The Student Room Group

Obama: vote no is war with iran-- Israel angry

I salute Obama for standing up to israel with a pragmatic solution. The state of israel is constantly firing with war and it somehow thinks it has the right to dictate what iran can and cannot do when it has nuclear weapons and is not a signature of the npt (unlike iran) why is israel allowed to get away with this fear mongery?

Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-33792567

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
President Obama has been excellent in standing up to the warmongers in the US Congress and in Israel when it comes to Iran. Opponents of the nuclear deal claim to want peace, but they've not been able to offer a single alternative to the deal, apart from further aggressive platitudes.

He's right: these are the same people who were cheerleaders for the illegal war in Iraq.

Those who oppose this deal in the United States, particularly conservatives, probably have more in common with the theocrats in Iran than they realise. Perhaps they should find a spot and rant to each other about how this deal is terrible, and maybe talk about how "religious values" are being violated by poisonous atheism.
Original post by viddy9
President Obama has been excellent in standing up to the warmongers in the US Congress and in Israel when it comes to Iran. Opponents of the nuclear deal claim to want peace, but they've not been able to offer a single alternative to the deal, apart from further aggressive platitudes.

He's right: these are the same people who were cheerleaders for the illegal war in Iraq.

Those who oppose this deal in the United States, particularly conservatives, probably have more in common with the theocrats in Iran than they realise. Perhaps they should find a spot and rant to each other about how this deal is terrible, and maybe talk about how "religious values" are being violated by poisonous atheism.

Too right! Netanyahu is pushing AIPAC and the influencial Jewish American lobby to pressure the deal for it to fail. Netanyahu's rubbish 'iran is a few montjs away from the bomb' has been regurgitated for several decades. How can people take him seriously. I guess obama has come to his sences and understands diplomacy is the way forward as war in iran is simply suicide for the whole world. And i agree republicans and iranian theocrats are two sides of the same coin
His hand in vetoing any resolution mandating the creation of a Palestinian state this year made him look like a puppet.

But I guess the strings are being severed day-by-day. My stance with Iran is similar to innocent until proven guilty.
I wonder if Israel's anger has anything to do with the book that Iran's supreme leader has just released, detailing the destruction of Israel.

While Secretary of State John Kerry and President Obama do their best to paper over the brutality of the Iranian regime and force through a nuclear agreement, Iran’s religious leader has another issue on his mind: The destruction of Israel.

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has published a new book called “Palestine,” a 416-page screed against the Jewish state. A blurb on the back cover credits Khamenei as “The flagbearer of Jihad to liberate Jerusalem.”

A friend sent me a copy from Iran, the only place the book is currently available, though an Arabic translation is promised soon.

Obama administration officials likely hope that no American even hears about it.

Khamenei makes his position clear from the start: Israel has no right to exist as a state.

He uses three words. One is “nabudi,” which means “annihilation.” The other is “imha,” which means “fading out,” and, finally, there is “zaval,” meaning “effacement.”

http://nypost.com/2015/08/01/iran-publishes-book-on-how-to-outwit-us-and-destroy-israel/
Reply 5
The deal is far better than anything it's opponents can offer up. It is not perfect but it is certainly better than the alternatives, most of which are more likely to provoke a war than anything else.
Original post by LockheedSpooky
I wonder if Israel's anger has anything to do with the book that Iran's supreme leader has just released, detailing the destruction of Israel.

http://nypost.com/2015/08/01/iran-publishes-book-on-how-to-outwit-us-and-destroy-israel/

No change there. Israel's always angry at the world.

If it's not that, it's this. If it's not this, it's that.
Original post by footstool1924
No change there. Israel's always angry at the world.

If it's not that, it's this. If it's not this, it's that.

Imagine getting their knickers in a twist over a country that continually threatens to wipe them off the map and is seeking nuclear weapons.
Imagine getting their knickers in a twist over a country that continually threatens to wipe them off the map and is seeking nuclear weapons.

Keep telling someone that you are not going to love them anymore.

Keep telling them that for 20 years.

The effect wears thin.
Netanyahu is such a coward. He, like Mr. Bush,doesn't like a fair game.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skunkboy

Posted from TSR Mobile

bibi.jpg

Is he though, is he really?
Original post by skunkboy

Posted from TSR Mobile

What makes you say Netanaya a coward?

The guy seems to have had quite a colourful military background.
I'm with both Israel and Obama.

I do believe that the peace deal is a good thing, not least because Iran can eventually produce tonnes of oil and has a fairly large population and also because the Sunni's have been shown to be somewhat wolves in sheeps clothing.

With that said I also think that Israel is right to be skeptical. Iran only puts presidents up for election that the Supreme Leader (the real power) approves of and he put the pro-nuclear weapon nutter ex president up for election between 04-10 so I think that those people viewing Iran good and Israel bad are a bit naive, Iran is a fairly dark shade of grey and Israel a bit of a light shade of grey.

The real people to thank for this though are the fracking industry. The only reason the US is being less divisive in terms of no longer supporting Turkey, Israel and Saudi whatever they do is because shale producing is about to all but end their dependence on Middle East oil. This largely means they can sacrifice their historical allies without risking less oil trade and other stuff.
Original post by viddy9

This x100.

Israel, the sole possessor of nuclear weapons in the middle east, can only cry wolf about an non-existant nuclear weapons program (as confirmed by basically every intelligence report ever) for so long...
Original post by MatureStudent36

If if you hate the guy in every way, completely despise Israel, he is truly a remarkable man.
Original post by IsraelforLife
If if you hate the guy in every way, completely despise Israel, he is truly a remarkable man.

An interesting man, but I'm confused as to why he would be described as a coward.
Unless you actually want to go and wipe Iran off the map entirely, then the only logical way to proceed is to try and work with them and try and influence them positively, such that in the future, even if they do develop nuclear weapons then they won't use them (as is the case with most current nuclear nations, barring probably north korea). Continuing to isolate and put embargoes just leads to even more extremism on their part. Using North Korea as an example, it is the most isolated country on the planet, and yet we know for a fact they have nuclear weapons. Isolation doesn't work, it might delay the construction of nuclear weapons. but it doesn't stop it.

It's a hard choice to work together with your enemies, but in the end it is definitely the correct one.
Original post by IsraelforLife
bibi.jpg

Is he though, is he really?

He's just like a cheap book with beautiful cover.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MatureStudent36

He has been avoiding fair games. He should wear the makeup, bra, and panties. He's not a man,definitely.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Imagine a nation that has been at war since the begin of its existence armed with a nuclear arsenal and a non signatury of the npt telling a country which has not been at war for over 200 years which has signed the npt that it does not have a right to nuclear power

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending