The Student Room Group

Ideas for rest of sleeve tattoo

I'm in the process of getting a half sleeve done, the first half of it has been done but I'm struggling to think of something for the other side.

I'm in no rush to get it as I've only just had this done, but just hoping for some ideas or something that could help me come up with an idea.

Here is the first part, the theme is philosophy.
Reply 1
A compass, because you never know what way life will make you go, but also not forgetting your true north, your aspirations and dreams along your journey...

Spoiler

How do you plan on getting employed with that?
Reply 3
Original post by aamirac
A compass, because you never know what way life will make you go, but also not forgetting your true north, your aspirations and dreams along your journey...

Spoiler

That does make sense, but I fear a compass would clash with the pocketwatch too much as they'd look really similar? What do you think?

Original post by zyzzyspirit
How do you plan on getting employed with that?

Going into the creative industry so I see no reason why a tattoo would be disallowed? I'm also already employed full time as an IT Analyst and discussed it with the directors of the company beforehand who were fine with it. I've made sure to leave 2 fingers of space on my wrist so that it can be covered with a long sleeve shirt.

If a company doesn't hire me because of a tattoo over my experience and expertise then it's a company I wouldn't wish to work for, not long term anyway.

tldr; a tattoo doesn't affect my work in anyway in the industries I work in and those I will be seeking employment in after uni.
Reply 4
Original post by D.MCK
That does make sense, but I fear a compass would clash with the pocketwatch too much as they'd look really similar? What do you think?

It could be a smaller one, it's just an idea you can use if it fits into the sleeve on the other side if there is a small gap there and it fits. or have a small chain tattooed connecting the two (if there's space)?

Quick Reply

Latest