The Student Room Group

Dropping out of masters degree

Hello,
I have decided to drop out of my masters degree. I received around £4000 from student finance on the second, if I drop out by the end of this week/next two weeks will I be expected to pay it back immediately (I don’t have it all) or will I keep the money and it be added to my full student loan debt? Thank you
Original post by Dpod2002
Hello,
I have decided to drop out of my masters degree. I received around £4000 from student finance on the second, if I drop out by the end of this week/next two weeks will I be expected to pay it back immediately (I don’t have it all) or will I keep the money and it be added to my full student loan debt? Thank you

Hi there,

If you've received a payment and your withdrawal date was after the payment date that amount will be added to your balance as normal and repaid once you enter repayment/earn over the threshold. If your withdrawal date was before your payment date you'll be required to repay this amount immediately. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

If you've received a payment and your withdrawal date was after the payment date that amount will be added to your balance as normal and repaid once you enter repayment/earn over the threshold. If your withdrawal date was before your payment date you'll be required to repay this amount immediately. Thanks, Jason

Thank you! It was after the payment date.
Thank you! It was after the payment date.

Thank you. In this case that amount would be added to your general repayment balance for your Student Loan. Thanks - David
Reply 4
Original post by David SLC
Thank you. In this case that amount would be added to your general repayment balance for your Student Loan. Thanks - David

Hello me again!
I have just been told by my university finance office that I will have to pay back the payment received on the 2nd immediately, despite my date of withdrawal being the 15th of Jan. is this because I am only taking a break in study? Meaning if I fully withdraw the payment will be added to my full amount to be repaid as you explained before?
Thank you
Hello me again!
I have just been told by my university finance office that I will have to pay back the payment received on the 2nd immediately, despite my date of withdrawal being the 15th of Jan. is this because I am only taking a break in study? Meaning if I fully withdraw the payment will be added to my full amount to be repaid as you explained before?
Thank you

Hi there,

If you have suspended or withdrawn after the payment date then you would not be expected to pay it back to us immediately and it would be added to your repayment balance.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending