The Student Room Group

Aqa a level psychology

Has anyone done this course who wouldnt mind me asking a few questions?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Don't do it !!!
Reply 3
Original post by SamuelSingleton
Don't do it !!!

It's not that bad :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gee1234
It's not that bad :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh god both specs are just awful, tedious boring not even psychology, psychology ! did you do spec A or B?
Reply 5
Original post by SamuelSingleton
oh god both specs are just awful, tedious boring not even psychology, psychology ! did you do spec A or B?

I did spec A, and I thought it really wasn't that bad aside from Unit 4 because you just had to learn it :smile: Saying that, some of it was tedious, you're right. Which one did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gee1234
I did spec A, and I thought it really wasn't that bad aside from Unit 4 because you just had to learn it :smile: Saying that, some of it was tedious, you're right. Which one did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i did psya1 and psya2 (loved it) SWITCHED BOARDS to psyb3 psyb4 (hated it!!) psyb3 was child development allllllllllll over again (bowlby and genie etc) + research methods + debates !! the tedious tedious debates and research approaches my lord, never want to hear about psychology again
Reply 7
I did it! Loved every second of doing it :smile:
Reply 8
I was meant to have asked has anyone done A level psychology and physics? Oops
Original post by Shamim1
Has anyone done this course who wouldnt mind me asking a few questions?

I did OCR, not helpful I know
AQA - spec A Psychology is all good until you get to PSYA3.

I got 97% at AS and yet PSYA3 almost killed me. It made me physically ill the days leading up to the exam and had i been less lucky in regards to the questions I could easily have walked away with an E.

That being said, correct me if I'm wrong, I was under the impression the spec was being changed COMPLETELY this year? Because they're stopping AS exams and instead you're sitting exams after 2 years? If that's the case, nothing we're saying means anything. :colondollar:Sorry.
I've just finished AQA Psychology A, predicted an A* :woo:
Feel free to ask any questions :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by prophetkid

Me too ;D

Which topics did you do?

PSYA3; Aggression, Eating and Sleep
PSYA4; Schizophrenia, Addiction and RM
Original post by Klatie
Me too ;D

Which topics did you do?

PSYA3; Aggression, Eating and Sleep
PSYA4; Schizophrenia, Addiction and RM

Oooh I did similar topics :biggrin:

Unit 3: Eating, Aggression, Relationships
Unit 4: RM, Schizophrenia, Media
Reply 14
Oooh I did similar topics :biggrin:

Unit 3: Eating, Aggression, Relationships
Unit 4: RM, Schizophrenia, Media

What was relationships and media like? Also what did you think of the papers ):smile:
Reply 15
May I ask what grade you got at AS?
Original post by KarmaRocket
AQA - spec A Psychology is all good until you get to PSYA3.

I got 97% at AS and yet PSYA3 almost killed me. It made me physically ill the days leading up to the exam and had i been less lucky in regards to the questions I could easily have walked away with an E.

That being said, correct me if I'm wrong, I was under the impression the spec was being changed COMPLETELY this year? Because they're stopping AS exams and instead you're sitting exams after 2 years? If that's the case, nothing we're saying means anything. :colondollar:Sorry.
Reply 16

Congrats, that's impressive :smile: may I ask how many essays did you do and how much of your overall AS / A LEVEL grade do they contribute to?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Shamim1
May I ask what grade you got at AS?

An A because they don't do A*s at AS. I got 96% in Unit 1 and 98% in Unit 2. :smile:
Original post by Klatie
What was relationships and media like? Also what did you think of the papers ):smile:

Relationships is so dull and media is just, social learning theory tailored to different aspects, really easy.
I found the exams alright :smile: loved the new unit 4 paper we were given after it was stolen!
How did you find the papers?
Reply 19
Original post by KarmaRocket
An A because they don't do A*s at AS. I got 96% in Unit 1 and 98% in Unit 2. :smile:

That's excellent, well done! What were your other three a levels, assuming you did 4?

Quick Reply

Latest