The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by espicton98
By 'academic' are you referring to a grammar or public school or just a very renowned comprehensive ? Because they are really high entry grades! You just need 5 c's in anything to get into my school :colonhash:

Public school, yeah. It's not the absolute top of the leaderboards or anything, but it's relatively high up there, which is why I still wonder how the absolute hell I got here, but I did?
But yeah. I don't like to advertise it as I feel like I'm bragging.

And I didn't realise that was that high of a requirement. I guess I'm so used to the school's ways that I forget what it's normally like!
What are you hoping for?
6A*s. 3A s 1 B

What are you expecting?
1A*. 3A s 5B s and 1C

Yeah ..... The exams didn't go too well..... Teachers are going to kill me :smile:

WILL I BE SATISFIED WITH MY RESULTS?
No... Not even close I have worked soooooo hard for sooooo long.

How will I open my results?
I want to be alone - but my friends are being annoying about me not wanting to open them with them...

How will I react?
I will cry....they really are going to be bad. Especially as I really thought about ambitious careers in the future.

Will I meet my 6th form offer?
Possibly.....I hope so....
I want to do maths/further , biology, chemistry
Original post by Do1phinDreamer
Public school, yeah. It's not the absolute top of the leaderboards or anything, but it's relatively high up there, which is why I still wonder how the absolute hell I got here, but I did?
But yeah. I don't like to advertise it as I feel like I'm bragging.

And I didn't realise that was that high of a requirement. I guess I'm so used to the school's ways that I forget what it's normally like!

Yeah that's alright I understand, you are lucky though because you will be recieving a better quality education, the fact that our school still accepts people that haven't achieved 5 a*-c ( bearing in mind this isn't inclusive of maths and English says a lot, and also at my school they will count a btec as a GCSE) personally I wish they were tougher !
Reply 363
I'm hoping for 5 A*s, 6 A's and 1 B, but I'm expecting anything from 7A*s, 5As to 3A*s, 6A's and 3B's 😕 if the only B I get is in art then I will be content but if I get more than one I'll probably be a bit disappointed, I'm going to attempt to open my results away from anyone else bc I don't want other people questioning me
Original post by espicton98
Yeah that's alright I understand, you are lucky though because you will be recieving a better quality education, the fact that our school still accepts people that haven't achieved 5 a*-c ( bearing in mind this isn't inclusive of maths and English says a lot, and also at my school they will count a btec as a GCSE) personally I wish they were tougher !

I know; I am incredibly lucky. That's why I get so pissed when I hear people bitch about the school because I'm just thinking "Okay, you try going to your average state school and see how you fare there". Ah, well.
You can still push yourself even with your school not pushing you; it's just harder. Good luck :smile:
GCSE Results:

What are you hoping for?
8A*'s to A, would be my best case scenario the rest will probably be 1B and 2C's
What are you expecting?
At least 6A*'s to A. Then the rest B's and hopefully no more than 2C's

Will you be satisfied with your expectation?
I feel like no matter what I get I'd still be somewhat disappointed because I know I can do better.

How will you open them?
In a secluded part of the school under the stairs.

How will you celebrate / react?
Celebration? I really don't know about this one. X) Tears of joy? I don't think any celebration will be in order.
My reaction would just be tears, pure tears! Because most of the exams I've done, looking back now I'm sure I failed! ):

Will you meet your Sixth Form/College offer?
I made a best case, worst case and realistic grade scenario. In all of them apart from ofc my worst case I made the offer so I'm not too worried about that.
(edited 8 years ago)
GCSE Results:

What are you hoping for?
9A*'s 1A 1B

What are you expecting?
8A*'s 2A's 1B

I think so.

How will you open them?
Probably by handing them over to my mum or something

I don't really celebrate things but I might just stand around for a minute or two
and then run home to scream

Most likely
What are you hoping for?

What i'm dreaming for is...

2 A*'s, 2 A's and a B

What are you expecting?

3 A's and 2 B's

Depending on what subjects I get the B's in. If I get a B in drama i'll be thrilled, i'm also expecting a B in biology. I'll be okay with that but I feel like for the most part my parents and teachers will be more disappointed than me. And the thought of disappointing my parents is the main reason for my fears :s-smilie:

How will you open them?

I'm going to go with a few close friends then just quietly stand in a corner with them and open them together. I don't think I could handle someone else opening them for me.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 368
anyone knows when the IGCSE results will come ?
Original post by djmans
anyone knows when the IGCSE results will come ?

I recently read a thread which said 11th August... (tomorrow)

BUT I'M NOT SURE DON'T TRUST ANYTHING I SAY
Reply 370
Original post by excludedplasma
I recently read a thread which said 11th August... (tomorrow)

BUT I'M NOT SURE DON'T TRUST ANYTHING I SAY

Wait WAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTT
Original post by djmans

I'm leaving work now but i'll find the thread and send you a link as soon as I get home! But i'm 98% sure that's what it said.
Original post by excludedplasma
I'm leaving work now but i'll find the thread and send you a link as soon as I get home! But i'm 98% sure that's what it said.

That's when CIE results are published to schools/students. One of my results, IGCSE English language is CIE, but I still have to wait to get it with the rest of my results on the 20th
I'm aware that only the teachers are sent it therefore it's unlikely unless it's leaked.
Original post by djmans
GCSE Results:

What are you hoping for?
9A*s 1A

What are you expecting?
7A*s 3As

Not really.

How will you open them?
With my hands. In the hall. Probably.

Whatever I get, I'll go home and watch Netflix.

Yes.
Going to do them next year and I'm absolutely certain that l would perform profoundly poorly.
What Im hoping for...

Wake up in the morning feeling like p diddy, get dressed, slowly walk to school, arriving at the latest time possible to collect results (which is 11:30am). My friends waiting for me there, thinking what took you so long?! I go and get the envelope that basically encloses my current life and tear the seal. I take several minutes looking at my grades and the faces of my friends and my teachers... I do this around 3 times. I either: Scream and say YAY and run around or frown down and storm out of the hall thinking I failed at the first hurdle. :u:
Original post by DaringDaniel
I'm aware that only the teachers are sent it therefore it's unlikely unless it's leaked.

Nah students can see it too online by six am :h:
Provided they have the login details that is

And yes it is tomorrow :smile:
Original post by StrawbAri
Nah students can see it too online by six am :h:
Provided they have the login details that is

And yes it is tomorrow :smile:

No student have the login details as far as I know.
Original post by DaringDaniel
No student have the login details as far as I know.

Look at the thread I made.
Some do.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3485225

Latest