The Student Room Group

Keele or Liverpool John Moores

I currently hold a confirmed place at John Moores, but after seeing the course I applied for at Keele in Clearing I decided to give them a ring to see if they had spaces left. They said they did and that I made the entry requirements, so he gave me a verbal offer and said they would send an email of the verbal offer, but to not withdraw my place from John Moores until I received the e-mail from them. To be honest I like them both equally as much despite one being a campus uni and one being in the city, and I know Keele is higher up in the league table but also with the Keele subject I'd have to do a foundation entry level for a year in humanities and then start the degree. So unsure what to do.
Original post by Riley95
I currently hold a confirmed place at John Moores, but after seeing the course I applied for at Keele in Clearing I decided to give them a ring to see if they had spaces left. They said they did and that I made the entry requirements, so he gave me a verbal offer and said they would send an email of the verbal offer, but to not withdraw my place from John Moores until I received the e-mail from them. To be honest I like them both equally as much despite one being a campus uni and one being in the city, and I know Keele is higher up in the league table but also with the Keele subject I'd have to do a foundation entry level for a year in humanities and then start the degree. So unsure what to do.

I looked at both of those uni's before coming to De Montfort instead haha! Because of league tables, I'd suggest Keele. However, if you're a party-goer and are looking forward to the nightlife, LJM will bring you more choice with being in a city. Have you visited either of them on open days?
Original post by Riley95

Have you visited either? They're quite different unis and have their own personalities.

Don't base this of league tables. It's too important to base it on such nonsense. Go with what feels more 'you'. A foundation year isn't an issue so go with which makes you feel better.
Reply 3
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Have you visited either? They're quite different unis and have their own personalities.

Don't base this of league tables. It's too important to base it on such nonsense. Go with what feels more 'you'. A foundation year isn't an issue so go with which makes you feel better.

They both feel like me! Haha I like both of them equally. The only worry if I choose Keele is that the accommodation deposit is like £450 and I already put a £100 deposit down on a flat In Liverpool when I thought that's what I wanted which i probably wouldn't get back if I withdrew my JMU offer and Idk if I can afford £450 in the next week or so.
Original post by Riley95
They both feel like me! Haha I like both of them equally. The only worry if I choose Keele is that the accommodation deposit is like £450 and I already put a £100 deposit down on a flat In Liverpool when I thought that's what I wanted which i probably wouldn't get back if I withdrew my JMU offer and Idk if I can afford £450 in the next week or so.

If you want Keele then contact them and they should be able to help you in the interest of widening participation. You'll need to check they still have accommodation available too.

I really like Keele. It's a very calm and friendly university but I've never seen LJM.
Reply 5
I'm still stuck between the two one minute it's definitely Liverpool the next it's definitely Keele they just both appeal to me!
Reply 6
still torn.
How long do you have to decide?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Maths-geek
How long do you have to decide?

They gave me until 12 noon tomorrow in the email but when I asked over the phone they said there would be no deadline, should I rang them? Because I'm worried my firm won't release me in time and I'm going to the open day on Sunday.
Original post by Riley95
They gave me until 12 noon tomorrow in the email but when I asked over the phone they said there would be no deadline, should I rang them? Because I'm worried my firm won't release me in time and I'm going to the open day on Sunday.

Yes. You should ring and let them know. The open day will definitely help you to decide :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, just wondering whether you managed to make your decision? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Liverpool! Brilliant city.
Reply 12
It doesn't matter I chose Keele :biggrin:
Original post by Riley95

Good choice, would have done the same :smile:
Great choice, I'm sure you'll love it at Keele! If you have any questions feel free to PM me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Riley95

Did you go to the open day? The weather was glorious. Definitely the best way to see Keele.

I hope you have a brilliant time there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Riley95

hiya, currently facing the same dilemma- was just wondering which you went with and whether you have regrets for either or ?
I have no idea what uni to pick currently deciding whether to take Ljmu uni or keele uni for adult nursing I am based in Liverpool rn like
Original post by Jade122012
I have no idea what uni to pick currently deciding whether to take Ljmu uni or keele uni for adult nursing I am based in Liverpool rn like

I heard LJMU is a good uni overall, not sure about this subject at keele. ive heard edge hill uni is good for nursing too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending