The Student Room Group
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

Roehampton university applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gjjmcmahon
Hahah. I was expecting basic, to be fair. Just wanted to make sure there'd be proper storage for clothing etc! I think that's everything, thank you 😁

No problem! There's also two chest of drawers in your room- so storage wise you should be good :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Original post by rockchicsocks
No problem! There's also two chest of drawers in your room- so storage wise you should be good :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds awesome! More than enough storage for the limited belongings I can be bothered carrying all the way from Ireland 😂

Thanks!
Reply 282
Hi everyone! was wondering if other people were planning on living off campus? Does anyone know when the term starts? As in when do I have to plan on being set up and ready to enrol and enjoy freshers week etc.
Original post by ThydaB
Hi everyone! was wondering if other people were planning on living off campus? Does anyone know when the term starts? As in when do I have to plan on being set up and ready to enrol and enjoy freshers week etc.

Hi Thyda, all the deets are available on the accommodation section and there's also section with important dates.

http://www.roehampton.ac.uk/Current-Students/Term-dates/
Reply 284
Original post by BradCohen
Hi Thyda, all the deets are available on the accommodation section and there's also section with important dates.

http://www.roehampton.ac.uk/Current-Students/Term-dates/

THANKS!!! Is freshers week the same as registration week?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to be a nuisance with questions, but I just thought of another one. Hahah. What is Roehampton like for laundry facilities (washing machine, tumble dryer etc)? Is there a place on the campus or do you just have to sort it out with local laundrettes?

Thanks!
Sorry to be a nuisance with questions, but I just thought of another one. Hahah. What is Roehampton like for laundry facilities (washing machine, tumble dryer etc)? Is there a place on the campus or do you just have to sort it out with local laundrettes?

Thanks!

Not at all! There's tumble dryers and washing machines on campus you can use :-). I think it's about £2 to use each machine (so save up your £1 coins!). There's also a launderette in the parade of shops.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not at all! There's tumble dryers and washing machines on campus you can use :-). I think it's about £2 to use each machine (so save up your £1 coins!). There's also a launderette in the parade of shops.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you 😁
Anyone in Digby Stuart? What's with the noise?
Reply 289
Am so so excited! got an email this morning and everything is confirmed for September!! :smile: any other mature students in here?
Original post by ThydaB
Am so so excited! got an email this morning and everything is confirmed for September!! :smile: any other mature students in here?

I think I'm technically a mature student (I'm 24 and it's anything over 23 or something for most unis lol). I got confirmed a few weeks ago for BSc (Hons) Biomedical Sciences. What're you studying?
I'm a mature student starting this year, studying Creative Writing. :smile:

Not long now, guys!
Original post by BradCohen
I'm a mature student starting this year, studying Creative Writing. :smile:

Not long now, guys!

So exciting!

Has anyone received the welcome pack?
Hi everyone,

I've been given an offer for Biological Sciences through Clearing. Is anyone else here going to be starting this course in September?
Also, is it possible to transfer to Biomedical Science from this course? Biomed was unfortunately full up by the time I rung in.
I haven't done much research on the university so if anyone could give me some insight on what they think of the uni, its science department, and its location, then I'd appreciate it!
Original post by Petulia
Hi everyone,

I've been given an offer for Biological Sciences through Clearing. Is anyone else here going to be starting this course in September?
Also, is it possible to transfer to Biomedical Science from this course? Biomed was unfortunately full up by the time I rung in.
I haven't done much research on the university so if anyone could give me some insight on what they think of the uni, its science department, and its location, then I'd appreciate it!

I can't answer this with complete certainty. However, I have heard of some universities allowing people to swap courses both early in the year and at the end of the year (the only pre-requesite for the latter being that all of the core modules are completed before year two begins). I haven't studied there yet but have been told incredible things about the Life Sciences/Biosciences. The lecturers are active in research of the field that they teach and stuff like that. I visited the campus in July and it is breathtaking, particularly around Froebel and Digby (which is where the BBQ was). It's in Roehampton which is located beside the Barnes station, a train goes directly to it from London Waterloo (which is 20 minutes away and so accessible). The university is a ten-minute walk from the station.

I hope some of that helps!
Reply 295
I recieved an offer for biological sciences through clearing too! Not sure about whether I should accept it or not as I hardly know anything about the university. Is their graduate employability high? Is the university situated in a good area? Is there science department any good? Is the university overall any good? Is the social life decent? So many questions.. :facepalm:
Original post by Taffo
I recieved an offer for biological sciences through clearing too! Not sure about whether I should accept it or not as I hardly know anything about the university. Is their graduate employability high? Is the university situated in a good area? Is there science department any good? Is the university overall any good? Is the social life decent? So many questions.. :facepalm:

Hi,

I accepted their verbal offer, so I added it as my Clearing option and I'm now waiting for them to confirm. I rang them just as the Biomedical Sciences course had got filled, so I have a feeling that the Biological Sciences course will fill up quite quickly too!
I've been researching the university all day and I think the area is quite nice, and someone else told me there were 100 people on their course (Biomed), so I'm assuming it will be a similar number to Biological Sciences.
Also, I haven't really found any negative threads on the university or heard anyone say anything particularly bad about them, so I think it's a decent uni and worth accepting because the place will get taken quickly!

See you in September maybe!
Any mature students studying Creative Writing this year?

Does anyone know what's in the Welcome Pack and when it'll arrive at all?

Super excited to meet you all :smile:
I have seen some welcome packs that included all of the usual stuff: information packs, lanyards, pens etc. Some universities have sent out the time tables for courses with no optional modules to choose. I think it just varies. Hopefully it arrives soon, I'm sure they were waiting for the A Level students to find out if they had been successful. I'd say they'll be arriving either today or early next week.

Has anyone heard back from accommodation? I emailed last week and they told me that they wouldn't be allocating rooms until this week and I've spoken to a fella from London that's already received his confirmation letter. It was for a different college than Whitelands, where I'll be, but I really do need to find out as soon as possible. Flights from Ireland are only getting more expensive and I need to know if I have to sort out alternative accommodation.
I have seen some welcome packs that included all of the usual stuff: information packs, lanyards, pens etc. Some universities have sent out the time tables for courses with no optional modules to choose. I think it just varies. Hopefully it arrives soon, I'm sure they were waiting for the A Level students to find out if they had been successful. I'd say they'll be arriving either today or early next week.

Has anyone heard back from accommodation? I emailed last week and they told me that they wouldn't be allocating rooms until this week and I've spoken to a fella from London that's already received his confirmation letter. It was for a different college than Whitelands, where I'll be, but I really do need to find out as soon as possible. Flights from Ireland are only getting more expensive and I need to know if I have to sort out alternative accommodation.

Thanks! I've only been sent an emailing 'guaranteeing on-campus accommodation' but it's not yet specified the room type that I've been allocated. Soon as I do, I'll let you know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending