The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Did Nadine mean 29th July ie tomorrow (Wednesday) or is it more likely she means the end of the week on Friday??

Original post by JLaws
I got an email from Nadine at around 9pm last night:
"My records indicate that you have been posted to a business admin role in HMRC in the Wales hub. I have copied to the departmental lead who should be in touch shortly.As is the case with large recruitment campaigns, it is likely that the departmental lead is busy working on this - as such I would be grateful if you could be patient and wait for contact. If you have not heard anything by 29 July please let me know,"It's all very exciting as hopefully bu the end of this week I'll have a start date!
Reply 1661
Original post by Hsmith96
Did Nadine mean 29th July ie tomorrow (Wednesday) or is it more likely she means the end of the week on Friday??

Well she said the 29th, so if I don't hear anything by the end of tomorrow I'll send and email. Will keep you posted of the outcome though.
I've just got a response from Nadine, apparently they have been sending emails to me to the wrong address which I updated with them over a month ago. And they're still matching me with a role. This whole process just seems a bit of a joke to be honest!
Reply 1663
I know people won't want to give this, but has any one in London been told what their salary might be? I've got to let my landlord know asap so I can have an apartment to live in! I'm business admin in dwp.
Reply 1664
Original post by lr1990
I know people won't want to give this, but has any one in London been told what their salary might be? I've got to let my landlord know asap so I can have an apartment to live in! I'm business admin in dwp.

On a FoI form it states the pay is 24,000-28,000 for inner London apprentices. Just out of curiosity, have you been placed at the main headquarters in London?
Reply 1665
Original post by lolsl1
On a FoI form it states the pay is 24,000-28,000 for inner London apprentices. Just out of curiosity, have you been placed at the main headquarters in London?

Thanks for the info.
I'm not sure yet, in an email Nadine said the "London Hub" and that I will be contacted by my Department Lead asap.
Original post by lr1990
Thanks for the info.
I'm not sure yet, in an email Nadine said the "London Hub" and that I will be contacted by my Department Lead asap.

I was placed in the London hub and am now moving to Wales, after finally getting some help! My salary was 21,875 for outside London and 23,700 (roughly) for London work. Hope this helps!
Original post by JLaws
I got an email from Nadine at around 9pm last night:
"My records indicate that you have been posted to a business admin role in HMRC in the Wales hub. I have copied to the departmental lead who should be in touch shortly.As is the case with large recruitment campaigns, it is likely that the departmental lead is busy working on this - as such I would be grateful if you could be patient and wait for contact. If you have not heard anything by 29 July please let me know,"It's all very exciting as hopefully bu the end of this week I'll have a start date!

Do you know where abouts this office is in Wales as Nadine is helping me relocate and was wondering if this is in Cardiff?
I've heard back from Nadine too, just the same message everyone else has received, except I'm in HMRC in Yorkshire/Humber. As far as I can see it looks like the HMRC people have been the last to hear back! It's been so frustrating waiting for contact, and embarrassing when I have to admit I still don't know what I'm doing!

I vaguely remember reading somewhere the salary for HMRC Fast Track apprentices was a bit higher than other departments, could anyone confirm this for me?
Reply 1669
Original post by Lucydrysdale
Do you know where abouts this office is in Wales as Nadine is helping me relocate and was wondering if this is in Cardiff?

I'm guessing the HMRC role will be in the Ty Glas office just outside of Cardiff. No confirmation about where and when as yet. If you're placed in a different department though might not be Cardiff, could be Newport or Swansea?
Original post by JLaws
I'm guessing the HMRC role will be in the Ty Glas office just outside of Cardiff. No confirmation about where and when as yet. If you're placed in a different department though might not be Cardiff, could be Newport or Swansea?

Must be frustrating still not knowing location, I'm finding it hard enough trying to relocate to Wales as it is due to lack of communication. That's alright Newport or Swansea is not to far anyway, one stop either way on the train as I'll be living central Cardiff! Hope I get a place there, much rather it to London!
Reply 1671
Received an email today telling me I've been placed in DWP, confirming the salary and briefly stating about the week in London :smile:
Reply 1672
Original post by acr97
Received an email today telling me I've been placed in DWP, confirming the salary and briefly stating about the week in London :smile:

Were you given your job role? I've been given my location and department (DWP) but hoping to get details of job role and salary soon.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1673
Original post by LolaRaptor
I've heard back from Nadine too, just the same message everyone else has received, except I'm in HMRC in Yorkshire/Humber. As far as I can see it looks like the HMRC people have been the last to hear back! It's been so frustrating waiting for contact, and embarrassing when I have to admit I still don't know what I'm doing!

I vaguely remember reading somewhere the salary for HMRC Fast Track apprentices was a bit higher than other departments, could anyone confirm this for me?

For HMRC: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/89045/salary-details-notes.pdf

Officer National
£22,669 (min)
£26,227 (max)

Officer London
£26,094 (min)
£30,331 (max)

Which seems to be higher than quite alot of departments.
Original post by Mumin
For HMRC: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/89045/salary-details-notes.pdf

Officer National
£22,669 (min)
£26,227 (max)

Officer London
£26,094 (min)
£30,331 (max)

Which seems to be higher than quite alot of departments.

are those the salaries for fast trackers though? I hope so:smile:
Is the week in London for all FT apprentices or just DWP? Could I ask when it is and what it entails? Thank you :smile:
Original post by LolaRaptor
Is the week in London for all FT apprentices or just DWP? Could I ask when it is and what it entails? Thank you :smile:

further to this, is the week in London for everyone, (all locations and deppartments)? or just London Fast trackers of all departments?
Original post by arnie118
further to this, is the week in London for everyone, (all locations and deppartments)? or just London Fast trackers of all departments?

Some people have had inductions that lasted 2 hours roughly, I think the week in London is after we start where we all meet each other etc. not entirely sure, but I'm sure this is what was said on the Twitter page!
Anyone still not heard anything? Getting so annoyed now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Habanna
Anyone still not heard anything? Getting so annoyed now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Been posted on Facebook that Nadine will not be replying to any emails this week as she is finalising those who still need a department. If you have not heard a department or rough location, assume she is prioritising you and you may hear this week or if not will definitely be next.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending