The Student Room Group

When will I be paid

Hi there, I am due to start uni soon.

My expected payment date for my first installment of maintenance loan says 29th January 2024 but my status is "Awaiting Confirmation".

I have attached a screenshot.

Will I be paid within 3 days of this date? Or will I have to wait a few weeks before my first payment?

Bear in mind, this is my first ever payment. I am doing a foundation year in Business and Management 😭
Original post by Sarwarhu5
Hi there, I am due to start uni soon.

My expected payment date for my first installment of maintenance loan says 29th January 2024 but my status is "Awaiting Confirmation".

I have attached a screenshot.

Will I be paid within 3 days of this date? Or will I have to wait a few weeks before my first payment?

Bear in mind, this is my first ever payment. I am doing a foundation year in Business and Management 😭

Hi there, your payment is scheduled for the first day of your term. This is released around the date as long as the university release your payment in time by sending us over 'confirmation of registration'. So if you keep an eye on your account around the 29th of January. If the payment still says 'awaiting confirmation' then do speak to them and ask them to send us this over. Once we have this it will take 1-2 working days to update and then you will receive payment within 3-5 working days of this updating. The payment will also change to 'payment in progress' a few days before it reaches your account. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Hi there Jason,

In regards to "confirmation of registration" is this something the university sends to you straight away? Or is this sent to you after a few weeks?

Thanks, Mohammed
Original post by Sarwarhu5
Hi there Jason,

In regards to "confirmation of registration" is this something the university sends to you straight away? Or is this sent to you after a few weeks?

Thanks, Mohammed

Hi Mohammed,

It's down to the university. Typically it is closer to the start of your course but something you may want to check directly with them. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending