The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WaywardWriter
really? :eek: how come?

a2 results were priortized apparently i get them 2moro taking the p***
Original post by scrawlx101
a2 results were priortized apparently i get them 2moro taking the p***

Are they allowed to do that!? I'd be fuming tbh, that really takes the biscuit :angry: (since you can't say piss on tsr apparently :tongue:) So you really have no choice but to wait? Don't they release them online or something?
Original post by WaywardWriter
Are they allowed to do that!? I'd be fuming tbh, that really takes the biscuit :angry: (since you can't say piss on tsr apparently :tongue:) So you really have no choice but to wait? Don't they release them online or something?

there was a code thing but i didnt take it since i thought id get it today...worst part is mail comes at 11 in the morning...
Original post by scrawlx101
there was a code thing but i didnt take it since i thought id get it today...worst part is mail comes at 11 in the morning...

So I'm guessing you deffo have another day to wait. Just do a movie marathon or binge watch a series on netflix to pass time, that's what i would do :colondollar:
Got a B 🎉 well done everyone , does anyone know how to convert the UMS marks to raw marks so i can see how far i was off each grade on the grade boundaries ?
Got a B! 1 UMS off an A though, which is 3 marks, would it be wise to remark or just resit it? Congratulations everyone! XX
There's a UMS Converter on the AQA Website
Original post by m1gg1n
Got a B 🎉 well done everyone , does anyone know how to convert the UMS marks to raw marks so i can see how far i was off each grade on the grade boundaries ?
I got an A ! :biggrin: which is awesome as I want to do psychology at university. Going to resit unit 1 though as 58 for an A was really high.
I got a C, but throughout the year I've been getting B's on the mocks and I was certain I had gotten a B overall. I'm gutted because I wanted a B so badly and it's what I'm hoping to study at University. When I spoke to my teacher she did say that I was about two marks off a B, and so I'm very unsure as to what I should do now?
I don't want to re-sit, but I'm not sure if it'll be worth re-marking or how I would go about that seeing as my Psychology teacher didn't seem interested in trying to push for that (there were a lot of people in a queue behind me, I feel that it could be because they were trying to just move me along). I could try to make it up next year but I know that'll be a lot harder and I'm uncertain as to what to do.
Guys I got a D and I was almost certain I had secured at least a B.

Fml

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ShootingStar_
I got a C, but throughout the year I've been getting B's on the mocks and I was certain I had gotten a B overall. I'm gutted because I wanted a B so badly and it's what I'm hoping to study at University. When I spoke to my teacher she did say that I was about two marks off a B, and so I'm very unsure as to what I should do now?
I don't want to re-sit, but I'm not sure if it'll be worth re-marking or how I would go about that seeing as my Psychology teacher didn't seem interested in trying to push for that (there were a lot of people in a queue behind me, I feel that it could be because they were trying to just move me along). I could try to make it up next year but I know that'll be a lot harder and I'm uncertain as to what to do.

I would suggest getting a photocopy of your paper and then giving it to your teacher to look at. Then she can see if you've been marked too harshly and if so, get it remarked. The problem with getting a remark straight out is that if your UMS goes down, it's too late. By getting a photocopy you can judge if your UMS will go up or not. Hope this helps!
I got 2 Es (exactly the marks needed to get an E on both papers) I'm sending them to be remarked as I was almost certain I had at least a B!!!
Original post by laurenrayment
I got 2 Es (exactly the marks needed to get an E on both papers) I'm sending them to be remarked as I was almost certain I had at least a B!!!

With all due respect, Psychology only has a minimal degree of subjectivity and the large majority of questions are looking for very specific structure / points covered. I doubt the examiner has marked so incorrectly that you will go up to a B or an A - that would require a massive botch job! Perhaps you would be better off investing the money into resitting the exam next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
My ums for PSYA1 was 68 which is a c, so I did 68% of 72 to get a raw mark of 48.96? Is this correct or am I being a dullard? If it is If I roujd up I am 4 marks off an B (53) or 5 if its at 48.
Should I ask for my paper to be remarked or is this too big a leap? D:
If I ask for both then over all I would only need 3 marks total to get 70% of 144 which would be a B. (I used the same calculation as before)

is it just 2 ums? 70% = 70 ums? since each exam is 100 ums.? idk
(edited 8 years ago)
Got an A in psychology, really happy with that.
I don't know how many marks I got on each exam, I'll find out next Thursday :smile:
Original post by korrin
My ums for PSYA1 was 68 which is a c, so I did 68% of 72 to get a raw mark of 48.96? Is this correct or am I being a dullard? If it is If I roujd up I am 4 marks off an B (53) or 5 if its at 48.
Should I ask for my paper to be remarked or is this too big a leap? D:
If I ask for both then over all I would only need 3 marks total to get 70% of 144 which would be a B. (I used the same calculation as before)

is it just 2 ums? 70% = 70 ums? since each exam is 100 ums.? idk

Go on AQA UMS converter, you put a raw mark in for a certain paper in a certain year and it tells you the equivalent UMS, it doesn't have the option to put the UMS in so you'll have to do abit of guestimating until the result is 68 UMS :smile:
Original post by jcsiah
With all due respect, Psychology only has a minimal degree of subjectivity and the large majority of questions are looking for very specific structure / points covered. I doubt the examiner has marked so incorrectly that you will go up to a B or an A - that would require a massive botch job! Perhaps you would be better off investing the money into resitting the exam next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was more thinking that there was a computer error, I've gone a whole year of doing mocks and have recieved As consantantly. I think it's a bit odd that in 2 exams I thought I done really well on I received 2 Es, and on both papers I got the exact mark needed to get an E, any lower it would have been a U. I've got nothing to lose apart from £80 and it would put my mind at ease.
Original post by laurenrayment
I was more thinking that there was a computer error, I've gone a whole year of doing mocks and have recieved As consantantly. I think it's a bit odd that in 2 exams I thought I done really well on I received 2 Es, and on both papers I got the exact mark needed to get an E, any lower it would have been a U. I've got nothing to lose apart from £80 and it would put my mind at ease.

Fair enough! If you believe in your ability and are certain a result simply must not be correct go with it. I am doing the exact same thing for another subject. Best of luck, I hope you get the outcome your hard work entitled you to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We're in the same boat!
I believe the psychology marking may have gone a little wrong this year! It didn't go wrong for me because I got an A but at my college everyone who were getting Bs and As have got Ds and Es!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending