill for replacement parts? The G12 MH lamps cost anywhere from £6 upwards on eBay, I don't know about the capacitors, and I don't know if there are even compatible ballasts being sold!

If I did inherit these MHs chances are it'd cost more money to fix the lights up to working standard, than the lights would be worth to sell :frown:

In these circumstances, would it be better to:
a) Repair all the lamps, caps, ballasts and possibly ignitors (despite the cost) and sell them all in working condition
b) try and get as many working fittings from the faulty fittings, buy some new G12 lamps (if needed) and sell the faulty fittings (in need of total replacement internals, such as caps and ballasts) as for parts or not working
c) Sell the lamps "as is", with only 5 of the 32 fittings in working condition, and the rest as parts or not working - despite some fittings only requiring a relamp (of course the other 20-odd would need capacitors or ballasts).

No it hasn't. :unimpressed: Can we bill James_W for a whole new store? :biggrin:

Bill crumbs for the replacement parts! :yep: :biggrin:
No it hasn't. :unimpressed: Can we bill James_W for a whole new store? :biggrin:

Bill crumbs for the replacement parts! :yep: :biggrin:

Yeah, that store needs demolishing and a better store building. :smile:

Will do, if I am able to get the fittings. I have edited my post for a list of prices for caps, ballasts and lamps and it doesn't look cheap :sadnod:

Latest