The Student Room Group

A-level choices?

I was thinking of doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Graphic Design (or Art)
Graphics design was going to be the one I dropped.
But I'm not so confident in maths- I can take in concepts and do it but it does stress me out and I find it hard to remember formulas a long time after I learn them.
I love art, and I want to expand my skills. I practice drawing digitally and I love it. I haven't done Graphics or art at GCSE though

I aim to be a psychologist/psychatrist (not sure which as of yet, likely the latter)
and have teaching as a backup.
So now I'm thinking should I drop maths instread of graphics. I know I have quite a long time for me to make the final choice but I want to be sure before I start applying to sixth forms/colleges.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by Ai-Kurrikku
I was thinking of doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Graphic Design (or Art)
Graphics design was going to be the one I dropped.
But I'm not so confident in maths- I can take in concepts and do it but it does stress me out and I find it hard to remember formulas a long time after I learn them.
I love art, and I want to expand my skills. I practice drawing digitally and I love it. I haven't done Graphics or art at GCSE though

I aim to be a psychologist/psychatrist (not sure which as of yet, likely the latter)
and have teaching as a backup.
So now I'm thinking should I drop maths instread of graphics. I know I have quite a long time for me to make the final choice but I want to be sure before I start applying to sixth forms/colleges.

If you want to be a psychologist or psychiatrist you need Maths, generally speaking. Many universities lock you out of doing it if you don't take it - and honestly you'll want it for Chemistry anyway. Graphic Design doesn't honestly fit in with your other subjects but if you like it go for it - by the end of AS you'll have a better idea of what you want to do. Also consider Psychology instead of Graphic Design at AS at least so that you know you enjoy it!

Quick Reply

Latest