The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kay1995
Has anyone been placed at the ministry of justice on business admin? :smile:

In london
Original post by ZiggyMoff
The person i met with was going to be off for 2 weeks starting from last Monday, so she won't be back until the 10th of August.

I emailed her address in the hope it was being watched by someone else (it is a work email after all), I've emailed the csr.jobs@hmrc email that's on a DBS form i was given, i called the 2 HMRC numbers directly for the building i attended and both are always constantly engaged (and i don't have a lot of income to keep trying), I've called the number i was given to actually call if there was an issue and it just has a "this number isn't in use" message.

Worse case i guess is that if i don't have it by the 10th of August i can hopefully get it sorted quick enough for the 7th Sept start date (the DBS turnaround is meant to be about 20 days).

you've done all you can then I suppose. you didn't happen to meet an 'emma ball' by any chance? I've been told she will contact me. Maybe shes the one that's off and I could be waiting a while longer! frustrating, good to hear that it should all be done within 20days though. Gives us a few days to play with!
Original post by MrDC
Thanks for reminding me of that! Got my email yesterday but just found it now.

Aha no problem, I'm glad you've got it, now you can get it all sorted.
Original post by arnie118
you've done all you can then I suppose. you didn't happen to meet an 'emma ball' by any chance? I've been told she will contact me. Maybe shes the one that's off and I could be waiting a while longer! frustrating, good to hear that it should all be done within 20days though. Gives us a few days to play with!

No, i met with a woman called Andrea, i never met anyone called Emma. I was told they are spread over 2 floors though, so Emma could be from the other floor i didn't go to.
Has anyone not heard anything since the assessment day? I had mine in April, they said they'd let me know in June but I still haven't heard anything, no e-mail, phone call. What do I do????
Original post by ketp2008
Has anyone not heard anything since the assessment day? I had mine in April, they said they'd let me know in June but I still haven't heard anything, no e-mail, phone call. What do I do????

I hadn't heard anything either up until last Friday when I got an email saying I had been successful :smile: Just waiting on location and department now, cross fingers I will get Cyber security in Milton Keynes!

Good luck to you though.
Original post by Bailey1996
I hadn't heard anything either up until last Friday when I got an email saying I had been successful :smile: Just waiting on location and department now, cross fingers I will get Cyber security in Milton Keynes!

Good luck to you though.

Thank you so much! I am getting really worried though because I really have not had anything. Do you think I should email someone and ask what on earth is going on or just wait a bit more?
Does anyone know when we are likely to be contacted if we have been successful but not yet heard from department or any information about our role? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Habanna
Does anyone know when we are likely to be contacted if we have been successful but not yet heard from department or any information about our role? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Next week is most likely.
Has anyone been placed for business admin in department of education London?
Has anyone been placed in the department of education London for business admin?
Original post by cpalser
Has anyone been placed in the department of education London for business admin?

Yes I have, exactly the same!
Oh good! I was starting to think I was the only one! Have you heard anything since they told you the start date?
Original post by cpalser
Oh good! I was starting to think I was the only one! Have you heard anything since they told you the start date?

You're the first I've heard that's in London for dfe aswell! Nope, found out my start date just over a week ago and had nothing since, have you?
Original post by Anna1201
You're the first I've heard that's in London for dfe aswell! Nope, found out my start date just over a week ago and had nothing since, have you?

No that's the same as me, haven't heard anything else either!
I've just sent yet another email off to Nadine as I'm now getting more frustrated by the day. This process seems to be a farce, lets hope the scheme itself is much better than their organisation so far.
People are so in the dark about things, not even knowing where they will be placed yet, and then there are others who have been to the new work place, drinks with their team etc.
Someone mentioned going to London for 2 days induction process in mid Sept. At this rate half of us wont even have our security checks done by then!!
I've just sent yet another email off to Nadine as I'm now getting more frustrated by the day. This process seems to be a farce, lets hope the scheme itself is much better than their organisation so far.
People are so in the dark about things, not even knowing where they will be placed yet, and then there are others who have been to the new work place, drinks with their team etc.
Someone mentioned going to London for 2 days induction process in mid Sept. At this rate half of us wont even have our security checks done by then!!

I've emailed her as well but doubt we'll get a response. have you still yet to hear anything about location and department? it's frustrating because I don't even know whether I will be able to accept, it depends on the location! Just keep getting told to be patient but it has been 2 months since I was given an offer and its getting to be less than a month before we are expected to start!
I've just got an email of Nadine confirming there are no roles for me in Wales and so I assume this means my place will be in London. So if any Welsh apprentices happen to want to be in London and have been placed in Wales I'm more than happy to swap!! Fingers crossed as I have been placed in London due to the fault of their own and it's making my life VERY difficult.

I completely agree, this process is a bit of a joke. The only information I have had is my framework and that I was successful at the AC. So poorly organised, I wouldn't be surprised if the people that were unsuccessful didn't even know yet! If I'm not told this week I don't even know what I'm going to do because I need a plan set in stone for sept!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just received an email from Nadine stating that there was still no update but she hopes to be in touch soon. Does that mean that I don't even have a post? Could be a chance I don't even get one. total joke

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending