The Student Room Group

AS grades

Hey Guys, I got my AS results last week, I got :

B- Biology
C- Chemistry
A - Psychology
E - Maths
B - EPQ (not the same as a full AS level grade).

Is it possible to get A's for my sciences next year even with such low grades this year? Or is that too unrealistic ? I'm not overly smart but I am usually ok with studying. I got 8 A* and 5 A's in GCSE. So I was very disappointed with my grades this year. Can I improve? Or is A levels that much harder?

Cheers.
Yeah of course you can
I got AABC
With B in bio and C in chem
Going to retake one unit from biology and both units for chemistry and aiming for As defo possible
Plus my friend went from a C at as to an A in A2 in chemistry
So don't be disheartened
It is possible

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ros_eyxoxo

B- Biology
C- Chemistry
A - Psychology
E - Maths

Is it possible to get A's for my sciences next year even with such low grades this year? Or is that too unrealistic ? I'm not overly smart but I am usually ok with studying. I got 8 A* and 5 A's in GCSE. So I was very disappointed with my grades this year. Can I improve? Or is A levels that much harder?

Cheers.

Hey,

I'm going to move your thread to the A levels forum in Study Help. Please make sure to post any study help related questions in study help next time, not chat. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Black Rose
Hey,

I'm going to move your thread to the A levels forum in Study Help. Please make sure to post any study help related questions in study help next time, not chat. :smile:

Oops sorry and thank you for moving it! XD
Oops sorry and thank you for moving it! XD

It's so you can get more responses if it's in the right forum :h:
Reply 5
Original post by spiritless98
Yeah of course you can
I got AABC
With B in bio and C in chem
Going to retake one unit from biology and both units for chemistry and aiming for As defo possible
Plus my friend went from a C at as to an A in A2 in chemistry
So don't be disheartened
It is possible

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok thank you! This makes me feel slightly better and hopeful! XD Good luck for next year. :biggrin:

B- Biology
C- Chemistry
A - Psychology
E - Maths

Cheers.

If you have a high/mid B you can definately get an A next year.
The C in chemistry however to get up to an A you'll need very very high ums next year but it's not impossible at all.
I'd say possibly retake your chemistry as the AS content will be easier than the A2 content so you won't have so much pressure to perform amazingly at A2 chemistry.

Quick Reply

Latest