The Student Room Group

Loan payment dates

Hi,

Does anyone know when the first payment of the student loan from Saab will be?

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

I actually wanted to know too. How payments are laid out and when the first one is usually made. Does anyone know? Would be greatly appreciated!
Student loan company will issue letter of payment dates around one month before your course starts, the first date may state it's before your course starts but no money will be paid until ur uni or college either send an electric signal to student loan company, or, they scan your SLC letter which will release payment. It takes 3-5 days to go in bank and firstv payment will be a double payment. Followed by ten more monthly payments usually on the 7th (this only applies to saas and Scotland) :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by debbiedear
Student loan company will issue letter of payment dates around one month before your course starts, the first date may state it's before your course starts but no money will be paid until ur uni or college either send an electric signal to student loan company, or, they scan your SLC letter which will release payment. It takes 3-5 days to go in bank and firstv payment will be a double payment. Followed by ten more monthly payments usually on the 7th (this only applies to saas and Scotland) :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, that helps a lot :smile:
Reply 4

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for your help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
no worries i know im not the only one going crazy bout it lol. im a bit disappointed because saas have issued my award letter but iv been told to ignore it because it isn't the full amount i applied for (theyre still processing my documents i originally applied may 5th but i didnt send in docs til july 10th) so basically i still don't know when i'll have my payments, they say it takes 28 days to process docs urgh! :-(
Reply 6
Got my letter in from SLC this morning. Payment schedule as follows...

15/9/14 - double payment

then single payments from...

7/10/14
7/11/14
5/12/14
7/1/15
6/2/15
6/3/15
7/4/15
7/5/15

I'm gonna set up a savings account to transfer money every month so as to the divide the money equally so that I still have payments in June, July and August.
Reply 7
Original post by sci27
Got my letter in from SLC this morning. Payment schedule as follows...

15/9/14 - double payment

then single payments from...

7/10/14
7/11/14
5/12/14
7/1/15
6/2/15
6/3/15
7/4/15
7/5/15

I'm gonna set up a savings account to transfer money every month so as to the divide the money equally so that I still have payments in June, July and August.

Exactly what I was looking for, thank you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
every uni/college is different for first payment as it depends when your course actually starts (i.e mine starts august but my sister starts september) My award says ill get first double payment on 18/8/14, but as my course doesnt start til 26/8/14 ill receive first payment after the college scan my letter and get money 3 days later, but then all payments r usually on the 7th from september.
Reply 9
every uni/college is different for first payment as it depends when your course actually starts (i.e mine starts august but my sister starts september) My award says ill get first double payment on 18/8/14, but as my course doesnt start til 26/8/14 ill receive first payment after the college scan my letter and get money 3 days later, but then all payments r usually on the 7th from september.

That makes sense, thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Registration for my course is on 16/9/14 but my course doesn't start till 29/9/14. Does this mean i'll receive my double payment on the day I register?
when u register ur uni/college scan ur letter from saas or send an elctronic signal to saas to let them know u have enrolled, as far as im aware this means that saas will release ur payment and most payments go into ur bank 3-5 days after u register. unless the payment date on ur letter is later than that i.e after 21/8/14 then payment will just go in on that day if that makes sense?
has anyone had their first saas payment yet?
Original post by jrs mummy
has anyone had their first saas payment yet?

I just received my first payment from slc today and I should be getting my first payment from saas on Monday :smile:
Mine said I should get Saas and slc on Monday (second payment 7/08/15) but they also said that I won't get it until the college confirms my attendance and I don't start until Monday!
I need a laptop for my course and I can't but one until I get it :frown: worried now.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by LilithPaige
Mine said I should get Saas and slc on Monday (second payment 7/08/15) but they also said that I won't get it until the college confirms my attendance and I don't start until Monday!
I need a laptop for my course and I can't but one until I get it :frown: worried now.

Have you enrolled on to the course yet? I enrolled last week I read that saas and slc will begin payments when you've enrolled.
what was your original payment date for you to receive saas/slc? mines is the 7th i enrolled last Thursday but still nothing in my bank:frown:
Original post by jrs mummy
what was your original payment date for you to receive saas/slc? mines is the 7th i enrolled last Thursday but still nothing in my bank:frown:

On my schedule from the slc I was told i would get my first double payment on 28th August which I did and my first saas double payment would be paid to me on the 31st I've not received the saas yet until Monday but I'm sure you'll get yours on the 7th don't worry too much I'm sure everything will be ok :smile:
Original post by stephokerro
Have you enrolled on to the course yet? I enrolled last week I read that saas and slc will begin payments when you've enrolled.

I went in for induction last Tuesday, is that enrolling?
Received my bursery payment today! But not SLC payment? I guess for the first payment they must run a day or two later since the college tells SAAS you attend who then need to tell SLC?
(edited 8 years ago)
Yes that should be your enrollment day. The college are suppose to notify both SAAS and SLC that you have enrolled on to the course.

I got my loan 3 days before i started college do you have your loan payment schedule? It should tell you when the first payment should be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending